Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Barnabas

Go down 
+5
alldatndensum
MikeInFla
oteis
Xid
BearDad
9 posters
AuthorMessage
BearDad

Number of posts : 2102
Registration date : 2013-05-01

Barnabas Empty
PostSubject: Barnabas   Barnabas I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2015 7:13 pm

Banabas' Facebook Page wrote:
KEEP HOLDING ON...GREAT NEWS TO SHARE COME JUNE.! YES, ALL OF BARNABAS L.P'S ARE BEING REMASTERED, INTO C.D.FORMAT. THEY ALL WILL BE AVAILABLE AT THE RATE OF APPOX., 1 C.D. PER MONTH! "ALS"-IS GOING TO BE THE 1ST ONE
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5557
Registration date : 2014-03-12

Barnabas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barnabas   Barnabas I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2015 11:19 pm

Sweet!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com

Barnabas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barnabas   Barnabas I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2015 10:18 pm

a few weeks ago I picked up "Approaching Light Speed" and "Feel the Fire" on vinyl brand new and still sealed for $5 each...
Would be nice to have a cd as well...
Back to top Go down
oteis

oteis

Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2013-08-20

Barnabas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barnabas   Barnabas I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 2:54 am

Finally. Retroactive was planning on releasing these a few years ago already, but somehow it wasn't a 'real priority'. Looking forward picking these up (if i have the money).
Back to top Go down
https://ccmfocus.wordpress.com
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3130
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Barnabas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barnabas   Barnabas I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 5:30 am

From what I heard Matt doesn't have a lot of time for the label anymore and for him to break even he would have to sell a minimum of 1000 of each copy made. I guess he didn't see it as a priority.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23573
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Barnabas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barnabas   Barnabas I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 6:20 am

I don't think that Retroactive Records is really a priority anymore.  Sad.  I bought a ton of stuff through them.

As to the Barnabas releases, I will probably stick with what I already have.  I like Barnabas, but they aren't a big player for me.  I will probably skip buying them again.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16595
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Barnabas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barnabas   Barnabas I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 7:45 am

That's not good news about Retroactive Records.
I've bought lots of CDs from Matt.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23556
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Barnabas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barnabas   Barnabas I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 10:53 am

I've pretty much given up on Retroactive releasing anymore music.  I am sure Matt is probably getting tired of losing money, and other (probably more important) things are likely taking up his time.  Fortunately Roxx Records is still putting out new releases as well as reissuing some of the classics.

Number of posts : 2102
Registration date : 2013-05-01

Barnabas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barnabas   Barnabas I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 11:01 am

Staybrite wrote:
I've pretty much given up on Retroactive releasing anymore music.  I am sure Matt is probably getting tired of losing money, and other (probably more important) things are likely taking up his time.  Fortunately Roxx Records is still putting out new releases as well as reissuing some of the classics.

I would buy more from Retroactive if his prices would come down. $13 or more for a CD is, IMO, too much when you consider shipping. He's got some stuff I'd like to hear, but at his prices they aren't high enough on my priority list. But if he is losing money then he can't drop the prices. Perhaps he should unload his inventory and make the remasters available for digital download.
Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Barnabas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barnabas   Barnabas I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 8:33 pm

I am definitely looking forward to "Approaching Light Speed" in that the mastering to the M8 version left somewhat desired.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
oteis

oteis

Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2013-08-20

Barnabas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barnabas   Barnabas I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 4:12 am

Staybrite wrote:
As far as i know he is still releasing music, but not always on the Retroactive label. Recently Born Twice Records re-issued Sonlight (pre-Koinonia and Andrae Crouch backing band), Daniel Amos - Doppelgänger, Andrae Crouch - Just Andrae. And with Retroactive Records both Sacrament albums.
Back to top Go down
https://ccmfocus.wordpress.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23556
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Barnabas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barnabas   Barnabas I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 10:38 am

oteis wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
As far as i know he is still releasing music, but not always on the Retroactive label. Recently Born Twice Records re-issued Sonlight (pre-Koinonia and Andrae Crouch backing band), Daniel Amos - Doppelgänger, Andrae Crouch - Just Andrae. And with Retroactive Records both Sacrament albums.

I had forgotten about the Born Twice label, thanks for the reminder.

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

Barnabas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barnabas   Barnabas I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 5:17 pm

Great news! I had heard about this from an unspecified source, but I am so glad this is forthcoming. Barnabas had truly great music.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3130
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Barnabas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barnabas   Barnabas I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 5:36 pm

BearDad wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

I would buy more from Retroactive if his prices would come down. $13 or more for a CD is, IMO, too much when you consider shipping. He's got some stuff I'd like to hear, but at his prices they aren't high enough on my priority list. But if he is losing money then he can't drop the prices. Perhaps he should unload his inventory and make the remasters available for digital download.
The stuff he sells on eBay is actually cheaper than it is on his website and that includes cheap shipping:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SAINT-WARRIORS-OF-THE-SON-30th-Anniv-Ed-2014-CD-Retroactive-Christian-Metal-/231346572577?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35dd548d21

or

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SAINT-WARRIORS-OF-THE-SON-The-Originals-Disc-One-NEW-CD-Christian-Metal-/251285856016?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a81cddf10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Barnabas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barnabas   Barnabas I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Barnabas
Page 1 of 1