Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+13
messiaen77
ishmael81
rockerVu2
Guilty/Forgiven
Fundy
BearDad
Xid
MikeInFla
Staybrite
alldatndensum
xenonlion
Driven
Through The Dark Radio
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23473
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Random Ramblings - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2016 6:18 am

Quote :
Yeah, we start later and get out later too (June). I don't know why they wait so late to start I  have heard it is because it is so hot. But I don't understand that since it is STILL August and it doesn't start cooling off here until Oct. But to be honest, Florida heat is the same as Tennessee heat. Both places are too hot and humid in the summer!

Amen to that!  We've had a milder summer as far as temperatures go.  But, we've had a wetter summer which means that the humidity is floating around the 70 to 80% most days.  The heat I can take.  The humidity, when it is that elevated, will literally make it harder to breath and make you feel hotter.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2016 10:36 am

I'm back from France. I spent three weeks in Pays-de-la-Loire, except for three days when my dad and I went to Normandy and Brittany to do a bit of sightseeing. It was good, but I'm happy to be back.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2016 10:51 am

Welcome home!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3120
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 5:57 am

Headed my way!!!!!! See where the "1" is? That's where we are! Rock me like a hurricane baby!

Random Ramblings - Page 38 Tracking-the-Tropics-083116
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 10:50 am

Yikes, stay safe Mike!

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 11:09 am

So far just wind. And as of 11 AM central time it has moved a bit east of here but we are still expected to get storm surges of 1-3 feet along the coastline. Should be a cat 1 by the time it makes landfall tonight. Sometime this afternoon I need to fill up my gas cans in case we need to run our generator. So if we do lose power at least we will be able to run the fridge, microwave, fans and TV (if the cable doesn't go out).
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 2:01 pm

I got some friends who are over there this weekend to see one of their kids at college. But they're from the Houston area so they know about hurricanes  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 2:26 pm

Just upgraded to hurricane. 

Random Ramblings - Page 38 Hermine2
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 6:39 pm

Does this mean you should evacuate?

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 7:25 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
Just upgraded to hurricane. 

Random Ramblings - Page 38 Hermine2

How close are you to Destin and Okaloosa Island?

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2016 4:04 am

We are about 45-60 minutes East of there. If we had a interstate probably 25 minutes. I drove over there last week for 2 days on business and I hate the traffic going over there.

Storm was a bust, at least for us. It didn't even rain. That's a good thing! Not really even any wind.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2016 3:11 pm

That's good news.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2016 4:11 pm

We've had a breezy day here because of the hurricane, though.  We also have a little reprieve from the heat.

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2016 4:27 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Does this mean you should evacuate?
No, only category 4 or 5 and if it was the big I'd have my wife and kids leave and I would go to work on hurricane watch. It's safe there and I'd get paid for staying there round the clock.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2016 4:28 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
We've had a breezy day here because of the hurricane, though.  We also have a little reprieve from the heat.
I think we might have had steady 15 or 20 mile an hour winds but nothing else. It felt good this morning but it is blazing hot now.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2016 5:43 pm

Next surgery is coming up. They're gonna open the back of my neck and put brackets and screws on every level but the very top (that attaches to my skull). So my entire neck, cervical levels, will be bracketed. Surgeon says I'll still have range of motion as the brackets do not hinder movement. 

What's a problem is this - he said I should taper my current pain meds so that when I DO have the surgery, I won't have "as much" pain and the morphine they give me will help more.
I am currently failing at tapering current pain meds. Not cuz of addiction, but cuz without them, I am in SO MUCH pain that I become immediately depressed and feel despair. 
Not really sure what to do.... or how to do it.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2016 5:55 pm

I'm going to go to a pow-wow tomorrow, in the Native community I visited in May. It'll be about 5 hours of driving each way. It should be fun.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2016 5:58 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Next surgery is coming up. They're gonna open the back of my neck and put brackets and screws on every level but the very top (that attaches to my skull). So my entire neck, cervical levels, will be bracketed. Surgeon says I'll still have range of motion as the brackets do not hinder movement. 

What's a problem is this - he said I should taper my current pain meds so that when I DO have the surgery, I won't have "as much" pain and the morphine they give me will help more.
I am currently failing at tapering current pain meds. Not cuz of addiction, but cuz without them, I am in SO MUCH pain that I become immediately depressed and feel despair. 
Suck it up, Lumpy!  This ain't the Girl Scouts!  You'll be looking a long time for your 'Safe Zone', pal!

Just kidding.  I only wrote those things because I don't have any real advice.

Last edited by Xid on Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2016 6:29 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

I know you had a really bad trip, but have you given thought to going back to the medical marijuana (at least temporarily)?

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2016 10:40 pm

Quote :
I know you had a really bad trip, but have you given thought to going back to the medical marijuana (at least temporarily)?

Oh I've been on it consistently. But only at night. It knocks me out completely. Something about straight Indica just puts your lights out. It was helping me sleep well through the nocturnal pain, but ever since my neck has deteriorated so badly I wake up in terrible pain no matter how knocked out I am. Pain trumps CBD anyday. I'd love to use it during the day but beings that it knocks me out, I would never have a life. I guess it's the difference between being pain free due to being unconscious VS having some relief with pills. I understand what the surgeon is saying, but just like last surgery, I was in excruciating pain the first 24 hours after, then I got better. I'm gonna take the gamble, remain as much pain free as I can now, risk having a bad 24 hours, and like XID said, suck it up  Laughing

Should be interesting...
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2016 1:06 am

Jim, you are in my prayers, brother!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2016 6:36 am

When is your surgery, Jim?

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2016 10:39 am

Appreciate all the prayers.

All my pre-op work is done and has a green flag, so surgery is tentatively set for the 13th, but they still haven't called me back to confirm it. Not too pleased with the disorganization over there lately.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2016 1:12 pm

I had an amazing time at the pow-wow yesterday. Our Creator kept us safe on the road, and I got to see friends I made in May. The pow-wow itself is also very interesting. At first glance, it can seem monotonous, but it's fascinating to watch the subtle differences between Native nations, and to observe how some of their traditions are relatively sacred.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2016 8:34 am

The strong wind not far from us yesterday wasn't a tornado.
It was a downburst.
The damage to trees is big.
In my neighbordhood was no damage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 38 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next