Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+15
Guilty/Forgiven
messiaen77
BearDad
rockerVu2
xenonlion
Oldiesmann
Driven
Hardkore
Xid
kerrick
Through The Dark Radio
Staybrite
ishmael81
MikeInFla
alldatndensum
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23421
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Random Ramblings - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:21 am

ishmael81 wrote:
Xid wrote:
My wife's car is a push button start.  It is weird.

Depending on what I do/say, my wife's anger is a push-button start. Hey-o!
lol!  Someone will be sleeping on the couch tonight!

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2016 8:47 am

Speaking of keys my wife's car has the "switchblade" key. My Ranger has an old style key. My stereo, while not factory, is a CD player AM/FM with a cord to hook up my iPod or phone. Hers has a big touch screen with backup camera, Bluetooth and just about anything you could imagine. I went into Best Buy the other day to look at CDs. They have less music than Walmart. So in decided to look at DVDs and Blu-ray discs. Also a crap selection. Just got a Blu-ray player and now there aren't any (although I did just buy some Monster classics cheap on Blu-ray). So I decided to look at car stereos. Seems the one I have is now antiquated. Most of the ones they sell are the touchscreens and they aren't that expensive. But it was on this trip I realized the times have finally passed me by. I am the kind of guy who can look at CDs and records for hours on end. I was done in 5 minutes at Best Buy in every area I looked at. While I feel technologically competent I am slowly getting left behind. Best Buy seems content on pushing cell phones and appliances now. Since Best Buy was across from the mall I went there too. So many stores are gone. FYe is still there but the prices are way too high. I was done in there after about 20 minutes. Boy do I miss the malls of the 80's.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23467
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2016 7:31 am

We went to a local Target yesterday and they had completely removed any CDs from the store.  Movies had been wiped out except for new release Blu-Ray and bargain bin DVDs or Blu-Ray.  I guess we will be forced into technology that we don't really want.....again.  I get that DVD and Blu-Ray was a step up from VHS as CDs were to cassettes.  I get that these technologies have been around for a long time now.  I just don't want streaming everything now.  I prefer to actually OWN something, not just a digital file that many times costs more than the physical product.  I am old.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2016 7:31 am

You ever go through times where reading just bores you to death and then all of a sudden you can't get enough to read?  Well, that is me right now.  I am flying through some reading material.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2016 5:28 pm

I am SO tired of hearing about this election.  I've voted.  I doubt most people have not already made up their minds.  I am so sick of hearing about this that I may start unfriending or at least unfollowing folks on Facebook that mostly post political posts except for my dearest of friends.

Rant over!

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2016 5:53 pm

I skip over pretty much any political post.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2016 6:55 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
We went to a local Target yesterday and they had completely removed any CDs from the store.  Movies had been wiped out except for new release Blu-Ray and bargain bin DVDs or Blu-Ray.  I guess we will be forced into technology that we don't really want.....again.  I get that DVD and Blu-Ray was a step up from VHS as CDs were to cassettes.  I get that these technologies have been around for a long time now.  I just don't want streaming everything now.  I prefer to actually OWN something, not just a digital file that many times costs more than the physical product.  I am old.

Where's the "like" button?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2016 8:40 pm

After the drama that has erupted on Facebook involving some church members, I am ready to delete everybody from mine who is not from CHM or who isn't my wife.

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2016 10:50 am

Oh lovely...  Do you want us to join in with the drama?  To your church-friends, we're just a bunch of random unknowns!  We could get real weird on fb and scare them all off hahahahaha.  Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2016 4:00 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
After the drama that has erupted on Facebook involving some church members, I am ready to delete everybody from mine who is not from CHM or who isn't my wife.

So you have more than one wife???
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2016 4:12 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

Polygamist!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2016 4:22 pm

ishmael81 wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

Polygamist!

Hate da' playa but don't hate da' game!!!  lol!

Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2016 10:09 pm

I had some of my buddies from Bible school (they work there now, but they were students when I worked there) over for supper tonight. We had some good times. I also enjoyed a craft beer from my school's microbrewery - made from reused hops.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2016 6:13 am

kerrick wrote:
Oh lovely...  Do you want us to join in with the drama?  To your church-friends, we're just a bunch of random unknowns!  We could get real weird on fb and scare them all off hahahahaha.  Twisted Evil
Weird is what I do best.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2016 10:17 am

Driven wrote:
I had some of my buddies from Bible school (they work there now, but they were students when I worked there) over for supper tonight. We had some good times. I also enjoyed a craft beer from my school's microbrewery - made from reused hops.

Hmm, interesting.  Was it not as hoppy as a regular ale?
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 am

Driven wrote:

I have to say I don't have enough experience with beers to be able to say. It was sweet-tasting without being sweet, not very strong but not weak either.

The brewery is currently producing pumpkin spice beer as well. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2016 11:14 am

Tomorrow we've a Walk-In-Dinner.
It's a three course menu.
For each course you get other people.
I think this must be fun.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2016 1:52 pm

Driven wrote:

Boo. Wink
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2016 2:48 pm

After nearly a year of bad news after bad news, God has finally answered ours and your prayers for me and Lisa. Finally got some good news about my disability. The lawyer who helped a friend of mine get permanent disability, who's condition is only half as bad as mine (and he'd be the first to say it), told me yesterday that there is NO reason for them to have denied my claim and that it's normal for them to deny it the first time, hoping the applicant will give up. He was 100% confident based on all my records and current/future condition, that I'd be approved.

We are elated ! Thanks again for the prayers !
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2016 3:19 pm

Huzzah!!!  cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2016 4:49 pm

Huzzah!!!  cheers cheers cheers cheers
Ditto!
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2016 12:28 am

Huzzah is right ! Had to wait until the job place EDD was up before I could apply, then the lawyer has to fight to win my case, then it could be up to 1 year before I see the back-pay and finally monthly payments.  It's not an easy road, but it's the one I'm on and the only one I can walk, so, I'm trusting God for all of it.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2016 1:25 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
...so, I'm trusting God for all of it.
And that's the best thing you can do!
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2016 9:38 am

rockerVu2 wrote:

You're going to be eating people for each course?? pale

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23421
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2016 11:44 am

rockerVu2 wrote:
That sounds like fun.  Do the people from the first course leave when the couple for the second course arrive?

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next