Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+17
crucifyd
Samson
kerrick
Hardkore
Jen5
Oldiesmann
MikeInFla
ishmael81
Fundy
Guilty/Forgiven
Xid
alldatndensum
rockerVu2
messiaen77
Driven
Through The Dark Radio
Staybrite
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

Random Ramblings - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2018 8:21 pm

Went down to the States today. It is truly a different country from Canada, despite seeming so similar from afar. There were Christian books and movies in the Walmart just across the border. You were never find that in Québec, maybe even the rest of Canada.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2018 9:03 pm

There's lots to love on both sides of the border, but I think they are very different (even from afar). I mean, of course, they have lots of similarities, but culturally, from where I sit, they're miles apart.

Speaking of difference, they still have bible in schools here. I heard they don't do that in Canada or in the States any more. Is that right?

Here, all kids start the day with a Maori karakia (a prayer) and many of the public schools have an hour of bible study every week. Apparently, it's an optional part of the curriculum, so, for instance, an atheist can get a note from home allowing them to spend the time in the library. A school's board can also vote to not offer focused bible study. In the schools I've been at, they never opted out.

Another difference between Canada and the US is food. Years ago I was in Seattle. I then drove up to Vancouver. En route, I stopped for a meal. I asked the waitress for vinegar. She looked at me funny and asked, "er, what do you need vinegar for?" I said, "the chips of course." She was totally grossed out. It was hilarious. She'd never heard of vinegar and chips.

Fast forward several days and I was in a restaurant in Canada. Every table had a pot of vinegar. So just 40 miles away and south of the border, the wait staff had no idea what vinegar was for. Weird.

...and then, of course, there was the comment "Chips? What chips?.....OHhh, you mean the fries! Chips come in a bag, sweetie."

Sweetie?????   Suspect
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2018 9:09 pm

I went to a "Catholic" high school, which involved a prayer every morning, mass on holidays, and a couple of pastoral activities for those interested. There were crucifixes above the doors in most rooms. There was a religion class in middle school, but I don't remember there being anything in high school that way.

It's also confusing to go from Québec because in the States, people speak English, not French. (Duh!) While I'm perfectly bilingual, I have to remember what the default language is when addressing people. It's the same in Ontario or anywhere else. I can't say "'scuse" (sorry) if I run into someone, I have to say it in English. Sounds like it should be simple, but it's a hard habit to change on the fly for me.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2018 9:35 pm

Oh totally. And what's more, you end up mixing the languages so you'll be speaking English and without even thinking about it you'll insert a French word and people are looking at you going "ehhhh???"

I had that problem after spending several months in Quebec. It's Franglais. lol
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2018 6:18 am

Last night I saw an armadillo just walking down the street in front of a local church here in my hometown.  I knew that they had migrated here from Texas, but I never expected to see them especially in town.  I thought possums were nasty looking.  Armadillos are even nastier looking.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2018 6:35 am

Nooo, an armadillo is beautiful, Chris. I held one once. It was lovely. Hard, but not overly so. The belly was surprisingly soft (well, smooth) Smile
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2018 7:10 am

An actual fully-dimensional armadillo???  Shocked

What a rarity!!
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2018 4:11 pm

Yeah, it was pretty cool. I've had the pleasure of holding all sorts of creatures. The most scary was a tiger cub (Ow!) but that was a managed experience so I was never alone with it. I also had a run in with a giant red kangaroo. That was scary cause I was walking on my own and there was no one else around. The cheeky thing boxed me. lol It hopped straight up to me and blocked my path. The thing was taller than me by a head. Then it leaned back on its tail, rocked forward and boxed my shoulder with its wee paw. Turned around and hopped away. So cute. Shortly after that experience, I was chased by a mad Australian goose who bit my leg. He drew blood and left a scar. Nasty hateful creature.

In Canada some squirrels climbed my leg like a tree. That was weird. I was eating chocolate covered almonds (yum). I guess the temptation was greater than their fear. Then, in the mountains outside of Vancouver, some whiskey jacks (a type of bird) decided to use me as a perch. I ate my lunch with one on my head and another on my knee. I think they must be used to people feeding them but they were forest birds so it was a weird and unexpected thing.

I've also had the pleasure of holding a koala at a game park. The koala had claws that were long and hard and they dug into my shoulder, but it had impossibly soft fur. Softest thing I've ever felt.

Love creatures
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5525
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2018 4:55 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
bassdude

bassdude

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2018 6:39 pm

Jen5 wrote:
Nooo, an armadillo is beautiful, Chris. I held one once. It was lovely. Hard, but not overly so. The belly was surprisingly soft (well, smooth)  Smile
I hope you thoroughly washed your hands....armadillos are carriers of the bacteria that causes leprosy.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2018 7:21 pm

"He's so FLuffy!!" Yup that's totally me. lol

Leprosy? Seriously?? That's new. Shocked

It was four years ago and no signs that I'm going to be dropping fingers anytime soon. The Lord is my protector in all things armadillo I guess. Smile
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2018 8:30 pm

bassdude wrote:
Jen5 wrote:
Nooo, an armadillo is beautiful, Chris. I held one once. It was lovely. Hard, but not overly so. The belly was surprisingly soft (well, smooth)  Smile
I hope you thoroughly washed your hands....armadillos are carriers of the bacteria that causes leprosy.

They can carry the bacteria for leprosy.  They are also known carriers of rabies, salmonella, and tapeworms.  All of these can be transmitted to humans.

They are freaky looking and just nasty as they are scavengers.  They will eat anything dead just like a possum.  Add the disease carrying and you see why I don't really want them around.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2018 9:14 pm

I've seen an armadillo in Texas. They reminded me of my parents' cat, same colour, demeanour, and physique.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2018 9:24 pm

alldatndensum wrote:

They are ...scavengers.  They will eat anything dead just like a possum.  Add the disease carrying and you see why I don't really want them around.

Hey, you just described a dog. Wink
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2018 6:27 am

Jen5 wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

They are ...scavengers.  They will eat anything dead just like a possum.  Add the disease carrying and you see why I don't really want them around.

Hey, you just described a dog.    Wink

I don't really want them around either!!!  Cat people UNITE!!!!  lol! 

I offended a "Transgendered person" Monday night.  We are both involved in a play that I just began rehearsals for that will open in June.  The trannie was dressed like a girl and sounded like a girl.  She even had hair and makeup like a girl.  I am old school enough to know that if you have all that and have breasts as well that you are most likely a girl.  So, while discussing the music, I referred to her as, God forbid, a GIRL.

This upset this young teen immensely.  Well, unless you are wearing a big sign that says "I identify as a boy", how in the world is one supposed to know?  Besides, I am approaching the half century mark where you gender was settled by the fact that boys have a penis and girls have a vagina.  So, I will not refer to a trannie by their desired genitalia.  I will do my best to refer to the girl as either her name or "you".  I will not be responsible for feeding their confusion.  I don't believe in transgenderism.  I feel that this is just something that society is ramming down the throats of young people in their attempt to make homosexuality okay with the masses.  I cannot accept this as it wasn't what I was taught by my teachers, parents, grandparents, and church, too.  Everything in my moral fiber says to try to live in peace but not to accept this as normal.

Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2018 7:03 am

Chris, it wasn't you. If the teen was upset that's probably an indication that he isn't quite comfortable where he is at and has some thinking about his identity to do. Every trans-gendered person I have known (sample of three here) has identified with a sex that, physiologically, was not their sex. I always thought that THAT was what made a person trans-gendered (i.e., a boy who identifies as a girl or a girl who identifies as a boy). Perhaps he's a cross-dresser, not trans?????

It was certainly not a nice position for you to be put in.

As for cats? Sorry dude. They're much of a muchness with regards the germs (only with them you can add toxoplasmosis). My feeling on the matter...don't worry about it. Just wash your hands and never kiss an animal on the lips. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2018 10:34 am

Gypsies, tramps and thieves!
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5525
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2018 2:19 pm

Transgender:  Noun, adjective, verb, preposition, adverb, onomatopoeia;  Easily offended person, usually semi-human in nature, who gets upset with others that won't accept them as they are even though they themselves refuse to accept themselves as they are.  See also:  Mentally Ill Hypocrite.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2018 2:43 pm

affraid geek Wink

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23462
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2018 5:52 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:

Did you hear that from the people of the town?

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2018 10:57 am

Staybrite wrote:
Through The Dark Radio wrote:

Did you hear that from the people of the town?

Actually, Cher told me  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23462
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2018 2:19 pm

So two different children with two different men (over 2-1/2 years) and my daughter has finally decided she is going to get married (at least it is to her second baby daddy.....that she has lived with for more than two years).
Now I have to help pay for a wedding.

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16573
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2018 2:59 pm

Love it so much when my grandson, (22 months) old tells his mom that she had to call oma.
He's on vacation in south Asia.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2018 10:05 pm

Jen5 wrote:
Chris, it wasn't you. If the teen was upset that's probably an indication that he isn't quite comfortable where he is at and has some thinking about his identity to do. Every trans-gendered person I have known (sample of three here) has identified with a sex that, physiologically, was not their sex. I always thought that THAT was what made a person trans-gendered (i.e., a boy who identifies as a girl or a girl who identifies as a boy). Perhaps he's a cross-dresser, not trans?????

It was certainly not a nice position for you to be put in.

As for cats? Sorry dude. They're much of a muchness with regards the germs (only with them you can add toxoplasmosis). My feeling on the matter...don't worry about it. Just wash your hands and never kiss an animal on the lips.   Very Happy

This is definitely a girl who thinks she is a boy.  She still dresses like a girl because her mom makes her.  The girl introduces herself as a boy and has shortened her name from Maxine to Max.

Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2018 6:20 am

Oh well. Young teenage girl? You're navigating a hormonal minefield mate!! May the force be with you because rationality certainly won't be. ;-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 24 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 24 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next