Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GX Project

Go down 
+2
alldatndensum
Timshell64
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Timshell64

Timshell64

Number of posts : 492
Registration date : 2011-05-25

GX Project Empty
PostSubject: GX Project   GX Project I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 6:56 am

I got this digital download a few months ago and I have played i would say about 6 or 7 times now. What can I say I am a music Junky, been so much good stuff out. Anyway the more and more I listen to it grows on me. I really wasn't going to buy it, because the samples just didnt turn me on. But because everyone here spoke so Highly of it, I got it. I am so glad i did. It is a quality release. At first Rex's vocals kind of felt like they were over the top and pushed to far. But now they feel like that long lost cd you lost years ago but just resently got back. It feels like a comfortable reunion. If that made any sense. I guess what i am trying to say if you have been on the fence about this cd jump off onto the GX Project side. Because Glenn's guitar work alone is definately worth the price!!

Keep Rocking you all!! Wait almost thought I heard Angus somewhere !!!

Tim
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

GX Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: GX Project   GX Project I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 8:30 am

I was playing this just yesterday! It is one of my favorite discs for the year. I know--it's a total AC/DC clone. With that said, though, it is still a great album that stands on it's own.

I love this album and hope they do many more together. I am also (im)patiently waiting for the new X-Sinner disc.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
unworthy

unworthy

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2012-06-08

GX Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: GX Project   GX Project I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 10:18 am

yeah.. well, I was a big fan of this album.. but I've gotten to a place of surrender with Christ and one of the things that goes are albums which are not spiritually edifying... and, unfortunately, I haven't deciphered enough of this album to know whether I'm keeping it or not but I'm leaning towards not because the lyrics I have deciphered are very much "open to interpretation" and I just don't hear much of God in it.

I know there are many of you that listen to music for "entertainment value" and thereby anything without certain things in it will play through your player. I used to be that way. In fact when I first came to CMR I would listen to ANYTHING (like Deicide, etc) and I did not feel convicted or guilty about it. However, as I've grown in my faith I have been pulled away from anything that doesn't glorify God and edify me in my faith.

It's been a hard road because there is much music that I love. There is much music that I even listened to once I decided to listen to "christian music" only that I am having to let go of because lyrically it leaves so much to desire....

I'm also in the process of going through my movies and building up my edifying movies and weaning out my "entertainment movies" ... I want my kids to grow up watching movies that teach them something; especially if that message is to the cross and what being a godly man means.

I don't think entertainment is bad or that we (or I) should keep from doing something for the pure sake of entertainment; I just think there's a balance there. How often do we seek God to ask Him about what we listen to/watch? How often do we consider God's opinion of music? etc.. etc... I just think we are, too often, passe about our entertainment. We don't consider the fact that what we are listening to, watching, and reading is teaching us something; the question is what is it teaching us? I don't believe that the verse that says "whatsoever is pure..." is referring to "whatever is not dirty"
Back to top Go down
http://www.tourniquetfan.net/me/

GX Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: GX Project   GX Project I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 11:29 am

Unworthy, I would be happy to take that off your hands then. Seeing how we have totally opposite Theological views and I have been wanting a copy of this just pm me and we'll work something out. I still listen to anything and everything. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

GX Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: GX Project   GX Project I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 12:50 pm

GX is definitely in my Top 5 purchases for 2012 - I've also spun that sucker at least 5 times. GREAT ALBUM !!!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23430
Registration date : 2007-02-08

GX Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: GX Project   GX Project I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 4:56 pm

Timshell64 wrote:
I got this digital download a few months ago

Wow I looked around for several months for a digital download and couldn't find any place to buy it. I finally broke down and bought the actual CD.
I didn't have high expectations for it personally, but I was pleasantly surprised by how good it was (especially after being less that ecstatic with the last X-Sinner album). I wouldn't shock me at all to find that this album makes it into my top ten for the year.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

GX Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: GX Project   GX Project I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 6:32 pm

Quote :
nfortunately, I haven't deciphered enough of this album to know whether
I'm keeping it or not but I'm leaning towards not because the lyrics I
have deciphered are very much "open to interpretation" and I just don't
hear much of God in it.

What did you uncover that you felt uncomfortable with?

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com

GX Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: GX Project   GX Project I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 6:57 pm

Quote :
I am also (im)patiently waiting for the new X-Sinner disc.

I wish x-sinner would go back to a early def leppard sound.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

GX Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: GX Project   GX Project I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 7:34 am

This CD has a place in my top 5.
Back to top Go down
Timshell64

Timshell64

Number of posts : 492
Registration date : 2011-05-25

GX Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: GX Project   GX Project I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 7:42 am

Staybrite I got it on Itunes a few months ago right after they put a notice out it was available there!!!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23430
Registration date : 2007-02-08

GX Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: GX Project   GX Project I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 6:19 pm

Timshell64 wrote:
Staybrite I got it on Itunes a few months ago right after they put a notice out it was available there!!!

Ahhh I see, I don't do i-tunes...that's why I missed it.

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

GX Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: GX Project   GX Project I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 2:39 pm

This is one of my favorite CDs from 2012.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

GX Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: GX Project   GX Project I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GX Project
Page 1 of 1