Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Barren Cross question

Go down 
+2
Staybrite
Guilty/Forgiven
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Barren Cross question Empty
PostSubject: Barren Cross question   Barren Cross question I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 2:05 pm

Their ROCK FOR THE KING cd is expensive !! Cheapest I could find was 30 bucks for one that was in ok shape.

Question: How come this album hasn't been re-released like all the other old classics ?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23418
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross question   Barren Cross question I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 3:41 pm

I think I have only seen it for sale a few times in cd format. One seller wanted like $50 for it (too rich for me). I bought the cassette (still sealed) for like $5 several years back and just got the mp3 files from someone.

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross question   Barren Cross question I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 3:49 pm

Yeh, I have the mp3 album of both versions (the 9 song original and the Medusa version)... however, I'd love to own the original in either LP or CD format. But I guess that won't be happening unless I win the lottery... which I never play, so I guess that'll never be happening. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
phydeaux72

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2013-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross question   Barren Cross question I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 4:39 pm

Fortunately, I bought both versions on CD when they came out. And I will probably never buy anything in LP.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross question   Barren Cross question I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 4:52 pm

I managed to find mine cheap in a used CD store in Nashville that is now gone out of business.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
phydeaux72

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross question   Barren Cross question I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 5:00 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I managed to find mine cheap in a used CD store in Nashville that is now gone out of business.
That's probably why they're out of business, underselling their products.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross question   Barren Cross question I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 5:23 pm

Patience on line is the key..I usually find what I want at a reasonable price..eventually
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross question   Barren Cross question I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 8:18 pm

Yeh, I keep looking, but they seem to be going up higher every time I look. Mad
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross question   Barren Cross question I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 7:24 am

Staybrite wrote:
I bought the cassette (still sealed) for like $5 several years back and just got the mp3 files from someone.
LOL...I've done this many times over the years, too!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross question   Barren Cross question I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 10:42 am

I have the original Star Song release in LP. I don't think the original mix was released on cd. I got the Medusa version on cd but I don't like that one as much. I feel like they tampered with the original drum sounds. That crashing cymbal is omitted on Going Nowhere on the rerelease
Back to top Go down
phydeaux72

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross question   Barren Cross question I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 2:42 pm

Rabid Rob wrote:
I have the original Star Song release in LP. I don't think the original mix was released on cd. I got the Medusa version on cd but I don't like that one as much. I feel like they tampered with the original drum sounds. That crashing cymbal is omitted on Going Nowhere on the rerelease
I have the Star Song version on CD and the Medusa version.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross question   Barren Cross question I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 4:02 pm

phydeaux72 wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

No--the supply of used CDs dried up.  Several of the stores in Nashville that had a great used CD selection found it harder and harder to get CDs.  They depended on college kids selling their used CDs to get some spending money.  As MP3s have taken over and now streaming audio, most teens and college kids don't buy CDs.  If people aren't buying as many CDs, they are less likely to sell their discs as they probably didn't have many in the first place.  Likewise, a store specializing in used CDs can't sell to the public if they don't have a steady supply anymore.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross question   Barren Cross question I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 11:41 am

alldatndensum wrote:
phydeaux72 wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
No--the supply of used CDs dried up.  Several of the stores in Nashville that had a great used CD selection found it harder and harder to get CDs.  They depended on college kids selling their used CDs to get some spending money.  As MP3s have taken over and now streaming audio, most teens and college kids don't buy CDs.  If people aren't buying as many CDs, they are less likely to sell their discs as they probably didn't have many in the first place.  Likewise, a store specializing in used CDs can't sell to the public if they don't have a steady supply anymore.
I like MP3's and iTunes as much as the next digital guy but as I have stated in the past how can one go to the music store in town and "trade in used mp3's". You can't do it. I'll be getting the new Stryper from iTunes (and Bloodgood when it is available). Some things I know I will never part with those being 2 of them. In fact, I have a hard time parting with any CD's and that's probably why I have so many. But if people keep buying the flavor of the month on MP3 and digital files they are stuck with them forever.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross question   Barren Cross question I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Barren Cross question
Page 1 of 1