Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bride - Oddities

Go down 
+8
Normaniac
Fundy
rockerVu2
Black Rider
Dynamis
alldatndensum
Xid
Staybrite
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Bride - Oddities Empty
PostSubject: Bride - Oddities   Bride - Oddities I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2019 2:58 pm

I had this cd several years ago and I remember trading it.  I found a used copy kind of cheap a few months ago and I am listening to it all over again.  I only kind of remember a few of the tracks, so it’s almost like a completely new album to me.  I have to say I really like several of the tracks such as “I Ain’t Coming Down”, “Why Won’t He Break” & “Under the Blood”…..but I find some of the other songs have annoying parts in them such as the odd guitar sounds in “Tomorrow Makes No Sense” and weak verses in “I Found God”, the ethereal almost goofing sounding “God’s Human Oddities”.  I know they were firmly entrenched in the Alternative Rock/Metal movement by this time, but still not sure what they were going for on this album.  I’d say for me it’s not a bad album overall…. just a little “odd” in some parts (certainly 3 or 4 tracks to skip).  Who else likes, hates, or loves this album?

Xid

Number of posts : 5505
Registration date : 2014-03-12

Bride - Oddities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride - Oddities   Bride - Oddities I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2019 6:09 pm

I ordered an album from Bride and they sent me this one instead.  I don't think I've ever listened to it.  Kind of ticked me off because they wanted me to pay to have it shipped back.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Bride - Oddities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride - Oddities   Bride - Oddities I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2019 6:14 pm

I liked it more when I first got it, but it had dropped to my least favorite Bride disc.  I hardly ever play it as I only like about half the tracks.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Bride - Oddities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride - Oddities   Bride - Oddities I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2019 7:17 pm

I agree- this is my least favorite Bride disc.  Only like around four to five songs- rest are completely unmemorable (too long and/or too acoustic/alternative).
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

Bride - Oddities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride - Oddities   Bride - Oddities I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2019 8:37 pm

Didn't like whatever they were going for in sound, maybe two good songs is all.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Bride - Oddities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride - Oddities   Bride - Oddities I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2019 6:29 am

They were still going alternative in their sound.  I don't mind the rockers, but every other song is a ballad sort of song.  If you really listen to those tracks, you could have thrown Mac Powell on those and they would have sounded like Third Day CCM radio tracks.  Cut the mellow songs and add solos to the rockers and I would have liked it much better.  It just wasn't consistent musically at all.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Bride - Oddities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride - Oddities   Bride - Oddities I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2019 8:49 am

I like some songs on "Oddities".
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5307
Registration date : 2007-05-04

Bride - Oddities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride - Oddities   Bride - Oddities I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2019 3:40 pm

I love this album!

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

Bride - Oddities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride - Oddities   Bride - Oddities I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2019 3:42 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
I like some songs on "Oddities".

Fundy wrote:
I love this album!

I knew there had to be some people who liked it (well at least parts of it). Thumbs Up

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1439
Registration date : 2018-04-12

Bride - Oddities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride - Oddities   Bride - Oddities I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2019 3:56 pm

Good album.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Bride - Oddities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride - Oddities   Bride - Oddities I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2019 9:10 am

This seems like one of those "polariznig" albums.  Seems a lot of people either love it or hate it.  I feel like I'm closer to the middle (I probably like a little more than half of it).

Staybrite

Bride - Oddities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride - Oddities   Bride - Oddities I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2019 6:40 pm

For those of you claiming this as one of your least favorite Bride albums, how do you rank it compared to "Drop" or "Fistful of Bees"?

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Bride - Oddities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride - Oddities   Bride - Oddities I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2019 7:14 pm

Quote :
For those of you claiming this as one of your least favorite Bride albums, how do you rank it compared to "Drop" or "Fistful of Bees"?

"Drop" is one of my favorite Bride albums.  I rate "Fistful Of Bees" slightly ahead of "Oddities".
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

Bride - Oddities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride - Oddities   Bride - Oddities I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2019 7:22 pm

I really like Oddities. The music is decent but the lyrics were terrific. Love it!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Bride - Oddities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride - Oddities   Bride - Oddities I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2019 7:57 pm

Staybrite wrote:

I have always loved "Drop".  It is a bluesy alternative album.  The band said they wanted to stretch in it, and they did.  Still, it felt like a Bride disc.

"Fistfull of Bees" is awesome.  Dale raps some, sings some, and delivers some monotone vocals as well.  He had a throat problem at the time.  I thought it was a great record.  Had Dale delivered the vocals like on previous records, it would have been labeled as "Snakes Part 2".

Last edited by alldatndensum on Tue May 05, 2020 8:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Bride - Oddities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride - Oddities   Bride - Oddities I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2019 7:38 am

I like Fistfull Of Bees more than Drop.
Fistfull Of Bees has some awesome songs.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Bride - Oddities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride - Oddities   Bride - Oddities I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2019 10:48 am

Thanks for all the input guys (and gals)!

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

Bride - Oddities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride - Oddities   Bride - Oddities I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2019 8:52 am

I agree that Drop is a good album, good groove on it. FoB and oddities vie to be my least favorite Bride albums, both only have a couple songs I like.
Back to top Go down
oldschooldoom

oldschooldoom

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2010-03-30

Bride - Oddities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride - Oddities   Bride - Oddities I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2019 3:18 pm

Here is my review on the VHS tape of oddities:

87 minutes divided between a mish-mash of: MTV-ish slick videos, concert footage at various venues, interviews, practice, life on the road, goofing off, etc.

Nice clip of Troy playing piano, he is a master of the string instruments.

Back stage while touring with Audio Adrenaline. Walking on a glacier in Alaska. Playing at an outdoor venue at the Alaska Star Fair in the trademark shorts in just above freezing temps. Also clips on being in: Brazil, Maryland, Kentucky(home), Ohio, Indiana, and Canada.

The band members talk about the dangers of stage diving. They discuss why they departed the earlier 'Snakes' and 'Psychedelic Jesus' era sound. And why they change their sound from album to album.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

Bride - Oddities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride - Oddities   Bride - Oddities I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2019 3:49 pm

To me, the Pure Metal releases (Show No Mercy, Live to Die and Silence is Madness) and Snakes are the best releases from Bride. Everything else kind of falls a little short.
Back to top Go down
Pro-Zak

Pro-Zak

Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2013-08-03

Bride - Oddities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride - Oddities   Bride - Oddities I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2019 8:25 pm

Can't remember which one I liked less, this or Bees, I do like Drop though.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Bride - Oddities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride - Oddities   Bride - Oddities I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2019 9:28 am

Ok, you guys have convinced me to track down a copy of Drop. 
I tried Fist Full of Bees several years back and just could not get past the vocals.

Fundy

Bride - Oddities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride - Oddities   Bride - Oddities I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2019 4:20 pm

Drop is a good album on its own, but I don't really like it because it has the word "Bride" on the front, and it sounded so far away from the Bride I loved so much.  I still find it difficult to listen to it at all.

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
Pro-Zak

Pro-Zak

Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2013-08-03

Bride - Oddities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride - Oddities   Bride - Oddities I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2019 8:44 am

Fundy wrote:
Drop is a good album on its own, but I don't really like it because it has the word "Bride" on the front, and it sounded so far away from the Bride I loved so much.  I still find it difficult to listen to it at all.

Perhaps you should drop it...
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Bride - Oddities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride - Oddities   Bride - Oddities I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2019 9:31 am

Stupid Stupid Tongue Fight lol!

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bride - Oddities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride - Oddities   Bride - Oddities I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down