Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The GX Project.

Go down 
+3
alldatndensum
Staybrite
rockerVu2
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

The GX Project. Empty
PostSubject: The GX Project.   The GX Project. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 11:17 am

The GX Project.

Rex
Scott the lead vocalist and rhythm guitarist of X-Sinner is currently
working on a new project with producer Glenn Thomas from Canada.

The expected release date of this new album is in March.
On the site of The GX Project are samples to listen too.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23430
Registration date : 2007-02-08

The GX Project. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The GX Project.   The GX Project. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 4:47 pm

Only about half way through the first song, and I have to sound it sounds even more like AC/DC than X-Sinner does.

rockerVu2

The GX Project. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The GX Project.   The GX Project. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 5:16 pm

I really like the second song.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

The GX Project. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The GX Project.   The GX Project. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 7:12 pm

I really like every song I have sampled. This will definitely be at the top of my want list.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com

The GX Project. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The GX Project.   The GX Project. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 7:33 pm

This sounds awesome. I look forward to buying this.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

The GX Project. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The GX Project.   The GX Project. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 10:19 am

I have the same brokentulsa, looking forward to order the CD.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

The GX Project. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The GX Project.   The GX Project. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 5:01 pm

I like the way it sounds but I have to confess I probably won't get it. With all the hoopla Rex has made over how illegal down-loads ruined the sales for the last X-Sinner album...he has decided not to release this album for digital sale.

I agree that illegal downloads are bad, but I'm getting a little tired of hearing him and X-Sinner rant about it. I purchase about 90% of my music as downloads now so I doubt I will make the effort to hunt down the physical disc for this or even the new X-Sinner.

Admin
alldatndensum

The GX Project. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The GX Project.   The GX Project. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 6:41 pm

I'll email them to you. lol!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

The GX Project. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The GX Project.   The GX Project. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 7:16 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I'll email them to you. lol!

affraid

lol!

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2561
Registration date : 2007-06-03

The GX Project. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The GX Project.   The GX Project. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 10:04 pm

Staybrite wrote:

I agree that illegal downloads are bad, but I'm getting a little tired of hearing him and X-Sinner rant about it. I purchase about 90% of my music as downloads now so I doubt I will make the effort to hunt down the physical disc for this or even the new X-Sinner.

So what of the other 10%? How do those turnout if they are not downloads?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

The GX Project. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The GX Project.   The GX Project. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 12:39 am

Hardkore wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

So what of the other 10%? How do those turnout if they are not downloads?

The other 10% are cds that I either find cheaply (usually in used cd stores) or are given to me (wish that happened more often).

rockerVu2

The GX Project. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The GX Project.   The GX Project. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 10:11 am

Staybrite I'll help you. lol!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

The GX Project. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The GX Project.   The GX Project. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 4:43 pm

You people are incorrigible. Laughing

Fundy

Number of posts : 5330
Registration date : 2007-05-04

The GX Project. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The GX Project.   The GX Project. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 5:27 pm

I buy 99% physical CD's, so that's good for me! Razz

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

The GX Project. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The GX Project.   The GX Project. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 9:03 am

I buy mostly CDs, but I am starting to buy more downloads.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

The GX Project. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The GX Project.   The GX Project. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 10:13 am

Most CDs I buy and only some CDs I download.
Back to top Go down
nazpastor

nazpastor

Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2007-05-01

The GX Project. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The GX Project.   The GX Project. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 11:58 am

OK, I have listened to the samples and really like the music, but for some reason when I hear Rex Scott on the last couple of projects he reminds me of Elmo from Sesame Street. No I don't mean Cookie Monster, I mean Elmo. I just sounds like he is stretching too far or something. I might get this at some point, but the vocals just kill it for me. I did get the last X-Sinner disc and felt the same way about the vocals. I listened to it a half-dozen times and just can't get into it. I fear this will be the same thing, so I will definitely wait until others have it and see how the finished project turns out before I buy.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5330
Registration date : 2007-05-04

The GX Project. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The GX Project.   The GX Project. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 4:27 am

I like his vocals, but I do know what you mean. I'm excited to hear the new X-SInner CD when it is released, and may get the GX one if the lyrics are open enough in Christian content.

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

The GX Project. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The GX Project.   The GX Project. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 9:56 am

Staybrite wrote:
You people are incorrigible. Laughing

We try!

Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

The GX Project. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The GX Project.   The GX Project. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 8:45 pm

I think that if it were available for digital download, there might be less piracy. Because people can't download legally, they result to downloading illegally.

As to the project itself… sounds like AC/DC but a little roughly mastered/produced. I might get this… we'll see.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

The GX Project. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The GX Project.   The GX Project. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 11:46 pm

Quote :
Because people can't download legally, they result to downloading illegally.

Really? All this time I thought people did illegal downloads because they were cheap and didn't want to pay. So, they just helped themselves to whatever through P2P sites.

Back to top Go down

The GX Project. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The GX Project.   The GX Project. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 12:24 am

how does rex not allowing a digital release stop illegal downloads?
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

The GX Project. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The GX Project.   The GX Project. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 8:52 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Quote :
Because people can't download legally, they result to downloading illegally.

Really? All this time I thought people did illegal downloads because they were cheap and didn't want to pay. So, they just helped themselves to whatever through P2P sites.

That's kinda why iTunes was invented… file-sharing was rampant, and iTunes became popular because it was a cheap, legal alternative.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

The GX Project. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The GX Project.   The GX Project. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 9:04 am

I'd say that iTunes was created to help Apple push their MP3s players that, at the time, were mostly being loaded from P2P sites. This gave them the ability to really drive the market.

Quote :

how does rex not allowing a digital release stop illegal downloads?

It doesn't. If one person rips their CD and puts it on a P2P site, then it will be out there.

Quote :
OK, I have listened to the samples and really like the music, but for
some reason when I hear Rex Scott on the last couple of projects he
reminds me of Elmo from Sesame Street.

I can hear the comparison, but I find it no more unsettling than either Tom Keiffer (Cinderella), the original singer from Britny Fox, or Brian Johnson (AC/DC). They are all very similar. If it fits the music, which Rex's direction now seems to, then it's okay by me.

Back to top Go down
nazpastor

nazpastor

Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2007-05-01

The GX Project. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The GX Project.   The GX Project. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 12:06 pm

As far as a no digital downloads, Rex posted on their Facebook page that this project will eventually go to iTunes, but only after the physical copies are sold off. It seems as if he was essentially asking people who buy physical copies to keep this project off of the internet until the CDs sold, then it would go digital after they had gotten the original investment back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The GX Project. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The GX Project.   The GX Project. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The GX Project.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next