Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Worse One of the Bunch

Go down 
+7
rockerVu2
ishmael81
Fundy
Dynamis
alldatndensum
Staybrite
Guilty/Forgiven
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

The Worse One of the Bunch Empty
PostSubject: The Worse One of the Bunch   The Worse One of the Bunch I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 5:02 pm

This thread may be seen a little as bashing, but I'd rather prefer looking at it as audience participation as the fans are the best critics.

List which album by one of your favorite Christian artists is their WORSE album out of the entire collection.

For example: You may be a Bride fan - and they have a LOT of albums, but surely there's one album that you just think "that stinks", or maybe "If I had to pick, this would be the worse one"....

Pick a band, and pick an album by that band, then give us the reason you think it's their worse (constructively- maybe tell us how they could have done something better, or maybe what they should not have done).

So let 'er rip....
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: The Worse One of the Bunch   The Worse One of the Bunch I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 5:18 pm

Saint - The Perfect Life

I absolutely love this band, but this is not at all representative of them. The album doesn't stink, but I very seldom seem to be in the mood to listen to it. I think I might have been able to live with the stripped down "garage band" kind of sound, but the change in vocalists was just too drastic to take.

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: The Worse One of the Bunch   The Worse One of the Bunch I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 5:20 pm

Rose - Crazy Little World

What happened with Randy and this album? I understand wanting to try different musical directions but this shift was a massive change from the doom laden music of the first two albums. I was so disappointed with this album that I got rid of it. I think the only way it could have been made better would have been to call the band something other than Rose.

PostSubject: Re: The Worse One of the Bunch   The Worse One of the Bunch I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 5:53 pm

Wow..there could be a lot...

Whitecross..Flytrap

Jerusalem ..anything after Can't Stop Us Now
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: The Worse One of the Bunch   The Worse One of the Bunch I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 8:50 pm

Third Day - Miracle

It's a total musical turd.  The rock guitars were gone, and this just sounds like a typical 4 chord pop band with Mac Powell singing.  If this is the future of Third Day, then I won't buy any more of their releases.

Siloam - Crock

Siloam went alternative.  It should never have happened.  Saint's "The Perfect Life" is worlds better than this crap.

Xalt - Helium Blue Gazebo

It might have been better if this had been under a different name, but to release it under the Xalt name gave fans the impression this would be a metal album.  Sadly, it was pop alternative rock that just didn't feel like the same band.  This should never have been released.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com

PostSubject: Re: The Worse One of the Bunch   The Worse One of the Bunch I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 9:39 pm

Messiah Prophet
Colours

No one left from the original band that did Master Of The Metal. Rock...not metal. It just really is not very good.

As for my previous 2 choices...it was about the style changing
Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: The Worse One of the Bunch   The Worse One of the Bunch I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 10:31 pm

Bride - "Oddities"

The only album I cannot get into from Bride, a band which by and large has a very consistent back catalog.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: The Worse One of the Bunch   The Worse One of the Bunch I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 2:07 am

Bride - The Jesus Experience.

When it came out I liked it (due to how much I didn't like Drop) but now I really don't like the style at all (whereas Drop I quite enjoy) and I only like one song from that album - Worms.  Strangely enough I LOVE Oddities.

Tourniquet - MVTR

Ooo, I really don't like that album.  No hooks, no melody, and one song really annoys me because of the lyrics.  Rest of their stuff is great (although I don't have the newest)

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: The Worse One of the Bunch   The Worse One of the Bunch I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 7:17 am

Quote :
Messiah Prophet
Colours

No one left from the original band that did Master Of The Metal. Rock...not metal. It just really is not very good.
WHAAAAAAT?  I love that album!  It is much more like Warrant than then previous Messiah Prophet sound.  But, if you listen to it with that type of hair metal band in mind, it's a solid release!  It just wasn't what fans were expecting.  Luckily, that was my first exposure to Messiah Prophet and I actually prefer that album to their two previous releases.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Worse One of the Bunch   The Worse One of the Bunch I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 7:34 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Quote :
Messiah Prophet
Colours

WHAAAAAAT?  I love that album!  It is much more like Warrant than then previous Messiah Prophet sound.  But, if you listen to it with that type of hair metal band in mind, it's a solid release!  It just wasn't what fans were expecting.  Luckily, that was my first exposure to Messiah Prophet and I actually prefer that album to their two previous releases.

Hahaha....i have NEVER heard anyone who said they liked that more than the first two..Shocked
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: The Worse One of the Bunch   The Worse One of the Bunch I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 9:24 am

bought4life wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
Quote :
Messiah Prophet
Colours

Hahaha....i have NEVER heard anyone who said they liked that more than the first two..Shocked
 I've never heard anyone say they liked it, period. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: The Worse One of the Bunch   The Worse One of the Bunch I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 10:17 am

I like it.... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16575
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: The Worse One of the Bunch   The Worse One of the Bunch I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 11:14 am

Siloam - Crock
Was expecting so much from this third Siloam album.
The previous two albums were so great.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417

PostSubject: Re: The Worse One of the Bunch   The Worse One of the Bunch I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 12:04 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
I like it.... Embarassed
 Don't be embarrassed.  I've honestly never even heard it... I've just never heard someone say they liked it.  No big whoop.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Worse One of the Bunch   The Worse One of the Bunch I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 1:04 pm

ishmael81 wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
I like it.... Embarassed
 Don't be embarrassed.  I've honestly never even heard it... I've just never heard someone say they liked it.  No big whoop.
 No..let him be embarrassed!!!

SHAME HIM
SHAME HIM
SHAME HIM

Razz
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: The Worse One of the Bunch   The Worse One of the Bunch I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 1:29 pm

lol!

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: The Worse One of the Bunch   The Worse One of the Bunch I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 4:08 pm

I liked Messiah Prophet - Colors too. Not nearly as good as Master of the Metal, but like Alldat said you kind of have to look at it as a completely different band. Quite frankly I thought that "Rock the Flock" was the worst of the three.

bassdude

Number of posts : 614

PostSubject: Re: The Worse One of the Bunch   The Worse One of the Bunch I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 10:02 pm

Whitecross - In The Kingdom

There's a couple of good songs on there, but there's too many ballads and the whole thing just seems weak......blech.
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: The Worse One of the Bunch   The Worse One of the Bunch I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 10:21 pm

Guardian "Bottle Rocket"

Deliverance "Assimilation"

Ken Tamplin "In the Witness Box"

Neon Cross "Torn"

Whiteheart "Redemption"

Petra "Double Take"

King James "The Fall"

Angelica "Walkin in Faith"
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: The Worse One of the Bunch   The Worse One of the Bunch I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 2:28 pm

Follower of Jesus wrote:
Guardian "Bottle Rocket"

Ken Tamplin "In the Witness Box"

Whiteheart "Redemption"

Petra "Double Take"

King James "The Fall"
 I was disappointed with all of those as well but liked Neon Cross' "Torn" and Angelica's "Walkin in Faith.  I was disappointed with Angelica's "Time is All It Takes"

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: The Worse One of the Bunch   The Worse One of the Bunch I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 7:26 am

I disagree on the Neon Cross and Ken Tamplin releases.

With "Torn", that was my only exposure to Neon Cross for years.  Love that album!  Sure, it has some alternative sounds to it, but it's a solid album with some great songs.

With Ken Tamplin, "In The Witness Box" is still worlds better than the "We The People" album that he did for Patriot/Rugged Records.  It was almost a big band album with little rock to it.  There was one song called "When Angels Cry" that was decent, but the rest just stunk.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16575
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: The Worse One of the Bunch   The Worse One of the Bunch I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 5:01 pm

I'm a "Torn" fan.
I love this CD.
Back to top Go down
bassdude

bassdude

Number of posts : 614

PostSubject: Re: The Worse One of the Bunch   The Worse One of the Bunch I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 8:53 pm

Walkin' In Faith is my favorite Angelica!

I don't care for any of Tamplin's stuff after the self-titled....
Back to top Go down
unworthy

unworthy

Number of posts : 856

PostSubject: Re: The Worse One of the Bunch   The Worse One of the Bunch I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 4:04 pm

Stryper - Against the Law
Back to top Go down
http://www.tourniquetfan.net/me/
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: The Worse One of the Bunch   The Worse One of the Bunch I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 4:59 pm

unworthy wrote:
Stryper - Against the Law
See, now I would have said "In God We Trust"

PostSubject: Re: The Worse One of the Bunch   The Worse One of the Bunch I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Worse One of the Bunch
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next