Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

tRopical Songs... on abortion

Go down 
+7
Black Rider
alldatndensum
kerrick
messiaen77
Staybrite
Normaniac
Fundy
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

tRopical Songs... on abortion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: tRopical Songs... on abortion   tRopical Songs... on abortion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2019 8:15 am

kerrick wrote:
Gosh all the wonderful pro-life stuff that's been going on has drawn a lot of ugliness from the pro-abortion crowd, especially online.  Friends in "real life" have posted stuff on FB that I find just sickening.  I guess one of the [many] drawbacks to social media is that you get a much different perspective of people.  Numerous folks who I get along with wonderfully in person I now have a completely different view of - and not a positive one.  Sigh...
Yeah, sometimes I wonder which is the real person.  I used to think the one we see in real life was the real person because people take such care to cultivate their online image, but now I'm kinda changing my mind on that.  It seems people feel less inhibited about speaking from the heart when they are speaking from the safety of their keyboards.  "It's my wall and I'll post whatever I want."  Most people use different guidelines for deciding what they will say in person.  But yeah, over the past few years I've seen a really nasty side of some people I once held in high regard, so much so that I've cut some of them out of my life.

One of the problems with dealing with complex issues on social media is that it becomes way too easy to reduce these complex issues to a simple meme.  For some reason we have decided every opinion can be fact if we just put a picture of Morgan Freeman or Willie Wonka or a cute kid with it.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3493
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: tRopical Songs... on abortion   tRopical Songs... on abortion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2019 4:48 pm

^Word.  I think you hit the nail on the head there.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: tRopical Songs... on abortion   tRopical Songs... on abortion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2019 3:42 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
kerrick wrote:
Gosh all the wonderful pro-life stuff that's been going on has drawn a lot of ugliness from the pro-abortion crowd, especially online.  Friends in "real life" have posted stuff on FB that I find just sickening.  I guess one of the [many] drawbacks to social media is that you get a much different perspective of people.  Numerous folks who I get along with wonderfully in person I now have a completely different view of - and not a positive one.  Sigh...
Yeah, sometimes I wonder which is the real person.  I used to think the one we see in real life was the real person because people take such care to cultivate their online image, but now I'm kinda changing my mind on that.  It seems people feel less inhibited about speaking from the heart when they are speaking from the safety of their keyboards.  "It's my wall and I'll post whatever I want."  Most people use different guidelines for deciding what they will say in person.  But yeah, over the past few years I've seen a really nasty side of some people I once held in high regard, so much so that I've cut some of them out of my life.

One of the problems with dealing with complex issues on social media is that it becomes way too easy to reduce these complex issues to a simple meme.  For some reason we have decided every opinion can be fact if we just put a picture of Morgan Freeman or Willie Wonka or a cute kid with it.

Or a kitten . . . don't forget the kitten.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: tRopical Songs... on abortion   tRopical Songs... on abortion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2019 3:02 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
kerrick wrote:

Especially on platforms where people can use an alias.  Seems like we see some horrible behavior from people hiding behind the anonymity of a keyboard.  It's more than a little sickening.

ChristTrekker

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2017-02-13

PostSubject: Re: tRopical Songs... on abortion   tRopical Songs... on abortion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2019 10:23 am

Skillet - Lucy

Not really addressing the issue directly in the way e.g. "See No Evil" does, but still powerful.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: tRopical Songs... on abortion   tRopical Songs... on abortion - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

tRopical Songs... on abortion
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2