Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My facebook account

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

My facebook account Empty
PostSubject: My facebook account   My facebook account I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 1:11 pm

Hey, folks! Just stopped by to let yall know I'm deleting my facebook account. My first ex-wife has set herself up so that she can access my activity stream at any time, and I, after being free of her for over 14 years, don't want any contact with her at all, so after Dec 23, no more facebook account. I will keep my MySpace page (www.myspace.com/gtr41), and email (jdgallion@gmail.com), and will continue to be a regular presence here. Cyberspace is a good thing, and I enjoy it, but sometimes the best option is avoidance when faced with a potentially explosive situation. Thanks for your time everybody, and may God bless you every one!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: My facebook account   My facebook account I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 1:49 pm

Oh man, sorry to hear that.
That just means you have to post here more often.
My facebook account Icon_twisted

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: My facebook account   My facebook account I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 5:38 pm

Joe, you can post here as much as you want. We don't mind.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My facebook account   My facebook account I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 7:59 pm

Thanks. That's what I love about CHM-real family feeling. I have good news though. One of my facebook friends found out she was spying thru his account, and he deleted her, so I get to keep my account (for a while at least). Sorry about the drama, I really hate it when privacy is compromised, and tend to overreact. I WILL, however be spending more time here than facebook simply because this is more the social interaction format I prefer. Facebook is way too public for me. Thanks again,folks!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: My facebook account   My facebook account I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 9:43 am

At least with CHM, there is always something in common with the other people--our love for the Lord and for music that lifts up His name. That's what brought us here & keeps us here.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874

PostSubject: Re: My facebook account   My facebook account I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 9:53 am

joe61 wrote:
Facebook is way too public for me.
Go to Settings and then Privacy and you can set pretty much everything to where only your friends can see it. They recently changed things and by default everything was set to "Everyone"!

Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: My facebook account   My facebook account I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 4:57 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
joe61 wrote:
Facebook is way too public for me.
Go to Settings and then Privacy and you can set pretty much everything to where only your friends can see it. They recently changed things and by default everything was set to "Everyone"!

My wife just had me fix all that stuff on my account (well actually she did it for me).

PostSubject: Re: My facebook account   My facebook account I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 7:41 pm

Yeah, I set everything to 'private' so supposedly only folks on my friends list can access my profile. Problem is this: if one of my friends has a friend that I don't, that friend can access my profile thru his(or hers).
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874

PostSubject: Re: My facebook account   My facebook account I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 10:59 pm

It's not supposed to work that way at least. Choices include "Friends" and "Friends of Friends", which is what you're saying. You need to set all the options to the former one instead so only actual friends can see.

PostSubject: Re: My facebook account   My facebook account I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 7:00 pm

Got 'er did!
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: My facebook account   My facebook account I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 9:56 am

Hope this helps joe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My facebook account   My facebook account I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My facebook account
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: