Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

For better or worse ...

Go down 
+5
Through The Dark Radio
alldatndensum
Guilty/Forgiven
kerrick
BearDad
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

For better or worse ... Empty
PostSubject: For better or worse ...   For better or worse ... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 7:48 pm

My wife is on a diet ...

Which means I am too ...

We just ate dinner ...

I'm still hungry ...

She just left the house to go to Walmart ...

I'm gonna have a sandwich! 

Bouncing smiley
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: For better or worse ...   For better or worse ... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 8:02 pm

Hahahaha good man!
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: For better or worse ...   For better or worse ... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 12:37 am

Way to go man !

I heard stories from my Grandpa that there used to be a time when the men actually ran the household and made all the decisions. Yeh, I was shocked too. Wonder what those days must've been like ?
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: For better or worse ...   For better or worse ... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 12:44 am

^That's how it is in my house!  Granted, I'm the only one who lives here so...
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: For better or worse ...   For better or worse ... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 6:51 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Way to go man !

I heard stories from my Grandpa that there used to be a time when the men actually ran the household and made all the decisions. Yeh, I was shocked too. Wonder what those days must've been like ?

lol! 

I hear ya! Sometimes I stop and look in the mirror to make sure I am indeed wearing pants!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: For better or worse ...   For better or worse ... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 7:26 am

Do it with her, man!  Find a plan that you both can do and lose that weight together.  That is what is working for my wife and I.  She has lost around 85 pounds and I am at 40.  (Yes, she started long before I did.)

Go without pants around the house while she is gone.  Shoot, if you lose enough weight together, she might want you to go without pants when she is home!   Hubba hubba

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: For better or worse ...   For better or worse ... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 8:56 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Do it with her, man!  Find a plan that you both can do and lose that weight together.  That is what is working for my wife and I.  She has lost around 85 pounds and I am at 40.  (Yes, she started long before I did.)

Go without pants around the house while she is gone.  Shoot, if you lose enough weight together, she might want you to go without pants when she is home!   Hubba hubba

I'm not against food plans, and heaven knows I need to lose weight, but there is very little "with her" where my wife is concerned, particularly with this. There is her way or now way, because my way is the wrong way ... always. She is convinced the South Beach Diet works, no matter how many times she has tried it and failed; she doesn't seem to grasp that it is for rich people that can afford to buy the foods it says to eat, and rich people don't live in our house! So she can do it her way and I'll do it mine, controlling caloric and exercising.

And I'm not even going to go down the "no pants" road ... there is only disaster at the end of that path!
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: For better or worse ...   For better or worse ... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 10:14 am

BearDad wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Way to go man !

lol! 

I hear ya! Sometimes I stop and look in the mirror to make sure I am indeed wearing pants!

That's when you wear a kilt  Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: For better or worse ...   For better or worse ... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 11:38 am

^ Have you been to South Dakota in the winter!!!???  I'd freeze my .... knees .... off! Smile
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: For better or worse ...   For better or worse ... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 11:49 am

As long as they're not you wife's yoga pants, you don't really want to wear those.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: For better or worse ...   For better or worse ... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 12:52 pm

Redeemed Fool wrote:
As long as they're not you wife's yoga pants, you don't really want to wear those.
I assume you are referring to this...

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23434
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: For better or worse ...   For better or worse ... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 2:32 pm

Redeemed Fool wrote:

Yikes!

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: For better or worse ...   For better or worse ... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 4:45 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
Redeemed Fool wrote:
I assume you are referring to this...

After the Yoga pants, this comes next!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: For better or worse ...   For better or worse ... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 5:30 pm

I always find it funny when anyone outside of Western Washington knows about Bob River's Twisted Tunes. He has been a local radio DJ here for about 175 years.

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: For better or worse ...   For better or worse ... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 5:33 pm

Yoga pants, so soft and so sleek.....
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: For better or worse ...   For better or worse ... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 6:07 pm

They feel good to my cheeks!

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: For better or worse ...   For better or worse ... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 8:05 pm

That Tim Hawkins is one funny dude.

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: For better or worse ...   For better or worse ... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 3:02 pm

BearDad wrote:
^ Have you been to South Dakota in the winter!!!???  I'd freeze my .... knees .... off! Smile

That's why you buy the quality kilts made of wool  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mac

Number of posts : 480
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: For better or worse ...   For better or worse ... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 12:05 pm

I can't stand diet plans for the simple reason that they are a money pit and they simply don't work. Case in point: me. I went thru a phase where I was a little overweight. I tried weight watchers and got frustrated with that whole point system thing. This is what worked for me, and I didn't have to give up meat, dairy, go organic or gluten free. I basically eliminated junk food, fast food and soft drinks. I haven't touched any of these things since 2011. I remember going thru my pantry closet and filling up a large trash bag of junk food. I emptied all the soda bottles in my fridge too. I can still enjoy a steak or a burger or a PB&J sammich all my favourite things just no junk food. I'm not a picky eater when it comes to fruits & veggies so I include them with just about every meal. The other thing of course is exercise !
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: For better or worse ...   For better or worse ... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 2:05 pm

She Eats Cheese wrote:
I can't stand diet plans for the simple reason that they are a money pit and they simply don't work. Case in point: me. I went thru a phase where I was a little overweight. I tried weight watchers and got frustrated with that whole point system thing. This is what worked for me, and I didn't have to give up meat, dairy, go organic or gluten free. I basically eliminated junk food, fast food and soft drinks. I haven't touched any of these things since 2011. I remember going thru my pantry closet and filling up a large trash bag of junk food. I emptied all the soda bottles in my fridge too. I can still enjoy a steak or a burger or a PB&J sammich all my favourite things just no junk food. I'm not a picky eater when it comes to fruits & veggies so I include them with just about every meal. The other thing of course is exercise !

This is exactly what my wife and I have done.  We quite eating junk food (cookies, candy, most fast food), and started exercising.  And "presto-changeo" we are both loosing weight....no diets, no crazy pills or shakes....it's like magic!

PostSubject: Re: For better or worse ...   For better or worse ... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 3:31 pm

Staybrite wrote:
She Eats Cheese wrote:

This is exactly what my wife and I have done.  We quite eating junk food (cookies, candy, most fast food), and started exercising.  And "presto-changeo" we are both loosing weight....no diets, no crazy pills or shakes....it's like magic!

At 185 lbs I started exercising and counting calories.  I quit eating junk food, fast food, etc., only drinking protein shakes and eating what my wife made for dinner (which made it tough to count, as she wasn't at the time).  I lost 20 lbs, 15 lbs short of my goal (for my height 145-150 is considered optimal), but then I plateaued.  No matter how I changed my exercise plan or tweaked my food plans, even cutting more calories almost to the point of too much, I could not drop past 165.  That was obviously where my body wanted to be, but the nurses at the health screenings put on by my employer still said I was obese. So I lost interest and without meaning to fell back into old junk food and overeating habits. I'm now 10 lbs more than when I started (195), definitely in the "obese" column, and struggling to find motivation because I know that even if I lose weight I will likely plateau again.

Besides, I like to eat, and I hate leaving the dinner table hungry.
Back to top Go down
Mac

PostSubject: Re: For better or worse ...   For better or worse ... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 3:34 pm

What I like about it is you have your 3 squares. You don't have to give up youre favourite real foods. It's old fashioned but hey it works Smile
Back to top Go down
Mac

PostSubject: Re: For better or worse ...   For better or worse ... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 3:58 pm

It takes about 10 or 15 minutes for your mind to catch up with your stomach that youre actually full. What's worked for me is I'll limit the amount of food I put on my plate at dinner time. If I still feel hungry when I've finished my plate and I still think I'm hungry I'll wait 10 minutes. If I'm still hungry I'll take seconds. I've found that there is very few times I have gone for seconds. At lunch my strategy is a little different. I always bring lunch to work - I never eat in the cafeteria or go out for lunch unless there is something special my office is doing for lunch. Again it's old school but if I can't fit it in a brown paper lunch bag it don't come with me to work. I'll usually pack a sandwich, some fruit (lol I don't do yogurt - yuck! )and either some ginger snaps or nilla wafers. I just limit myself to what's in the bag. The vending machine is not an option for me. It takes a little discipline but after you've done this for a week or two it becomes a habit. It's a matter of retraining your body that you've had enough. 

In the winter I try to get to the gym 3 times a week but realistically I make it twice a week. Half the time I dont feel like working out but I bring my iPod loaded with some Christian metal and that's been my motivation. Then after a good work out if I'm hungry I'll have some fruit or slice of cheese and it ties me over till dinner. But ever since doing this I look and feel great!
Back to top Go down
Mac

PostSubject: Re: For better or worse ...   For better or worse ... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 4:03 pm

Lol sorry about the posting rampage I guess I'm passionate about this stuff. But I forgot to mention breakfast. I'm usually not hungry when I wake up in the morning, but I'll try to have something lite like some fruit, oat meal, or toast/English muffin with jam. I've found that I'm not getting those mid morning munchies and can get by till lunch. 

Ok I'm done Smile
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: For better or worse ...   For better or worse ... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 4:05 pm

BearDad wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
She Eats Cheese wrote:

At 185 lbs I started exercising and counting calories.  I quit eating junk food, fast food, etc., only drinking protein shakes and eating what my wife made for dinner (which made it tough to count, as she wasn't at the time).  I lost 20 lbs, 15 lbs short of my goal (for my height 145-150 is considered optimal), but then I plateaued.  No matter how I changed my exercise plan or tweaked my food plans, even cutting more calories almost to the point of too much, I could not drop past 165.  That was obviously where my body wanted to be, but the nurses at the health screenings put on by my employer still said I was obese. So I lost interest and without meaning to fell back into old junk food and overeating habits. I'm now 10 lbs more than when I started (195), definitely in the "obese" column, and struggling to find motivation because I know that even if I lose weight I will likely plateau again.

Besides, I like to eat, and I hate leaving the dinner table hungry.

Dang, I don't see how any full grown man could be considered "obese" at only 165lb (unless you are only 4ft tall)!!! Chubby possibly, fat...possibly, but not "obese".
I'm only 5'-5", and I when I was at the peak of my physical condition I weighed 160lb.  Of course by the Army's weight and height tables I was considered over-weight (I was only allowed to be 145lb).  But they would tape-test me every time I needed to weigh in and I would always pass with flying colors.
Of course when I changed by eating habits (just a few weeks ago) I topped the scale at 230lb (which is certainly obese for my height & frame), I will be ecstatic if I can get anywhere near 165lbs.

PostSubject: Re: For better or worse ...   For better or worse ... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

For better or worse ...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next