Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Trytan update 2

Go down 
+7
Driven
kerrick
Follower of Jesus
Black Rider
Staybrite
alldatndensum
Fundy
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Trytan update 2 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trytan update 2   Trytan update 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2021 4:37 pm

kerrick wrote:
(CCM is probably my absolute least favorite genre - even lower than rap or pop-country.)

OUCH! affraid

kerrick and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5323
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Trytan update 2   Trytan update 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2021 4:43 pm

kerrick wrote:
I actually really liked that first song and it makes me want to check them out more.  That second song I didn't care for at all though.  (CCM is probably my absolute least favorite genre - even lower than rap or pop-country.)
The lowest one can possibly go is RnB.

I'm going to get mine from Nordic Mission.  They've emailed me to say they'll be getting some.  Their postage is much better Smile

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Trytan update 2   Trytan update 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2021 4:47 pm

^Shipping is less from Norway than within the US??? Dang!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465

PostSubject: Re: Trytan update 2   Trytan update 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2021 5:48 pm

kerrick wrote:
^Shipping is less from Norway than within the US???  Dang!

Fundy isn't in the USA.  He's a Brit.  Or was that Twit?  I can never get that right!   lol!

I pulled the trigger and ordered all three of their albums.  "Celestial Messenger" has three bonus songs on it, so that's cool.  I figured I might as well have all three if I were going to get two.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

kerrick and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23418
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Trytan update 2   Trytan update 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2021 5:55 pm

kerrick wrote:
I actually really liked that first song and it makes me want to check them out more.  That second song I didn't care for at all though.  (CCM is probably my absolute least favorite genre - even lower than rap or pop-country.)

Oh gosh, I'd listen to CCM over Rap/Hip-hop or Pop-Country any day.
Maybe not classic Country though. 
Very Happy

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Trytan update 2   Trytan update 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2021 6:10 pm

Staybrite wrote:
kerrick wrote:

Oh gosh, I'd listen to CCM over Rap/Hip-hop or Pop-Country any day.
Maybe not classic Country though. 
Very Happy

I would listen to CCM over rap or country any day.  However, most of the CCM music today is generic carbon copies of one another and not worth my time, either.  So, I will pass on all of it and try to find something I like.  If that ever stops being available, then I will simply listen to what is already out there like a proper old person.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Staybrite, MikeInFla and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Trytan update 2   Trytan update 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2021 6:45 pm

I don't listen to CCM at all but I like that song to sing. CCM is so bad that an openly gay dude is the top itunes artist pushing out Lauren Daigle who, after telling Ellen Degeneres she didn't know if homosexuality was wrong, said she no longer considered herself a Christian artist.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Trytan update 2   Trytan update 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2021 10:43 pm

I agree with the thoughts on Revelation Song, except that I can hear John Elefante and I love his voice. So...

Black Rider and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Trytan update 2   Trytan update 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2021 4:23 pm

Staybrite wrote:
I went ahead and pre-ordered the album.  It's only $13.99.
However, postage is $6.99 (that's half the price of the cd Rolling Eyes ).  
If Matt is going to have that as his new standard shipping price I'm probably going to be done with ordering anymore Retroactive reissues.

Yeah that was my beef with Rattle Your Cage. Then if I ordered this one it would be another 6.99 shipping.

Like AllDat I am a bit underwhelmed by this. It's definitely not what I expected so I'll pass but I'm glad they have a new release coming out.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Trytan update 2   Trytan update 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2021 6:36 pm

I have the new Trytan.  It sounds amazing, but I am struggling with back to back songs well over 8 minutes long.  It is all I can do not to hit the skip button!

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1447
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Trytan update 2   Trytan update 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2021 7:06 pm

Mine arrived as well.  Uploading it to YouTube Music, along with the revamped Celestial Messenger. 

Good grief, Alldat.  Shall we start a therapy group for your musical ADD?

alldatndensum and topshot rhit like this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Trytan update 2   Trytan update 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2021 12:35 pm

I don't have mine....I had to send it to Arizona (to my sister-in-law) because we are still living temporarily in Washington (at an AirBnB).  So looks like I won't be hearing it until April.

Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Trytan update 2   Trytan update 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2021 7:26 pm

Man I envy you escaping this commie state.

Staybrite, crucifyd and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

PostSubject: Re: Trytan update 2   Trytan update 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2021 8:43 pm

What an improvement for Staybrite!  cheers

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Trytan update 2   Trytan update 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2021 10:14 pm

Normaniac wrote:
Mine arrived as well.  Uploading it to YouTube Music, along with the revamped Celestial Messenger. 

Good grief, Alldat.  Shall we start a therapy group for your musical ADD?

It is more than just musical ADD.  It is real ADD and I am on meds for it.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Trytan update 2   Trytan update 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2021 1:55 pm

Black Rider wrote:
Man I envy you escaping this commie state.

Come with me!  Very Happy

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Trytan update 2   Trytan update 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2021 9:16 pm

After my first full listen, I don't really like this.  There are several songs over 8 minutes that I ended up glossed over while listening.  I have also figured out that I don't like the sound of the singer's voice.  I may end up selling these once the label runs out.

Last edited by alldatndensum on Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

PostSubject: Re: Trytan update 2   Trytan update 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2021 9:34 pm

Finally read the liner notes the other day, which puts these amazing songs in a more sensible context.  Could not be prouder of Lary, Jim, Eric, and the rest for this great album! Well worth the 30-year wait!

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Trytan update 2   Trytan update 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2021 12:46 am

I agree, worth waiting 30 years! I'm lovin' this album. The song writing, the lyrics, the talented musicianship, an all-around great album. He seamlessly picked up where they left off.

I'm giving it a solid 9 out of 10.

Black Rider, kerrick and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Trytan update 2   Trytan update 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2021 11:13 am

I was not really a fan of Celestial Messenger. I’ve only recently heard Sylentiger, but I really like that it was going away from the Rush-clone sound and toward more of a melodic hard rock direction.

Blood of Kings continues this direction and is just flat out incredible! It’s just a fantastic metal record. The lyrics are excellent, the songwriting is likewise stellar, and the production makes it a whole package.

It’s too new for me to pick favorites yet but this thing slays!

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Trytan update 2   Trytan update 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2021 3:15 pm

Glad people like it, but I'm with AllDat. Just not my thing. I guess I was hoping for a Rush sound.

alldatndensum likes this post

Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

PostSubject: Re: Trytan update 2   Trytan update 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2021 8:44 pm

Since Rush is no more (RIP Neil Sad ), and musical tastes evolve over time, I wasn't anticipating the same sound from 1990.  I tempered my expectations and voila! Art for the ears.

Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Trytan update 2   Trytan update 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2021 9:23 am

I didn't mind the Rush sound, it was mostly in the vocals but I do enjoy the direction they went after CM.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Trytan update 2   Trytan update 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2021 2:56 pm

I finally got my copy of this album and listened to it last night.  I'm really digging it.  I do wish there were one or two more shorter songs (every track but one is over 6 minutes), but there is nothing boring at all on this album.  So I am not going to complain.

Fundy, Black Rider and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5323
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Trytan update 2   Trytan update 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2021 4:27 pm

Staybrite wrote:
I finally got my copy of this album and listened to it last night.  I'm really digging it.  I do wish there were one or two more shorter songs (every track but one is over 6 minutes), but there is nothing boring at all on this album.  So I am not going to complain.
Ditto!  I think it's a brilliant album, but I'm a 3 - 5 minute song guy.  Still, when the songs are this good, it's as you say "I am not going to complain"

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.

Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trytan update 2   Trytan update 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down