Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cancelling my eMusic account

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Cancelling my eMusic account Empty
PostSubject: Cancelling my eMusic account   Cancelling my eMusic account I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 9:30 am

I have been a member there since 2013 and have purchased multiple albums through the years.  Some I listen to a lot and others not so much.  That happens even with CDs, but it didn't hurt as bad when the MP3s were discounted.

Since eMusic was sold, I have had increasing trouble finding something to spend my credits on.  I did have a plan where my money just continued to accrue, but that has since changed since the sale.  My credits expire.  I am sitting on $34 that I cannot use and I will lose half of that on Oct. 17....right in time to be charged that amount again.  Not anymore!  I have lost quite a few dollars that way since eMusic was bought by the new company and given a facelift.

So, I am requesting a full refund (if I can get it) and termination of my account.  I don't need it anymore if I can't find music there.  It is time just to stick with Amazon and make sure that I am buying music that I truly want if I am going to spend my hard earned money on it.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Cancelling my eMusic account   Cancelling my eMusic account I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 2:10 pm

Hopefully you'll get your full refund.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Cancelling my eMusic account   Cancelling my eMusic account I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 3:10 pm

I've had my account there nearly as long as you, but I have never been able to accrue my credit (I have a lesser amount plan).  The only amount they will "roll-over" is the amount too low to purchase a single track (48 cents).  For some reason I still have more than 30 albums worth of stuff I want from them. 
I just wish they would quit loosing content every time they go through ownership changes or revamp the website.

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Cancelling my eMusic account   Cancelling my eMusic account I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 03, 2017 6:12 am

For me it's some years ago I stopped to buy music by eMusic.
I've had problems to get the music I've paid for.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Cancelling my eMusic account   Cancelling my eMusic account I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 03, 2017 7:58 am

Staybrite wrote:
I've had my account there nearly as long as you, but I have never been able to accrue my credit (I have a lesser amount plan).  The only amount they will "roll-over" is the amount too low to purchase a single track (48 cents).  For some reason I still have more than 30 albums worth of stuff I want from them. 
I just wish they would quit loosing content every time they go through ownership changes or revamp the website.

I only had a rollover account because I accused them of stealing openly.  This was with the previous owners.  I laid out several reasons why I believed their method of selling credits and just absorbing that money was unethical.  They relented and allowed me to accrue each month.

With the new owners, they are not connected with CD Baby anymore.  There are a lot of albums they just don't or won't have due to that.  I've been searching for stuff, but I just cannot find anything.  Just randomly looking through their list of music nowadays is like seeking a needle in a haystack.  So, let's see what they say when they respond.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Cancelling my eMusic account   Cancelling my eMusic account I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 03, 2017 7:12 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

I only had a rollover account because I accused them of stealing openly.  This was with the previous owners.  I laid out several reasons why I believed their method of selling credits and just absorbing that money was unethical.  They relented and allowed me to accrue each month.

With the new owners, they are not connected with CD Baby anymore.  There are a lot of albums they just don't or won't have due to that.  I've been searching for stuff, but I just cannot find anything.  Just randomly looking through their list of music nowadays is like seeking a needle in a haystack.  So, let's see what they say when they respond.

It is difficult to search for stuff there.  I have had more luck actually searching by record label.  Check out Frontiers and see if there is anything on that label you could at least use up most of your remaining credit.  The have mostly newer recordings, but about 1/3 of those are new albums from older 80's melodic rock/metal bands.  The last few Stryper albums have been with Frontiers.

https://www.emusic.com/label/529188/Frontiers-Music-srl

https://www.emusic.com/label/3851/Frontiers-Records

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Cancelling my eMusic account   Cancelling my eMusic account I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 04, 2017 12:18 pm

I haven't looked there forever.  I used to go there quite a bit for some hard to find releases, but then those started being easier to find and I just quit going there.  I didn't even realize they were still in business.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cancelling my eMusic account   Cancelling my eMusic account I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cancelling my eMusic account
Page 1 of 1