Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Trytan update 2

Go down 
+7
Driven
kerrick
Follower of Jesus
Black Rider
Staybrite
alldatndensum
Fundy
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1446
Registration date : 2018-04-12

Trytan update 2 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trytan update 2   Trytan update 2 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2021 5:34 pm

I was disappointed to learn that the LP version of this apparently arrived recently and the supply ran out. Then to my astonishment, more copies came in.  Snagged one!

Staybrite and MikeInFla like this post

Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

Trytan update 2 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trytan update 2   Trytan update 2 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2021 5:38 pm

I'm just listening to Blood of Kings for the first time all the way. The guitar work is pretty good, and I was startled by the '80s Genesis reference in Monsters (definitely not the most innocent song Genesis has ever recorded!), but I'm not sure I like this more than 80s Trytan. To my ears, the production is good but not great for something mainly homemade. Like the Sylentiger album, some of the songs are longer than they need to be and this could've been 2 shorter records in my mind. However, there's a wider range of influences on this album than the ones before. That said, the jury's still out on whether I'll listen to this more or less often.

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down

Trytan update 2
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3