Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Barnabas remasters

Go down 
+4
messiaen77
MikeInFla
alldatndensum
Driven
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

Barnabas remasters Empty
PostSubject: Barnabas remasters   Barnabas remasters I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2017 5:42 pm

I haven't picked them up. I'd love to be able to get them off iTunes, but they aren't there and I don't know if they ever will be.

Just the samples on YouTube, though. Light years ahead of any previous edition. Clear enough that the only problems with the sound are from the recording. Everything I'd heard up until now was muddy. The guitar parts are actually clear now, the music isn't shifted down or slowed down. As clean as can be. I'm astounded.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Barnabas remasters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barnabas remasters   Barnabas remasters I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 18, 2017 7:20 am

I may have to check these out.  I will try to do a comparison of this YouTube file with what I already have.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3111
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Barnabas remasters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barnabas remasters   Barnabas remasters I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 18, 2017 2:57 pm

Sadly none of these reissues done over the past 5 years or so don't have digital files (with the exception of Bloodgood).
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

Barnabas remasters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barnabas remasters   Barnabas remasters I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2017 2:02 pm

With the huge popularity of downloads, I'm not sure why they are so hesitant to do them.  I get the whole piracy thing, but it's almost as easy for someone to rip the CD and distribute the files as it is to distribute the downloads.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

Barnabas remasters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barnabas remasters   Barnabas remasters I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2017 9:51 pm

I think people are trying out different strategies to keep control over their creations (i.e., fight piracy) and to maximize their earning from any given track. The jury's still out as to how best to accomplish these two goals so, meanwhile, bands try withholding, distributing widely, distributing from only select sources, making physical copy only, producing only singles, on and on it goes. It is, of course, a futile fight because there's a way around everything.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Barnabas remasters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barnabas remasters   Barnabas remasters I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 20, 2017 7:12 am

messiaen77 wrote:
With the huge popularity of downloads, I'm not sure why they are so hesitant to do them.  I get the whole piracy thing, but it's almost as easy for someone to rip the CD and distribute the files as it is to distribute the downloads.

I don't think there is any hesitation at all.  I believe that the major labels only sell rights for a limited reprint so as to not give up all digital rights.  Roxx and Retroactive probably don't own the full rights to these--they basically are renting the right to reissue this product until they run out of units.  The persons or company holding the main publishing rights would maintain the masters and thus all digital rights.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

Barnabas remasters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barnabas remasters   Barnabas remasters I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 06, 2018 9:53 am

alldatndensum wrote:
messiaen77 wrote:

I don't think there is any hesitation at all.  I believe that the major labels only sell rights for a limited reprint so as to not give up all digital rights.  Roxx and Retroactive probably don't own the full rights to these--they basically are renting the right to reissue this product until they run out of units.  The persons or company holding the main publishing rights would maintain the masters and thus all digital rights.

Probably true, but also why I won't be buying any of these. I'm done with CDs except in the most extreme cases. You'd think the rights holders would allow this as it would only increase the potential profits.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Barnabas remasters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barnabas remasters   Barnabas remasters I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 06, 2018 1:11 pm

Follower of Jesus wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
messiaen77 wrote:

Probably true, but also why I won't be buying any of these. I'm done with CDs except in the most extreme cases. You'd think the rights holders would allow this as it would only increase the potential profits.

This is where these deals get tricky.  If Retroactive got to sell their releases digitally, then they would have to pay more for the rights.  Since they do full remasters, that remaster is Retroactive's new "intellectual property".  So, if they could sell digitally, it would probably be for a limited time and then they'd either have to pull their downloads down or try to renegotiate from the original rights holders to buy the new masters which I doubt Retroactive would want to give up.  Digital rights also would cover streaming, and now you get into possible revenue streams that are virtually untraceable by the actual owner of the publishing rights, so how would you know if you were getting the right cut even if you made a deal for that?

I would say it is easier for Retroactive, Roxx, or whoever to lease the rights so that they can do a limited run and let it retire.  The lower runs also keep customers that are interested coming back more quickly as these titles disappear sometimes as soon as they are made.  It also helps the reissuing company to spend less on larger runs of CDs or LPs that they may have had to sit on extra inventory for longer periods.  The shorter runs help them to make a little money quicker so that they can keep bringing these releases to us.

It isn't a perfect system, but it brings old classics back to life this way because most of the parent companies with these Christian releases aren't interested in reprinting.  Shoot, many of those record companies didn't print enough really to start with.  I met Amy Wolter and her husband when I saw her play a few years ago.  They said that by the time they sold their first shipment of CDs of their 2nd album at their shows, it was already out of print.  The label had a few cases in a warehouse that should have gone to stores but didn't because the label spent hardly any money on advertising and stores wouldn't take it.  The Wolters joked and said that the album was almost out of print before they finished mixing the album!

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Barnabas remasters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barnabas remasters   Barnabas remasters I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 06, 2018 2:10 pm

Alldat wrote:
Shoot, many of those record companies didn't print enough really to start with.  I met Amy Wolter and her husband when I saw her play a few years ago.  They said that by the time they sold their first shipment of CDs of their 2nd album at their shows, it was already out of print.  The label had a few cases in a warehouse that should have gone to stores but didn't because the label spent hardly any money on advertising and stores wouldn't take it.  The Wolters joked and said that the album was almost out of print before they finished mixing the album!

Where they talking about the second Fighter album, or a second solo album by Amy Wolter?

Admin
alldatndensum

Barnabas remasters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barnabas remasters   Barnabas remasters I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 06, 2018 6:55 pm

Second Fighter album.

Back to top Go down
mr.electric40

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 676
Registration date : 2009-10-10

Barnabas remasters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barnabas remasters   Barnabas remasters I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 10, 2018 12:05 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Second Fighter album.

But when that second Fighter album was done... That style of rock was being abandoned by everyone, unfortunately....

Grab the CDs while you can... our favorite genre is dwindling in popularity fast...
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

Barnabas remasters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barnabas remasters   Barnabas remasters I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Barnabas remasters
Page 1 of 1