Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Michael Sweet-Stryper

Go down 
+4
ishmael81
Staybrite
MikeInFla
rich71
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Michael Sweet-Stryper - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet-Stryper   Michael Sweet-Stryper - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 7:26 pm

rich71 wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:
To answer the OP, I have several points.

First, I agree with b4l that sometimes an artist has a vision and it takes several years to get there, if ever. There are several authors that over the years have not released a book because they couldn't get it how they wanted it (JD Salinger and Ernest Hemingway come to mind).

Second, I understand what you're saying, but why do the Stryper guys have to conform to your standard of "ministry" to be legit? I'm not trying to be rude or devisive here. But as an example, I work in the mental health field. Is it my job to continually walk around talking about Jesus? Or would it be better for me to just be Christ-like as possible and realize that this will reach people? Stryper's lyrics always are very explicit that they are talking about Jesus and I can think of very few songs I have heard of theirs that is about something else. In fact, Stryper is one of about 3 metal bands I listen to, for that reason. If the guys felt like they should be preachers then they would be pastoring a church. Why can't their art just stand as art, and bring God glory through it?

I know we don't know each other aside from posting on this board but I'm gonna call you out here. I may be out of line, and if so, someone let me know - it's not my intention to offend. It sounds like you have a little hero worship with Stryper and since they aren't meeting your expectations, you're frustrated about it. I say that with love and grace, and like I said, if I'm out of line let me know.

No I'm not into hero worship. I'm into Jesus worship. Stryper doesnt have to conform to my standard of worship.
Glad to hear. I hope I didn't offend and I hope you maybe saw where I was coming from.
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet-Stryper   Michael Sweet-Stryper - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 8:18 pm

You make some good points and i'm not offended. I think discussions like this are helpful.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet-Stryper   Michael Sweet-Stryper - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 12:04 pm

Glad to hear.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet-Stryper   Michael Sweet-Stryper - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Michael Sweet-Stryper
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2