Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+17
crucifyd
Samson
kerrick
Hardkore
Jen5
Oldiesmann
MikeInFla
ishmael81
Fundy
Guilty/Forgiven
Xid
alldatndensum
rockerVu2
messiaen77
Driven
Through The Dark Radio
Staybrite
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Random Ramblings - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitime8/10/2018, 5:23 am

I am very tired this week.  Beginning to announce my resignation at church (emotional drain) and having to take some extra de-escalation/restraint techniques class three days after work for the school system makes for a very tired and sluggish alldat.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitime8/10/2018, 7:37 am

I'm really enjoying the new Thrawn book.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitime8/10/2018, 12:00 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
I can't wait to start reading.  I'm in the middle of Life Debt (the second Aftermath) book now.  I should probably finish the Aftermath series so I don't get all confused.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16575
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitime8/10/2018, 12:03 pm

Hope that the weekend is giving you some rest Chris.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitime8/10/2018, 2:33 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
Through The Dark Radio wrote:
I can't wait to start reading.  I'm in the middle of Life Debt (the second Aftermath) book now.  I should probably finish the Aftermath series so I don't get all confused.
All three Aftermath books are really good. Quite a few twists and turns.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitime8/10/2018, 10:11 pm

Today was a great day at work.  We shall refer to it as Free Food Friday.  The day started with free breakfast from Chick-fil-A and later free snacks and drinks from some club or parent group.  Free food is a great way to make a teacher or teacher's aide happy!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitime8/11/2018, 6:01 am

Levi and Thijs staying one night with us.
Levi is here since this morning.
It's so fun to have these two little men around.

Tomorrow We're going with Thijs and his parents to the Zoo and then we're going to a Mexican restaurant.
It will be a wonderful Sunday.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5525
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitime8/11/2018, 9:30 am

Sounds great!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23462
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitime8/11/2018, 9:37 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Today was a great day at work.  We shall refer to it as Free Food Friday.  The day started with free breakfast from Chick-fil-A and later free snacks and drinks from some club or parent group.  Free food is a great way to make a teacher or teacher's aide happy!
Free food is always great (especially Chick-fil-A!

rockerVu2 wrote:
Levi and Thijs staying one night with us.
Levi is here since this morning.
It's so fun to have these two little men around.

Tomorrow We're going with Thijs and his parents to the Zoo and then we're going to a Mexican restaurant.
It will be a wonderful Sunday.
Oh wow that sounds like a lot of fun.  Have a great time.

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitime8/11/2018, 9:38 am

Tomorrow is my daughter's wedding so today we have the rehearsal dinner.  Quite frankly I will be glad when this is over...I feel like an ATM machine that is broken and just bleeding out money.

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitime8/11/2018, 9:53 am

If you're bleeding money, can you bleed on me a little?
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitime8/11/2018, 1:12 pm

Awesome news, Staybrite. I hope it all goes well. Isn't the rehearsal dinner also called the grooms dinner, i.e., isn't it something to stanch the bleeding of money because the grooms family pays?

Had to look up Chick-fil-a. I'm sorry guys, but there is no way that I will believe their marketing ploy that theirs is the home of the "original chicken sandwich." I'm pretty sure the chicken sandwich existed before 1964.   Smile
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitime8/11/2018, 1:31 pm

According to science.howstuffworks.com:

• The chicken sandwich: In 1946, Atlanta restaurant owner Truett Cathy created an alternative to the hamburger when he placed a piece of boneless grilled chicken inside a bun and dubbed it the "Chick-fil-A." Now more than 70 years and 1,500 restaurants later, Chick-fil-A's slogan is, "We didn't invent the chicken. Just the chicken sandwich."

Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitime8/11/2018, 10:41 pm

Poppy-cock! Years before 1946, fried chicken sandwiches were a popular treat in African American cookeries. The Chick-fil-A dude is rewriting the history of the sandwich!  lol
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitime8/11/2018, 11:17 pm

There is no sanctuary...
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitime8/12/2018, 2:25 am

lol
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitime8/12/2018, 6:13 am

Jen5 wrote:
Poppy-cock! Years before 1946, fried chicken sandwiches were a popular treat in African American cookeries. The Chick-fil-A dude is rewriting the history of the sandwich!  lol

This may not have been well known, though.  The Civil Rights movement would not have happened yet, and most white folks would not have gone into an establishment that served blacks.  A fried chicken sandwich COULD have existed in some of those places but would not have been well known about.  If any of those places did not become chains, that history would have been lost.

Also, except in major cities, there were not tons of restaurants around.  Americans didn't eat out like we do now.  So, you could have a lot of things created before then that were just not documented and forgotten when some little "mom & pop" place closed its doors in some little town.

Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitime8/12/2018, 1:35 pm

True. I guess my feathers are fluffed about it because here we are in the 21st century and they're still marketing it as a world first. It's total nonsense.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitime8/12/2018, 8:27 pm

Today was an emotional day.  Our church voted in a new pastor while the youth pastor (me) announced his resignation.

Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitime8/13/2018, 6:18 am

What do you know, more rain  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitime8/13/2018, 11:59 am

Jen5 wrote:
How did it go messiaen? Did the tape hold?
Yep, I was able to use the wireless from our modem (that has a range of about 5 feet) and an old router to extend that to about 15 feet until our new fancy schmancy router got here on Saturday.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitime8/13/2018, 12:59 pm

Gary, I hope the rehearsal dinner went well.
And that her wedding day will be a wonderful day for her and her family.

It was fun that Levi and Thijs were here, only sleeping didn't go very well this time.
I've been more up in the night sitting with Thijs who didn't want to sleep.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitime8/13/2018, 2:06 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
Gary, I hope the rehearsal dinner went well.
And that her wedding day will be a wonderful day for her and her family.

It was fun that Levi and Thijs were here, only sleeping didn't go very well this time.
I've been more up in the night sitting with Thijs who didn't want to sleep.
The wedding went really well (thank you).

Sorry to hear you had to stay up late with Thijs.  Grand kids are great, but not so fun when they won't sleep.

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitime8/13/2018, 2:20 pm

Glad to hear that the wedding went well.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitime8/13/2018, 2:37 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
Jen5 wrote:
How did it go messiaen? Did the tape hold?
Yep, I was able to use the wireless from our modem (that has a range of about 5 feet) and an old router to extend that to about 15 feet until our new fancy schmancy router got here on Saturday.
Well aren't you just a regular MacGyver!    Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 36 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next