Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

End of a song

Go down 
5 posters

What's your favorite way to end a song ?
Songs that do the typical fade at the end.
End of a song I_vote_lcap0%End of a song I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Songs that just stop suddenly.
End of a song I_vote_lcap17%End of a song I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
Songs that stop and start again a few times.
End of a song I_vote_lcap0%End of a song I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
I really don't care how a song ends.
End of a song I_vote_lcap83%End of a song I_vote_rcap
 83% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9927
Registration date : 2007-05-18

End of a song Empty
PostSubject: End of a song   End of a song I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 11:38 am

There doesn't seem to be a wide variety of ways to end a song. No one's come up with anything different and unique since recording songs began.
What's your thoughts on how songs end ? Anything you specifically like, or can't stand ?

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

End of a song Empty
PostSubject: Re: End of a song   End of a song I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 12:49 pm

You forget the big crescendo end, where they build up really big and end with everyone hitting that one big note a final time (it seems to be a mostly live thing with hard rock/metal bands).

I don't really care too much how they end, but I'm not a big fan of the songs that stop and start again, or the ones where it sounds like they weren't finished but it just ends suddenly.

Guilty/Forgiven

End of a song Empty
PostSubject: Re: End of a song   End of a song I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 1:26 pm

Ooh, I like the crescendo thing too (usually accomplished with the lead singer jumping up and landing on the last beat).

There's one more that I can't really describe in words. It's a short tune that's usually not related to the actual song, but the song stops and this short little diddy ends up the song. I'll try and find an example of what I'm rambling about.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

End of a song Empty
PostSubject: Re: End of a song   End of a song I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 2:16 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Ooh, I like the crescendo thing too (usually accomplished with the lead singer jumping up and landing on the last beat).

Exactly!

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

There's one more that I can't really describe in words. It's a short tune that's usually not related to the actual song, but the song stops and this short little diddy ends up the song. I'll try and find an example of what I'm rambling about.

I think I know what your talking about, it's usually a short instrumental type of thing.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

End of a song Empty
PostSubject: Re: End of a song   End of a song I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 6:18 pm

I don't care how they end it as long as they change it up. Don't just end every song on the CD abruptly. Don't fade them all out. Don't do the big finish on every song. Mix it up.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

End of a song Empty
PostSubject: Re: End of a song   End of a song I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 7:29 pm

For me too, I don't care how the song end.
As long the song ends after 5-6 minutes then it's OK.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

End of a song Empty
PostSubject: Re: End of a song   End of a song I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 10:47 pm

Wouldn't it be nice though if they created a new way to end a song ? What are some good ideas of ending songs that haven't been done ?

Any ideas ?

I thought of transitioning a song ending into reverse, so the end is backwards but has the same flow as the song itself.... then I guess just fading it, like usual. I dunno.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

End of a song Empty
PostSubject: Re: End of a song   End of a song I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 9:14 am

Removed the thread to The Buzz, because it is about music.
Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

End of a song Empty
PostSubject: Re: End of a song   End of a song I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 6:08 pm

My favorite ending has to be the one on Innocent Blood from Blessed By a Broken Heart's newest album Feel the Power. The ending is about a minute long and includes a huge guitar solo overtop a pretty simple riff/breakdown and it just sounds really powerful!
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

End of a song Empty
PostSubject: Re: End of a song   End of a song I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 3:58 pm

oh yeahhhh, I'll take a shredding or melodic guitar solo ending to ANY song ! That's the way to end a song on a good note - so to say!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

End of a song Empty
PostSubject: Re: End of a song   End of a song I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

End of a song
Page 1 of 1