Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

heavens metal box set

Go down 
+5
Staybrite
Fundy
bassdude
nazpastor
alldatndensum
9 posters
AuthorMessage

heavens metal box set Empty
PostSubject: heavens metal box set   heavens metal box set I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 11:12 pm

I bought this when it first came out. It's a pretty good set with a pretty good range of history in it. Did anyone else ever buy this. I still have the cassettes but somehow I seem to have lost the book. How many still have the heavens metal magazines.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23475
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: heavens metal box set   heavens metal box set I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 11:20 pm

I only have 2 Heaven's Metal mags. I only have those because a couple of my early tapes were reviewed in those issues.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
nazpastor

nazpastor

Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2007-05-01

PostSubject: Re: heavens metal box set   heavens metal box set I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 9:24 pm

I actually am listing a sealed Cassette boxset of this on ebay tonight. The book and box are very hard to find now, and it is the same book and box that comes with the CD set. I have a complete CD set with book and box in my collection, the cassette set is extra, so out it is going.
Back to top Go down
bassdude

bassdude

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: heavens metal box set   heavens metal box set I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 1:16 pm

I have the cassette box set with the book.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5332
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: heavens metal box set   heavens metal box set I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 2:29 am

I have the cassettes, but I listened to them so much one of the tapes ended up breaking! Great compilation for someone starting out in Christian Metal. I got rid of all my HM mags apart from one (maybe two).

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: heavens metal box set   heavens metal box set I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 3:22 pm

I have a few of the Heaven's Metal fanzine mags that were put out in the last few years. I wasn't around back in the day when the box-set was released and I don't think I have ever seen one.

IM4given

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2012-08-21

PostSubject: Re: heavens metal box set   heavens metal box set I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 6:42 pm

I have the two disc set with the book. I broke it out the other day to take a listen. I have a few copies oh Heaven's Metal too, especially the ones with REZ!
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2564
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: heavens metal box set   heavens metal box set I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 7:50 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I still have the 2 disc set and listen to it from time to time.

I used to have some of the mags but can't find them.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5332
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: heavens metal box set   heavens metal box set I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 8:21 am

Why does it say vol. 1 on the front?

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9957
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: heavens metal box set   heavens metal box set I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 1:21 pm

If anyone has Issue # 20 they would be a lifesaver !

Project Heaven's Metal Classic Issues CD-Rom is in need of issue #20.

We currently have issues #19 and #21 thru 42 scanned.
I am currently scanning Issues #1 through 17

There are some who have said they'll scan #18 and #43 thru #54, but I have not heard from them.

However, no one seems to have issue # 20
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: heavens metal box set   heavens metal box set I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 7:41 am

Fundy wrote:
Why does it say vol. 1 on the front?

Fundy

Because that is the cover of Volume 1 . The cover of vol.2 says " Volume 2". It is a 2 disc/tape set.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Volume 1 includes...

1. Waves - Resurrection Band 3:37
2. You're All I Need - The Daniel Band 4:26
3. Sodom - Jerusalem 12:11
4. From Wrong to Right - Stryper 3:55
5. Loneliness Kills - First Strike 3:43
6. It's All Come True - Barren Cross 4:05
7. Breathless Wonderment - Barnabas 6:52
8. Jesus Will Reign - Darell Mansfield Band 4:33
9. Primed and Ready - Saint 3:49
10. Heavy Metal Thunder - Messiah Prophet 5:30
11. Self-Destruction - Bloodgood 3:34
12. No Way I'm Going Down - Whitecross 4:09
13. Son of God - Neon Cross 4:20
14. Shout - Shout 4:23

Volume 2 includes...

15. Genesis - Trytan 7:10
16. Are You Ready for Thunder - Rage of Angels 4:12
17. The Suffering Servant - Leviticus 4:50
18. Children of the Light - Sacred Warrior 2:37
19. White Throne - Vengeance Rising 3:11
20. The Call - Deliverance 4:11
21. Lift Him Up - X-Sinner 3:14
22. Love Me - Holy Soldier 4:14
23. You Get What You Pray For - Tourniquet 3:24
24. Step On It - Jet Circus 5:18
25. Time and Time Again - Guardian 4:52
26. Stop the Madness - Believer 3:59
27. Give Me Love - Novella 4:51
28. Troubled Times - Bride 4:28
29. Mindbender - The Crucified 3:53
30. Lasting Love - Ransom 4:29
31. The Destroyer Beholds - Mortification 3:19
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: heavens metal box set   heavens metal box set I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 8:28 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
If anyone has Issue # 20 they would be a lifesaver !

Project Heaven's Metal Classic Issues CD-Rom is in need of issue #20.

We currently have issues #19 and #21 thru 42 scanned.
I am currently scanning Issues #1 through 17

There are some who have said they'll scan #18 and #43 thru #54, but I have not heard from them.

However, no one seems to have issue # 20

I just saw at the CMR that some one has come forward with issue 20! cheers

I was about to suggest this one...http://www.ebay.com/itm/Heavens-Metal-July-1989-SACRED-WARRIOR-Valeri-Barinov-/370575474925?pt=Magazines&hash=item56480500ed
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: heavens metal box set   heavens metal box set I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 12:12 pm

1st, yes I have the 2 cassette box set with the booklet. It's pretty cool.

2nd, Good news on the Heaven's Metal 1st 10 years on PDF project is coming together like it's meant to be !

At this point we're only short 3 issues out of 54 ! Not too bad.
I've been scanning and editing the first years issues from '85, and I have a faithful friend in Australia who's scanned the majority of the rest.
DVP is quite happy with the progress being made. In fact, a website that posts Christian magazine information has requested through Doug that I send them the covers of each issue for his website.
This project has become a huge blessing to those involved and should help Doug out with some low-overhead income.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: heavens metal box set   heavens metal box set I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 3:49 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
2nd, Good news on the Heaven's Metal 1st 10 years on PDF project is coming together like it's meant to be !
I'm very excited about this. Since you are compling it (and even doing some of the scanning) you will know the answer to this. Are the scans going to include all the print pages (ie ads and articles) or just the articles?

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: heavens metal box set   heavens metal box set I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 7:02 pm

Exact image scans of EVERY page with front and back covers of EVERY issue from #1 to #54

Ads and all my friend.

The only bummer is, it is not scanned in OCR so that the PDF images are searchable. But then that's what an Index is for right ?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: heavens metal box set   heavens metal box set I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 7:23 pm

Awesome. I can't wait to see all those "purchase our demo cassette" ads!

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: heavens metal box set   heavens metal box set I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 9:09 pm

You're gonna love the old stuff from the 80s - some of the stuff is total cheese-ville.
Some of it's really cool, cuz there are articles on bands that were NOBODY back then - "up-and-coming" bands that today are household names ! Then there's the sad ones... ie reading about the brand new band Vengeance and the lead singer's faith at the time... course we all know how that went Sad

It's just a treasure of history that I'm loving - esp since I hadn't come to faith until later and missed out on all this great Christian metal stuff back then.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: heavens metal box set   heavens metal box set I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 3:29 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

It's just a treasure of history that I'm loving - esp since I hadn't come to faith until later and missed out on all this great Christian metal stuff back then.

That's me as well. Very much looking forward to this, thanks for putting so much effort into making this happen.

PostSubject: Re: heavens metal box set   heavens metal box set I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 3:34 pm

There was a time when Heavens Metal was the only way to learn about new bands. It played a huge role in creating the scene we have today. I would never have even heard of many of the artist other than stryper and barren cross. I only knew them because of MTV headbangers ball. I had a friend that gave me a Petra and Daniel band cassette or I would have never even heard of them back when. Even now i have only heard some of Petra albums and only own 2...the green album and a best of Petras hard rock hits album.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: heavens metal box set   heavens metal box set I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 9:55 am

Yep, HM was before the big [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] it's hard to imagine a time without the internet's vast databank at our fingertips, but it wasn't that long ago we relied on word of mouth and magazines like HM to learn about new Christian bands. Also there were the "opening acts" - that's how we used to learn about newer bands as well.
Now we take it for granted when we pop onto the interweb and discover 100s of new bands.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: heavens metal box set   heavens metal box set I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 1:20 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Yep, HM was before the big [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] it's hard to imagine a time without the internet's vast databank at our fingertips, but it wasn't that long ago we relied on word of mouth and magazines like HM to learn about new Christian bands. Also there were the "opening acts" - that's how we used to learn about newer bands as well.
Now we take it for granted when we pop onto the interweb and discover 100s of new bands.

That's a neat story Grandpa! Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: heavens metal box set   heavens metal box set I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

heavens metal box set
Page 1 of 1