Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Possible new Big Fat Jam project?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Possible new Big Fat Jam project? Empty
PostSubject: Possible new Big Fat Jam project?   Possible new Big Fat Jam project? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 5:49 pm

I was looking on Facebook to see if there were a fan page for Big Fat Jam.  They did one CD for Absolute Records back in 2002 and fell off the face of the earth.  I later found they had an earlier CD they produced themselves.  I always thought the name of the band and the album were the same, but I was informed that their 1999 album was called "The Shack".

The band had posted asking if any of the fans still had any of their old stuff, so I sent a picture of me holding my two CDs that I still have after all these years.  While reading the comments, a guy said that we needed some new Big Fat Jam.  The band replied, "Coming soon".

So, I don't know if we should be getting our hopes up yet, but it seems like the camp is stirring again.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Staybrite, MikeInFla and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Possible new Big Fat Jam project?   Possible new Big Fat Jam project? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 6:40 pm

Right on! I have their 2 albums as well and would love to hear something new from them. Cool!

alldatndensum and Staybrite like this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Possible new Big Fat Jam project?   Possible new Big Fat Jam project? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2024 3:01 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Right on! I have their 2 albums as well and would love to hear something new from them. Cool!

You probably have the same two as I do.

I only recently discovered that one of the albums that I had was named "The Shack".  On the outside, it appears that their indie album was just self-titled.  On the CD, the name of the album is "The Shack".  I never noticed that before!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Guilty/Forgiven likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Possible new Big Fat Jam project?   Possible new Big Fat Jam project? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2024 7:00 am

That's awesome news.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Possible new Big Fat Jam project?   Possible new Big Fat Jam project? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2024 7:19 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

You probably have the same two as I do.

I only recently discovered that one of the albums that I had was named "The Shack".  On the outside, it appears that their indie album was just self-titled.  On the CD, the name of the album is "The Shack".  I never noticed that before!

I didn't know that either. Thought it was self titled
Back to top Go down
Superjuice

Superjuice

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2013-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Possible new Big Fat Jam project?   Possible new Big Fat Jam project? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2024 7:11 pm

I'll take a break from the Metal Realm and report in. 

I've actually seen these guys live a few times since they were local and participated in band competitions.  They were really good live and I thought blew away the other bands.  The frontman had charisma and they really got the crowd into the show.  I never owned any albums since it's not my style.

Side note: The lead singer went to the same college as I and he was on the basketball team, whilst I was on the football team. so I knew who he was, but we did not know each other socially.  Anyway, I saw him in the weight room one time and he carrying around a Saigon Kick - The Lizard cd, so I knew he had good taste, but I didn't think he was a blues guy.  I figured him for a metal head since he had long hair.

alldatndensum and Staybrite like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Possible new Big Fat Jam project?   Possible new Big Fat Jam project? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Possible new Big Fat Jam project?
Page 1 of 1