Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Star Wars 9 Teaser--How is there not a thread on this yet???

Go down 
+4
alldatndensum
Through The Dark Radio
Fundy
messiaen77
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

Star Wars 9 Teaser--How is there not a thread on this yet??? Empty
PostSubject: Star Wars 9 Teaser--How is there not a thread on this yet???   Star Wars 9 Teaser--How is there not a thread on this yet??? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2019 1:48 pm

So here we go--our first look at the final chapter (for now) of the Star Wars saga.

Thoughts?  Opinions?  Outlandish theories that will pale in comparison to the outlandish ways Abrams wraps up the story?

Here are mine:

1.  I think Abrams is going to undo a lot of things Johnson did in 8.  I think we will find out something about Rey's parents and that they were somehow connected to the Skywalker line.  Given the parallelisms Abrams has used previously, I'm still not sure she isn't Ben's twin sister who was for some reason given up after her birth.  More likely than the twin thing would be just a sister.

2.  I think Rey and Kylo are breaking down the light/dark distinction of the Force and what we see at the beginning isn't a battle, it's training.  I think they will start out the film as antagonists, but will eventually come together to unite against a common foe.

3.  I think the guy Kylo slams in that forest scene is one of the Knights of Ren.  I think Abrams brings them into the story as agents of the "new" big bad (more on that later).

4.  I'm glad they seem to bringing "masked Kylo" back.  It was just dumb lose the mask.

5.  LANDO!!  Of course he has to be piloting the Falcon, after all he was the pilot at the end of ROTJ.  Looks like he's sporting his Solo outfit--surprised it still fits.

6.  I'm glad they were able to use some old footage of Leia to keep her in the story.

7.  That's clearly a big 'ol chunk of DS2 in that final scene, right?

8.  No doubt whose laugh that is at the end!  Guess the "new" big bad is actually an old big bad.  I know people are going to balk at the idea of the Emperor still being alive, but Clone Wars insinuated that the Sith had a way of maintaining their essence after death like the Jedi and Palpatine's master Darth Plagueis was working to manipulate midi-chlorians to create and sustain life.  We know that Palpatine continued Plagueis' work since he is believed to have "fathered" Anakin by manipulating them.  So it is entirely possible that Palpatine has succeeded in extending life.  Plus, we know from the Aftermath novels that Palpatine was a master manipulator and puppet master who was more or less orchestrating the downfall of the Empire and taking a remnant of the command structure into the Unknown Regions where the First Order came from.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 9 Teaser--How is there not a thread on this yet???   Star Wars 9 Teaser--How is there not a thread on this yet??? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2019 3:47 pm

It's like this...

The Force Awakens came out and I was amazed at how good it was.  For all those who thought it was just a 'clone' of A New Hope, I didn't care.  So much of that movie was great with the possibilty of some epic story arcs going on.  Finn was a really interesting character, Snoke was evil, Rey was innocent, Poe was dynamic and the whole series sounded exciting.  It became my favourite Star Wars movie of all.

Then came The Last Jedi.  I still remember the drive home from the cinema.  3 guys in the back who weren't that bothered by Star Wars, absolutely loved the movie.  Myself and my friend were lost for words.  We couldn't quite work out what was wrong, but something was wrong - something big.  It didn't feel right.  I watched it again, and began to realise how bad it was.  Turns out lots of others felt the same as us, and it destroyed The Force Awakens.

Now The Rise Of Skywalker trailer hits and I'm like...
"Well, Rey can beat everyone, so we know what's going to happen here.  She'll beat anything that comes at her.  Oh, here comes Kylo... well that's not going to work is it!"

The expectation and interest has almost disappeared for me.  I'm still going to see the movie, as Star Wars is my 'thing', but the enjoyment of the past has now gone.  I have loved all the movies, with the exception of Attack Of The Clones, which was okay apart from the terrible acting.  But The Last Jedi was bad on so many levels.  Visually it was great, but it's a bit like taking a series of wonderful rembrandts and turning them in to a silly comic, connecting the pictures up in the daftest way possible.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 9 Teaser--How is there not a thread on this yet???   Star Wars 9 Teaser--How is there not a thread on this yet??? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2019 4:20 pm

The emperor's laugh at the end of the trailer was just amazing! "No one's ever really gone"  Shocked
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23480
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 9 Teaser--How is there not a thread on this yet???   Star Wars 9 Teaser--How is there not a thread on this yet??? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2019 5:20 pm

I just hope they aren't building us up for another disappointment.  The Last Jedijust threw so much away and dismissed any buildup of Rey, Snoke, the Knights of Ren, etc.   They tossed out that Jedi had to be trained to be strong.  They forgot that Leia has never trained in the ways of the Jedi, so pulling herself into a ship from space and saving her own life would not have been strong enough to preserve her own life in a  frigid vacuum like space.  The new Empire, or whatever Ren calls it, should have crushed the Resistance in space rather than just have a slow motion chase and continually fire warning shots at them.  A lot of what they did just felt wrong and was quite dumb to be honest.

Abrams has a big job to do if he wants this story to end up being loved.  He copied so much for The Force Awakens that fans felt like they were just stirring this up for the money.  The Last Jedi made it seem that they didn't care about anything canon anymore and were willing to throw it away.  So, for this one, they need to make it where everything they've done was for a reason and that it ties into the greater Skywalker arc, thus the title.  If it doesn't deliver, then the prequels will seem like high art compared to these and will have ruined my desire to see more Star Wars stories developed.  Well, stories like Han Solo and Rogue One that tied into the original trilogy would be cool, but no more added to the overall story.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 9 Teaser--How is there not a thread on this yet???   Star Wars 9 Teaser--How is there not a thread on this yet??? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2019 5:25 pm

As for Palpatine still being alive, some of the comics and even some novels had stated that Palpatine (Darth Sidious) had the power to resurrect people and even keep them alive like he had Vader all those years.  In those stories, he was able to return to life through the use of clones and did so regularly.  

It could be that he seeks Rey (as a Skywalker) so that they could be united in the Force and be unstoppable.  It could be that Snoke was a clone and was Palpatine all along.  He may have let Kylo "kill" him easily so that he could take another body that would be more physically more of a challenge for her.  Perhaps he will appear younger so that she could fall in love with him and raise up a new Palpatine baby.

If it is really the Emperor, then she has to be a Skywalker and not just Kylo.  Johnson just threw that whole plot device out the window and near ruined this series for me.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3123
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 9 Teaser--How is there not a thread on this yet???   Star Wars 9 Teaser--How is there not a thread on this yet??? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2019 8:07 pm

Looking forward to it! And so far I have loved all of the be movies but I also enjoy the prequels that most people hate.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 9 Teaser--How is there not a thread on this yet???   Star Wars 9 Teaser--How is there not a thread on this yet??? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2019 6:23 am

MikeInFla wrote:
Looking forward to it! And so far I have loved all of the be movies but I also enjoy the prequels that most people hate.

Oh, I like the prequels.  I wish we could have seen them with Lucas' original vision of letting Jar-Jar actually be the evil Sith pulling Palpatine's strings until he killed him and then turned Anakin.  It could have been so cool!

What people didn't like about the prequels was the wooden acting of the main protagonist:  Anakin.  He shows emotion, but he is so whiny.  But, if you watch the original trilogy, you also see that in Luke especially during his training on Dagobah with Master Yoda.

The other thing about it they didn't like was all the political goings on.  However, that is what I liked about them--you truly got to watch free planets sign away their freedom for "peace & safety".  Their government was too big with too many voices crying out for whatever they wanted and the whole system was just bogged down.  When the Separatists want to break away from the Republic, they just hand all their rights to the smooth talking Palpatine who quickly tightens a noose around them for full control.

I see bits of U.S. history and current events in this.  The Separatists could be the same as the Confederates here.  They wanted their own way of life and wanted out of the Union, and the Union forced a war.  They could also be those "evil capitalists" who want to make a buck or two for themselves without a lot of government regulation.  The Senate giving away all control to their beloved Chancellor/Emperor mirrors the Patriot Act that G.W. Bush signed into law and Obama enlarged after promising to do away with it.  There is a lot of social commentary in those movies to build up to the action scenes in the finale of that trilogy between Anakin and Obi-Wan.

I sound like a Star Wars nerd who has watched these way too much!

lol! lol! lol!

Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 9 Teaser--How is there not a thread on this yet???   Star Wars 9 Teaser--How is there not a thread on this yet??? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2019 1:41 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
MikeInFla wrote:

Oh, I like the prequels.  I wish we could have seen them with Lucas' original vision of letting Jar-Jar actually be the evil Sith pulling Palpatine's strings until he killed him and then turned Anakin.  It could have been so cool!

What people didn't like about the prequels was the wooden acting of the main protagonist:  Anakin.  He shows emotion, but he is so whiny.  But, if you watch the original trilogy, you also see that in Luke especially during his training on Dagobah with Master Yoda.

The other thing about it they didn't like was all the political goings on.  However, that is what I liked about them--you truly got to watch free planets sign away their freedom for "peace & safety".  Their government was too big with too many voices crying out for whatever they wanted and the whole system was just bogged down.  When the Separatists want to break away from the Republic, they just hand all their rights to the smooth talking Palpatine who quickly tightens a noose around them for full control.

I see bits of U.S. history and current events in this.  The Separatists could be the same as the Confederates here.  They wanted their own way of life and wanted out of the Union, and the Union forced a war.  They could also be those "evil capitalists" who want to make a buck or two for themselves without a lot of government regulation.  The Senate giving away all control to their beloved Chancellor/Emperor mirrors the Patriot Act that G.W. Bush signed into law and Obama enlarged after promising to do away with it.  There is a lot of social commentary in those movies to build up to the action scenes in the finale of that trilogy between Anakin and Obi-Wan.

I sound like a Star Wars nerd who has watched these way too much!

lol! lol! lol!
I tink the people who were complaining about those elements of the prequels (outside the Anakin stuff) just wanted to watch peole fight and blow stuff up.  The political stuff HAD to be in there.  It wasn't just the story of the rise of Darth Vader, but also the rise of the Empire.  I know a lot of people were convinced it was anti-Bush political commentary, but it could be drawn from just about any major political uprising in the history of the world.  The Separatist/Republic conflict was a manufactured one with Palpatine pulling the strings.  The Galactic Senate had become a bloated bureaucracy with its own internal conflicts between the Core systems and Outer Rim systems.  It was a governing body for the whole Republic in name only.  But yeah, how quickly a perceived threat to safety and security leads people to give up their freedoms.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 9 Teaser--How is there not a thread on this yet???   Star Wars 9 Teaser--How is there not a thread on this yet??? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2019 9:16 am

Hey, don't forget the Mid Rim Systems as well!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 9 Teaser--How is there not a thread on this yet???   Star Wars 9 Teaser--How is there not a thread on this yet??? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2019 6:22 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:

They don't count.  They aren't at the extremes, so no one listens to them, anyway!

lol!

Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 9 Teaser--How is there not a thread on this yet???   Star Wars 9 Teaser--How is there not a thread on this yet??? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2019 8:10 am

alldatndensum wrote:

They don't count.  They aren't at the extremes, so no one listens to them, anyway!

lol!
Which brings us back to current politics.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 9 Teaser--How is there not a thread on this yet???   Star Wars 9 Teaser--How is there not a thread on this yet??? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2019 12:04 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

lol!
Which brings us back to current politics.

Exactly my point!

Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 9 Teaser--How is there not a thread on this yet???   Star Wars 9 Teaser--How is there not a thread on this yet??? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2019 11:25 am

Hard for me to understand the love for these polished turds but you guys enjoy.  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 9 Teaser--How is there not a thread on this yet???   Star Wars 9 Teaser--How is there not a thread on this yet??? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2019 3:36 pm

lol!

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 9 Teaser--How is there not a thread on this yet???   Star Wars 9 Teaser--How is there not a thread on this yet??? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2019 8:49 am

Black Rider wrote:
Hard for me to understand the love for these polished turds but you guys enjoy.  Very Happy

At least they aren't as overrated as Mastedon is by some . . . oops  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 9 Teaser--How is there not a thread on this yet???   Star Wars 9 Teaser--How is there not a thread on this yet??? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2019 3:19 pm

For those who don't know... here's the order of Star Wars films chronologically.

1 - The Phantom Menace
2 - Attack Of The Clones
3 - Revenge Of The Sith
4 - Solo
5 - Rogue One
6 - A New Hope
7 - Empire Strikes Back
8 - Return Of The Jedi
9 - The Force Awakens
11 - Rise Of Skywalker

There is no 10, that was all a bad dream.
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 9 Teaser--How is there not a thread on this yet???   Star Wars 9 Teaser--How is there not a thread on this yet??? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2019 4:57 pm

Fundy wrote:
For those who don't know... here's the order of Star Wars films chronologically.

1 - The Phantom Menace
2 - Attack Of The Clones
3 - Revenge Of The Sith
4 - Solo
5 - Rogue One
6 - A New Hope
7 - Empire Strikes Back
8 - Return Of The Jedi
9 - The Force Awakens
11 - Rise Of Skywalker

There is no 10, that was all a bad dream.
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad 

The wife and I are watching them all in chronological order right now.  We just finished up Revenge of the Sith last night and I was trying to decide if we should watch Solo next or Rogue One.  
I thought along the same lines as you....since Rogue One ends with Leah getting the plans for the Death Star it seems like it ends within hours of when "A New Hope" starts.

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 9 Teaser--How is there not a thread on this yet???   Star Wars 9 Teaser--How is there not a thread on this yet??? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2019 12:22 am

Quote :
I thought along the same lines as you....since Rogue One ends with Leah getting the plans for the Death Star it seems like it ends within hours of when "A New Hope" starts.

When I realized what was happening with Vader entering the ship and the good guys shooting at him, unsuccessfully, the dude who said "secure the escape pods", and the alarm sounding off in the background... I grabbed Lisa's arm and began shaking it excitedly and saying "omg! this is the beginning of New Hope!!" It all started coming together, and the white robe that Leiah was wearing is the same one she's got on moments later when she jabs the Plans into R2. 
So well done, it brought it full circle and gave me chills as if I was watching New Hope for the first time again.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 9 Teaser--How is there not a thread on this yet???   Star Wars 9 Teaser--How is there not a thread on this yet??? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2019 2:34 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Quote :

When I realized what was happening with Vader entering the ship and the good guys shooting at him, unsuccessfully, the dude who said "secure the escape pods", and the alarm sounding off in the background... I grabbed Lisa's arm and began shaking it excitedly and saying "omg! this is the beginning of New Hope!!" It all started coming together, and the white robe that Leiah was wearing is the same one she's got on moments later when she jabs the Plans into R2. 
So well done, it brought it full circle and gave me chills as if I was watching New Hope for the first time again.

Exactly!

messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 9 Teaser--How is there not a thread on this yet???   Star Wars 9 Teaser--How is there not a thread on this yet??? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2019 12:26 pm

I had a hard time with Rogue One because I kept wanting to find characters to care about and I just couldn't care about any of them.  By the end, I realized that was by design because all the main characters would be dead by the end of the movie (how Shakespearean!).  I did enjoy those links to New Hope like the ending and the cameo by the two guys at Mos Eisley that were hassling Luke.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 9 Teaser--How is there not a thread on this yet???   Star Wars 9 Teaser--How is there not a thread on this yet??? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2019 3:14 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
I had a hard time with Rogue One because I kept wanting to find characters to care about and I just couldn't care about any of them.  By the end, I realized that was by design because all the main characters would be dead by the end of the movie (how Shakespearean!).  I did enjoy those links to New Hope like the ending and the cameo by the two guys at Mos Eisley that were hassling Luke.

You mean Doctor Cornelius Evazan and Ponda Baba.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 9 Teaser--How is there not a thread on this yet???   Star Wars 9 Teaser--How is there not a thread on this yet??? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2019 11:55 am

Why yes, that is exactly who I mean.  I didn't even know they had names. So ashamed....  Wasn't Baba simply "Walrus Man" in the original Star Wars figures?
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 9 Teaser--How is there not a thread on this yet???   Star Wars 9 Teaser--How is there not a thread on this yet??? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2019 5:17 am

And what is this with Boba Fett & IG-88????

I am not aware of this project.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 9 Teaser--How is there not a thread on this yet???   Star Wars 9 Teaser--How is there not a thread on this yet??? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2019 4:55 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
And what is this with Boba Fett & IG-88????

I am not aware of this project.

That is the new live-action tv show that Disney is launching on Disney+.  They have spent $100 million on this new series as one of the main shows to launch their streaming service.  They also have several Marvel spinoffs based on Scarlet Witch, Loki, etc.  Their family friendly shows will go to Disney+, and their more adult series (like all the Marvel shows that have been on Netflicks) will go to their other streaming service Hulu that they bought when they merged with 20th Century Fox.

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 9 Teaser--How is there not a thread on this yet???   Star Wars 9 Teaser--How is there not a thread on this yet??? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2019 7:39 pm

Oh so in other words ilI' never see it lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 9 Teaser--How is there not a thread on this yet???   Star Wars 9 Teaser--How is there not a thread on this yet??? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Star Wars 9 Teaser--How is there not a thread on this yet???
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next