Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Any new music for Christmas???

Go down 
+5
ChosenOne
eternal sanctum
Staybrite
LateFortheParty
alldatndensum
9 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Any new music for Christmas??? Empty
PostSubject: Any new music for Christmas???   Any new music for Christmas??? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 11:27 am

Alldat must have been a bad boy this year and got no new CDs for Christmas. I did get quite a few nice things from the Mrs., though. Just no new music.

What about you?

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
LateFortheParty

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2007-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Any new music for Christmas???   Any new music for Christmas??? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 12:24 pm

[quote][Alldat must have been a bad boy this year /quote]

Yes, but that has already been discussed here. cheers

http://christianhardmusic.com/warped-drive-general-discussion-f2/2-reasons-to-love-the-nashville-predators-t470.htm#4898
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23399
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Any new music for Christmas???   Any new music for Christmas??? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 12:41 pm

Well I thought I was a good boy but I didn't get any music either. But my wife pretty much refuses to buy me music for fear that she will get something I don't like.

I did get a gift card for Guitar Center, which is good because I need new strings.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Any new music for Christmas???   Any new music for Christmas??? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 12:54 pm

I did get a couple of pieces of gear that I wanted/needed. I got a new hardshell case for my Ibanez acoustic guitar, and I got a new Intellitouch Tuner. You just clip it on your guitar or bass headstock, and it will allow you to retune without having to have unplug your guitar during a show or having an extra stomp box on the floor.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Any new music for Christmas???   Any new music for Christmas??? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 4:32 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
.... and I got a new Intellitouch Tuner. You just clip it on your guitar or bass headstock, and it will allow you to retune without having to have unplug your guitar during a show or having an extra stomp box on the floor.

You'll have to let me know what you think of that. I have a the BOSS stomp box tuner (a little spendy at around $100). I really like it but I can't tune on the fly without cutting out my feed.

Oh yes and I got a consolation prize/present from my sister-in-law that I am not too sure about. Several months ago she bought a used Washburn bass guitar so she could learn how to play bass. Well like 90% of people who pick up a musical instrument to learn, she quickly put it back down again. She has decided to "give" it to me as Christmas present, because she is sure I will get some use out of it (but she forgot to bring it over yesterday).

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Any new music for Christmas???   Any new music for Christmas??? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 5:08 pm

Quote :
You'll have to let me know what you think of
that. I have a the BOSS stomp box tuner (a little spendy at around
$100). I really like it but I can't tune on the fly without cutting out
my feed.

I'm not sure if you would really want to tune without cutting the feed. Your audience doesn't really want to hear your tuning--they want to hear the songs. Even with the Intellitouch, you probably would want to use your speed knobs to cut off the sound from the pickups. That shouldn't affect this tuner.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Any new music for Christmas???   Any new music for Christmas??? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 6:19 pm

alldatndensum wrote:

I'm not sure if you would really want to tune without cutting the feed. Your audience doesn't really want to hear your tuning--they want to hear the songs. Even with the Intellitouch, you probably would want to use your speed knobs to cut off the sound from the pickups. That shouldn't affect this tuner.

Well the way I play not many would notice, but if you hit a big power chord and hold the sustain, it would be nice to fine tune that pesky G-string before launching into a tasty lead, and not have your sustain cut out.
Tongue

eternal sanctum

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2007-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Any new music for Christmas???   Any new music for Christmas??? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 6:25 pm

Empire - Chasing Shadows
Dreamscape - 5th Season
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/empyrealsymphony
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Any new music for Christmas???   Any new music for Christmas??? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 10:20 pm

I got Spokens new one and Storyside B-We are not alone. Both are really good.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Any new music for Christmas???   Any new music for Christmas??? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 7:31 am

I love that Storyside:B. I haven't bothered to pick up that Spoken.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16562
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Any new music for Christmas???   Any new music for Christmas??? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 8:28 am

For me it was nothing for Christmas no new music and no other gifts too.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Any new music for Christmas???   Any new music for Christmas??? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 8:36 am

It seems I wasn't a good girl this year have not gotten gifts for Christmas.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Any new music for Christmas???   Any new music for Christmas??? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 4:18 pm

Do you and Aart not exchange gifts? I know of some couples here that don't buy gifts for one another and just buy for their kids. Holly & I have no kids and spoil each other quite nicely.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Any new music for Christmas???   Any new music for Christmas??? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 4:27 pm

That's my wife and I, we haven't bought anything for each other the last several years. We spend most of our money on our children. We did buy ourselves a new vacuum cleaner this year.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Any new music for Christmas???   Any new music for Christmas??? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 4:29 pm

Quote :
We did buy ourselves a new vacuum cleaner this year.

Oooooh.......so romantic! lol!

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Any new music for Christmas???   Any new music for Christmas??? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 5:14 pm

To be honest it's not a tradition here to give each other gifts.
More and more people give each other gifts with Christmas.
Some years ago the kids asked if we could give each other gifts for Christmas so we did.
But not for this Christmas.

I hope to buy cool new CDs next year.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Any new music for Christmas???   Any new music for Christmas??? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 5:27 pm

Staybrite how romantic to get a new vacuum cleaner for Christmas.
My vacuum cleaner has a name, I call him "Noenoe"
He's a real dust biter.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond

7thSecond

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2007-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Any new music for Christmas???   Any new music for Christmas??? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 6:50 pm

No new cd's as my wife wouldn't know where to start. I did buy her and the kid's many nice new gifts though. I did manage to snag a Simpsons Movie DVD and t-shirt from them also.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Any new music for Christmas???   Any new music for Christmas??? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 7:47 pm

Okay, my sister-in-law brought this over today, as a belated Christmas present for me. She bought this Washburn XB100 bass used from someone, and thought she would learn how to play bass. After several months she gave up, and is giving it to me. It is in surprisingly good shape, straight neck, decent action, no dings or scuffs. Looks like it was never played.
It is a very low-end model, I will have to get it hooked up to our sound system at church and see how it sounds. The thing is increadibly light, even lighter than my Schecter.

Any new music for Christmas??? P1010078

PostSubject: Re: Any new music for Christmas???   Any new music for Christmas??? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 8:21 pm

^Very nice/Very cool Cool .
Back to top Go down
LateFortheParty

PostSubject: Re: Any new music for Christmas???   Any new music for Christmas??? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 8:26 pm

Well I am looking through all the old threads because I have a little Christmas money to spend on myself, which means, music Very Happy .

So, not asking for recommendations, but I just haven't listened to anything new-to-me that I want to get.

I have planned on getting some Rev Seven, Degarmo and Key (on cd), maybe some more Narnia....etc., but, nothing new. I am interested in any "bargains" that you may have seen lately.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Any new music for Christmas???   Any new music for Christmas??? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 12:24 pm

Try looking through this site, he doesn't really have any deals on "new" stuff, but anything not listed as (sealed) is used, and some of it is at a pretty decent price. He is very reputable.

http://ourworld.cs.com/r4ofusnow/myhomepage/sale.html

(Btw he ships media mail so it can take up to 3 weeks)

Cliffy

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Any new music for Christmas???   Any new music for Christmas??? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 1:00 pm

Megadeth Warchest
250 MLR cds courtesy of Retroactive (as well as all the label's upcoming releases).

later...Cliffy
Back to top Go down
http://www.steinhausmastering.com
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3872

PostSubject: Re: Any new music for Christmas???   Any new music for Christmas??? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 1:31 pm

LateFortheParty wrote:
I am interested in any "bargains" that you may have seen lately.
Tons of bargains to be found in my mega list in the general store. Smile You can request some stuff on my shows if you want to hear it first, but you better warn me in advance so I make sure I have it with me. Also, I need to go power up the computers so the stream is on - apparently they had a power outage over break so there's no music or stream right now.

ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Any new music for Christmas???   Any new music for Christmas??? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 3:19 pm

I'm not sure how long the sale is but, I know that Family Christian stores has the new Thousand Foot Krutch cd for $10 and if you get thier magazine there is a coupon for an additional 25% off. I got the cd after Christmas and like it. I think it's there best yet. I did notice however that the song "What do we Know" sound awful like Our Lady Peace and "Falls Apart" really has that 3 Days Grace Sound to it. Considering both of those mainstream bands are from Canada as well, go figure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any new music for Christmas???   Any new music for Christmas??? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any new music for Christmas???
Page 1 of 1