Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+15
mr.electric40
Fundy
Guilty/Forgiven
Jen5
rockerVu2
Dynamis
Hardkore
kerrick
alldatndensum
Xid
MikeInFla
Staybrite
Driven
messiaen77
Through The Dark Radio
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5521
Registration date : 2014-03-12

Random Ramblings - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2019 8:23 am

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23449
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2019 10:38 am

alldatndensum wrote:
This is my "twin".  We don't look as much alike as the photos I posted a few months ago seemed.  But, there are a ton of similarities down to what brand of glasses we buy, preferred choice of shoes, similar tastes in movies, similar sense of humor, even the ways we sit.  My wife thinks we look more alike than my brother and I do.

I agree with Mrs. Alldat, just based on pictures I think you look more like this guy than you do like your brother.  Also I'm a little freaked out that out of the two you are the shorter one...this guy must be a giant!

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2019 4:42 pm

Not only is the shirt color different, Chris has a hat on and the other guy doesn't.

Last edited by Black Rider on Sun May 12, 2019 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2019 5:34 pm

It's settled then   🤠
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2019 9:17 pm

That's uncanny. I'd do the test personally. I'm glad you two seem to get along.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2019 9:49 pm

I'm going to have to put up the Kijiji ad for my old car this week. I suspect selling a car, particularly mine which is in bad shape (runs fine but the body is on its way out), is even worse than buying one. I need to compile all the work done and all its flaws so I can present the car fairly, but I need to figure out how to not totally scare a potential buyer. If y'all could pray I find the right buyer, I'll be beyond thankful.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23477
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 6:22 am

Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
This is my "twin".  We don't look as much alike as the photos I posted a few months ago seemed.  But, there are a ton of similarities down to what brand of glasses we buy, preferred choice of shoes, similar tastes in movies, similar sense of humor, even the ways we sit.  My wife thinks we look more alike than my brother and I do.

I agree with Mrs. Alldat, just based on pictures I think you look more like this guy than you do like your brother.  Also I'm a little freaked out that out of the two you are the shorter one...this guy must be a giant!

With having a bad disc, I have actually lost 3/4 of an inch.  I now measure in at a a little over 6' 1".  He's got to be at least 6'6' or 6'7".  He is a big guy!  Even though he is older than me, this would definitely make me the "little" brother!   lol!

I am going to sit down tonight and order a DNA kit.  I want to know.  I've thought about all the ramifications of doing this and can only find a couple of negatives.  At the worst, we discover we have a doppleganger that is much like ourselves.  At best, we discover the truth and find out we are brothers or cousins.  Even if he should turn out to be my brother through my dad (his mom got around to put it nicely), it won't matter as I wasn't born when this happened, and my dad has been dead since 2009.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 2:48 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Today is an interesting day.

Right now, I am dealing with someone in the church who is hiding behind someone else and demanding that we sing the same song every week after we take up the offering.  What song, you ask?  Doxology.

While I have nothing against the song, I am against man-made traditions that soon cannot be changed or undone.  I think it is wrong to demand that we do the same thing every single week.  I believe that the person means well, but it doesn't take long before you have a little power struggle where this person/persons wants to run everything but doesn't want to speak out and reveal that.  Also, doing the same song every single week will quickly get tiresome and mundane to the point that the strength of the lyrics will soon be lost because it is so routine.  I don't want the spirit to be quenched just because people get tired of the same ol' same ol'.

Now now, nothing wrong with doing the Doxology after the offering . . . it's what Methodists do for the most part.  Other denominations as well.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 5:54 pm

But every single week?  There are a lot of some choruses you could use there that would keep the service fresh.  Doing the same song at the same time every week is mundane.  I never want to be in a service that is that locked into tradition.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 6:46 pm

What does your congregation want? Ultimately, you're serving them so why not put it to them. Acknowledge the strengths and weaknesses of both points of view and then let them decide. Is this hidden voice from the floor representative of the worship needs of the many or the few?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 7:08 pm

Jen5 wrote:
What does your congregation want? Ultimately, you're serving them so why not put it to them. Acknowledge the strengths and weaknesses of both points of view and then let them decide. Is this hidden voice from the floor representative of the worship needs of the many or the few?

I feel that it is the voice of one or two.

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2019 12:53 pm

That's an odd hill for those members of your church to die upon.  Nonetheless, I wouldn't be too worried about mundane/freshness, though I'm curious what their motivation is for this request.

The church we attended prior to moving to Idaho did communion every service.  They had previously done it once a month but decided that it was an important enough reminder to us of Christ's sacrifice and a sort of resetting our hearts (and also is quite worshipful/glorifying to God) that they made it be weekly.  I really applaud their decision and rationale behind it.  I use that as an example of what I believe is a healthy/correct way to approach such things.  So for your situation Chris, do you think these members are looking to bring glory and honor to God by adding this to your weekly services?  Or is there some other motivation?

Also, how is your church structured?  Is it elder-led only, is there a board, do you have church meetings where members vote, etc.?  That would play a major role in how to address this request I suppose.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2019 8:23 pm

kerrick wrote:
That's an odd hill for those members of your church to die upon.  Nonetheless, I wouldn't be too worried about mundane/freshness, though I'm curious what their motivation is for this request.

The church we attended prior to moving to Idaho did communion every service.  They had previously done it once a month but decided that it was an important enough reminder to us of Christ's sacrifice and a sort of resetting our hearts (and also is quite worshipful/glorifying to God) that they made it be weekly.  I really applaud their decision and rationale behind it.  I use that as an example of what I believe is a healthy/correct way to approach such things.  So for your situation Chris, do you think these members are looking to bring glory and honor to God by adding this to your weekly services?  Or is there some other motivation?

Also, how is your church structured?  Is it elder-led only, is there a board, do you have church meetings where members vote, etc.?  That would play a major role in how to address this request I suppose.

The church doesn't have much structure.  I have one deacon.  They look to me to lead.  Most want me to take the reins, but there are a few who either want their way or want everything done the way the previous pastor did things.  We have quarterly meetings, but that makes issues like this take forever to move to a vote.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2019 8:25 pm

Today was an emotional day.  One of the kids in my class is leaving us.  He will soon turn 22 and will no longer be able to attend.  We have had him in our room for 7 years.  Today was his last day with us....ever.  I am gonna miss this kid something fierce.

Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2019 8:15 am

alldatndensum wrote:
kerrick wrote:

The church doesn't have much structure.  I have one deacon.  They look to me to lead.  Most want me to take the reins, but there are a few who either want their way or want everything done the way the previous pastor did things.  We have quarterly meetings, but that makes issues like this take forever to move to a vote.
I grew up singing the doxology after offering every week so I guess I thought it was strange that your church didn't.  I just thought it was a Baptist thing.
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2019 9:17 am

Play it in a different format each week, rock, blues, jazz, etc.  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2019 9:31 am

Black Rider wrote:
Play it in a different format each week, rock, blues, jazz, etc.  Very Happy

lol!
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2564
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2019 12:18 pm

I came across a step counter not too long ago and used it some while at work,then I did some math. I average at least 1 mile per hour. That times 8 hours a day,5 days a week, 4 weeks a month, 12 months a year and 24 years comes to 46,080 miles. And that is not including all of the overtime I have done. For a few years I was doing 60 hours per week. Oy!
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2019 12:57 pm

What's your job?
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2564
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2019 1:19 pm

I work at a Walmart Supercenter.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16573
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2019 7:12 am

It must be strange to meet a person that could be related to you.
It's exciting what a DNA test will tell you both.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2019 9:42 am

Man, these vendors obviously don't know the proper protocol . . . they're supposed to bring doughnuts when they arrive  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2019 9:11 am

Grumpy Cat has passed.  Long live Grumpy Cat.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2019 10:51 am

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
Grumpy Cat has passed.  Long live Grumpy Cat.
Sad.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23449
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2019 11:36 am

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
Man, these vendors obviously don't know the proper protocol . . . they're supposed to bring doughnuts when they arrive  Very Happy

If they don't bring lunch or donuts I don't even bother talking to them....just walk away.  Laughing

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 35 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next