Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ever Meet a Celebrity?

Go down 
+5
alldatndensum
Fundy
Guilty/Forgiven
sabidoo
Staybrite
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23432
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Ever Meet a Celebrity? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ever Meet a Celebrity?   Ever Meet a Celebrity? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2015 12:14 pm

Xid wrote:
Helped Bloodgood set up a show so I got to hang with Les Carlson, Michael Bloodgood, David Zaffiro and Mark Welling.  Saint opened the show so I got to meet Josh Kramer.  I don't recall actually meeting the other guys.

Wow! Now that is sooper kool!

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Ever Meet a Celebrity?   Ever Meet a Celebrity? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2015 12:20 pm

That was a fun, great day.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3120
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Ever Meet a Celebrity?   Ever Meet a Celebrity? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 6:33 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Yea... I thought I met the real santa clause once too... til I found he was a fake.

Prolly the same with your wookie. How do you knooowwwwww it was the real Chewy ?

I met Santa too, but it was the real one. How do I know? Because he didn't have a fake beard and he told me he was the real one.  Thumbs Up

When I was 10 I met David Prowse who played Darth Vader (I assume that is who it was, it was a man dressed up as Darth Vader and they said it was him but he never took the costume off. I am more convinced I met Santa Claus than David Prowse).

Met George Takei at a Star Trek show and got his autograph. 

Met Tim Gaines & Robert Sweet at the mall in Knoxville the day of the show during the THWTD tour (my youth pastor's wife worked in management at the mall and she knew they were coming so she gave me a heads up).

Worked at a radio station in the late 80's and early 90's. Met a ton of music artists, not in any particular order: Sass Jordan, The Black Crowes, Zak Wylde (a complete jerk), Randy Castillo (RIP), Ted Nugent, Tommy Shaw, Jack Blades (I met Jack 2 times and what impressed me was the second time I saw him he remembered my name!). Kenny Chesney, Aaron Tippin (met twice and the second time was about 10 years later and he remembered me from the radio station I worked at when I was in TN but he didn't remember my name), Terri Clark, Jeff Foxworthy, Rodney Atkins, and a few other country singers that slip my mind at the moment. Met the members of Molly Hatchet, The Guess Who, Atlanta Rythym Section (3 three bands had replacement members at the time), Tommy Shaw (again - have met him 3 or 4 times), James Young, Lawrence Gowan, Ricky Phillips (the current members of Styx) and talked to Dennis DeYoung on the phone for an interview. The last one I can think of is Rick Savage from Def Leppard, I also talked to him for an on air interview when Def Lep was in town. Prob a few more that slip my mind. 

Haven't met anyone in an airport or anything and mostly just musicians.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ever Meet a Celebrity?   Ever Meet a Celebrity? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 3:52 pm

Quote :
Zak Wylde (a complete jerk)

not surprising..alot of his interviews on tv as well as online and in magazines come off that way... I also get the impression he has a major alcohol problem...
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3120
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Ever Meet a Celebrity?   Ever Meet a Celebrity? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 4:00 pm

Savage Amusement wrote:
Quote :
Zak Wylde (a complete jerk)

not surprising..alot of his interviews on tv as well as online and in magazines come off that way... I also get the impression he has a major alcohol problem...

I think he kicked the alcohol problem, at least from an interview I saw with him. He is proud of the fact that he beat it without doing the AA steps. This was on "No More Tours", He was total unapproachable, when I saw how he was treating the other fans I didn't even bother approaching him. Randy Castillo was incredibly friendly. Ozzy was a no show, they said he had the flu (and the concert was pretty short that night they said he was feeling ill).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ever Meet a Celebrity?   Ever Meet a Celebrity? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ever Meet a Celebrity?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2