Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+17
crucifyd
Samson
kerrick
Hardkore
Jen5
Oldiesmann
MikeInFla
ishmael81
Fundy
Guilty/Forgiven
Xid
alldatndensum
rockerVu2
messiaen77
Driven
Through The Dark Radio
Staybrite
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5525
Registration date : 2014-03-12

Random Ramblings - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2018 8:29 pm

Glad you had a great time!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16575
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2018 6:10 am

Quote :
I made a carrot cake

I love carrot cake.
It's one of the favorite birthday cakes from my son.

I've made homemade peach icetea and lemon icecream.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2018 6:16 am

rockerVu2 wrote:
Quote :
I made a carrot cake

I love carrot cake.
It's one of the favorite birthday cakes from my son.
Ha! Mine too.   Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23462
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2018 11:53 am

I'm a big fan of carrot cake too.

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2018 2:53 pm

Another favourite of mine is chocolate cake made with beetroot. Best chocolate cake EV-er
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2018 4:42 pm

Jen5 wrote:
Another favourite of mine is chocolate cake made with beetroot. Best chocolate cake EV-er

I have never heard of anyone using beetroot in a chocolate cake.  Is that the actual root of beets, or is that a plant we just don't have in Tennessee?

While we have some of the same things but call them different things, when I hear of something totally unique it peaks my interest!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2018 5:43 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Jen5 wrote:

I have never heard of anyone using beetroot in a chocolate cake.  Is that the actual root of beets, or is that a plant we just don't have in Tennessee?

While we have some of the same things but call them different things, when I hear of something totally unique it peaks my interest!

Yup, I'm talking about the root of beets...hence beetroot...as opposed to the greens (which are also yum, but not in cake. Bleh). It'a replacement for some of the oil. Gives the cake a lovely rich brown colour and makes it less oily and very very moist.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2018 9:47 pm

I have eaten beet greens before.  They are an acquired taste kind of like turnip greens or poke sallet.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2018 3:38 am

A bit of nutmeg, salt, and vinegar and beet greens are lovely, imo, but they're definitely not everyone's cup of tea. I never really understood why people eat poke sallet though. Hey, let's eat us some o' this poisonous plant for dinner tonight.    No
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2018 7:44 am

Kinda disappointed that The Choir cancelled one of their tour stops nearby.  Such is life.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2018 9:05 pm

Did ya'all know there was a CHRISTIAN HEAVY METAL WIKIPEDIA ??  I thought that was pretty cool. It has a lot of good info on a LOT of bands.

Christian Metal Wiki

http://christian-metal.wikia.com/wiki/Christian_Metal_Wiki
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2018 8:00 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Did ya'all know there was a CHRISTIAN HEAVY METAL WIKIPEDIA ??  I thought that was pretty cool. It has a lot of good info on a LOT of bands.

Christian Metal Wiki

http://christian-metal.wikia.com/wiki/Christian_Metal_Wiki
Seems like a Firestream Vault knock-off.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2018 2:02 am

Yum yum Easter chocolate...the gift that keeps on giving

....well...until it doesn't, that is.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2018 6:25 am

Busy week!  I've got to go for some specialized training this week for school.  I will be working all day and then going to our new school board facility for training for 2 1/2 for the next three nights.  I am not used to that long of a day anymore.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16575
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2018 7:37 am

Hope it all goes well now you have a busy week.
The good thing is, it's only for 5 days.

What kind of special training have you to do this week?
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2018 8:36 am

Sometimes you just have to shake your head.  Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1455
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2018 1:38 pm

I voted in today's special elections.  I held my nose, but I got er done.  Razz
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2018 6:36 pm

On the eve of my kids' first day of school for their new online school our household had a total internet meltdown.  Hopefully the virtual duct tape and hot glue I used will get us to the weekend.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2018 9:49 am

Ah the joys of modern living  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2018 2:16 pm

How did it go messiaen? Did the tape hold?
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2018 2:44 pm

Really hate the numbness that comes from getting dental work done.  Mad
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2018 3:49 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
Really hate the numbness that comes from getting dental work done.  Mad
Ooo sounds yuk. I suppose it's better than the alternative though. 

I remember when I had a tooth pulled as a kid, the dentist said I should have "fluids only" for a while. Things like water, cool broth, milkshakes, etc My Mum asked me what I'd like and I said "a shake..." only I couldn't say the word. It came out as fake...as in "a fake please." I tried repeatedly to say the word and simply couldn't get my lips to work. We laughed so hard. Despite the pain of it all, that's the thing I remember most...having a good ol giggle-fest with my Mum.

Hope you're feeling better soon TTDR.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2018 4:51 pm

Trying to whistle is funny, too!
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2018 5:03 pm

Xid wrote:
Trying to whistle is funny, too!
Ha ha. That makes me think of another Mum story. Many years ago now, we had a good-natured evening of roasting at our church. My Mum, who had the misfortune of "accidentally" running over a possum while transporting a carload of kids to camp, was one of the poor souls to be brought to the organiser's attention. It was suggested that this event was no accident and had intent written all over it (apparently she had a secret loathing of furry creatures -- lol -- or so said the judge). As punishment for her crimes, she was seated at the front on a stool (she's very short so her feet didn't even come close to the ground -- first indignity) and told to put on a rather large dunce cap. Then she was offered a few crackers and told to whistle Twinkle. It was SO funny. Crackers everywhere! Oh the indignity of it all.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2018 5:21 pm

LOL - That's funny!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 35 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next