Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Any eMusic users?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23467
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Any eMusic users? Empty
PostSubject: Any eMusic users?   Any eMusic users? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 11:01 pm

Did you know that if you have a credit balance at the end of your 30 subscription that they TAKE this money and reset it to the amount you pay for the new month?  If you have several dollars left, then that money just is robbed from your account and kept by them.  For what?  A big fat nothing for you and a big fat wallet for them.

I had $5 left over from last month.  The dirty lowdown dogs just took it and kept it!  After I found it missing, I then found in their terms of service that they openly admit to this practice.  They are thieves no matter how you slice it!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Any eMusic users? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any eMusic users?   Any eMusic users? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 11:08 pm

I don't use eMusic.  They pay the artists less, too.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Any eMusic users? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any eMusic users?   Any eMusic users? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 12:12 am

i never left anything more than about 30 cents in my account

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23467
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Any eMusic users? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any eMusic users?   Any eMusic users? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 9:25 am

Xid wrote:

True, but the artists and labels know this when they license the music for use there.  The artist only gets a percentage from the label or directly from eMusic if they have licenced the music themselves.  You don't HAVE to sell your music there.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Any eMusic users? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any eMusic users?   Any eMusic users? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 1:37 pm

Maybe I've to try this again.
Downloading music and pay for it and don't get the songs wasn't nice.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Any eMusic users? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any eMusic users?   Any eMusic users? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 4:11 pm

Do many artists actually make any money off of music sales anymore anyway?  I thought most bands (assuming they have a large enough following) make more money touring.

Number of posts : 480
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Any eMusic users? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any eMusic users?   Any eMusic users? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 4:52 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Do many artists actually make any money off of music sales anymore anyway?  I thought most bands (assuming they have a large enough following) make more money touring.
Even mainstream bands have to sell stuff like tshirts to make any money. Usually any money made from ticket sales goes back into touring expenses
Back to top Go down

Any eMusic users? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any eMusic users?   Any eMusic users? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 5:01 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Xid wrote:
True, but the artists and labels know this when they license the music for use there.  The artist only gets a percentage from the label or directly from eMusic if they have licenced the music themselves.  You don't HAVE to sell your music there.
I wouldn't sell there nor do I buy there.  Win, win.  The artists are already getting shortchanged enough no sense in helping that along.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Any eMusic users? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any eMusic users?   Any eMusic users? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any eMusic users?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: