Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Look Who I Got To Meet!

Go down 
+10
rockerVu2
Through The Dark Radio
Hardkore
Dynamis
topshot rhit
Guilty/Forgiven
Xid
alldatndensum
Staybrite
kerrick
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3493
Registration date : 2013-07-17

Look Who I Got To Meet! Empty
PostSubject: Look Who I Got To Meet!   Look Who I Got To Meet! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 1:34 pm

Whilst wandering the open plains of Kalispell, I spotted famed Joshua's Creed musician extraordinaire Derek Close, aka Xid!  What good fortune!  Very Happy

My wife and I had a very nice lunch with him yesterday on the tail-end of our trip to Glacier Nat'l Park.  We're only a ~four hour gorgeous drive away so if any of the rest of y'all come up this way, it'd be fun to have a reunion!

Look Who I Got To Meet! 20180610
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Look Who I Got To Meet!   Look Who I Got To Meet! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 2:19 pm

Very Cool!  I love seeing pictures of CHM members together in the wild.
Hope you guys had a great visit (and lunch).
What did you talk about?

Kerrick you are now substantially ahead of me now in "collecting CHM members IRL"  Mad

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Look Who I Got To Meet!   Look Who I Got To Meet! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 2:55 pm

We should seriously attempt a CHM Meetup for next year.  Any suggestions on a somewhat Central location for most of us?

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Look Who I Got To Meet!   Look Who I Got To Meet! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 3:57 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
We should seriously attempt a CHM Meetup for next year.  Any suggestions on a somewhat Central location for most of us?

Derek's house!

Xid

Number of posts : 5505
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Look Who I Got To Meet!   Look Who I Got To Meet! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 5:28 pm

We had a great visit!  It was fun meeting Kerrick & Veronika.  We had the usual chit chat and talked about music, the boneheads at CHM, Glacier National Park, Chili etc.  We met over my lunch hour so, unfortunately our time was short.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9927
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Look Who I Got To Meet!   Look Who I Got To Meet! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 5:55 pm

Very cool indeed ! It always feels like meeting a movie, or rock star when I hook up with one of ya'all  Headbang
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3869

PostSubject: Re: Look Who I Got To Meet!   Look Who I Got To Meet! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 6:02 pm

One of these days I plan to backpack at Glacier, but it's so much farther than my favorite spots.

Have the crowds gone down because of the wildfires destroying so much?

Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Look Who I Got To Meet!   Look Who I Got To Meet! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 7:34 pm

Xid wrote:
We had a great visit!  It was fun meeting Kerrick & Veronika.  We had the usual chit chat and talked about music, the boneheads at CHM, Glacier National Park, Chili etc.  We met over my lunch hour so, unfortunately our time was short.

Hey!  I resemble that remark!  Tongue

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Very cool indeed ! It always feels like meeting a movie, or rock star when I hook up with one of ya'all  Headbang

Why do I get the feeling you where talking about me there....only the rock star was Meatloaf?  scratch

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Look Who I Got To Meet!   Look Who I Got To Meet! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 8:26 pm

Quote :

How about Kalispell?  Or someplace around the mid-west such as Denver?  I would suggest Phoenix in the middle of August but that might not go over to well...
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Look Who I Got To Meet!   Look Who I Got To Meet! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 8:31 am

I vote for Kalispell!  Coeur d'Alene is nice too...
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Look Who I Got To Meet!   Look Who I Got To Meet! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 9:37 am

Where is Kalispell?

I would seriously like for us to consider at least a quick meetup even if we flew in on one day, hung out for a few hours, and flew back home the next day.  I think it could be fun.  I do realize that not everyone could do it because of distance.  However, most of us might if we set a place, date, and had a YEAR to plan for it.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5505
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Look Who I Got To Meet!   Look Who I Got To Meet! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 11:23 am

Look Who I Got To Meet! Mt_27756
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Look Who I Got To Meet!   Look Who I Got To Meet! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 1:12 pm

Putting it that far west really puts a stopper on most anyone east of the Mississippi traveling there for a quick meetup.  For me, that's not that long of a flight, but it would take a couple of days to drive it.  If we could meet up someplace centrally located for most of us, we might get a few more takers.  I was thinking Arkansas or Kansas.  We'd be pretty much smack dab in the middle.

Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2553
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Look Who I Got To Meet!   Look Who I Got To Meet! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 1:15 pm

I'm up for a get together, within decent driving distance.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Look Who I Got To Meet!   Look Who I Got To Meet! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 1:31 pm

Anywhere but Iowa . . . . they don't know how to make tacos there  Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Look Who I Got To Meet!   Look Who I Got To Meet! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 3:09 pm

I live so far away that it doesn't matter where we do it, I will likely need to fly.  Just pick a place and give plenty of time to plan.

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Look Who I Got To Meet!   Look Who I Got To Meet! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 3:46 pm

Adam made a pretty cool google map on CMR with everyone's locations (with their permission, of course).  It could be helpful if someone made a similar map here.  Then we could see where most people are and might be able to visualize better.

Also, I'm guessing with Jim's condition, flying or driving for any distance might be out of the question for him.  Perhaps meeting somewhere close to him would be ideal.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Look Who I Got To Meet!   Look Who I Got To Meet! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 3:49 pm

Quote :
Also, I'm guessing with Jim's condition, flying or driving for any distance might be out of the question for him.  Perhaps meeting somewhere close to him would be ideal.

You would also have to factor in the extra costs for those coming from far away for that.  California is an expensive flight for me and at least a three day drive.  Hardkore is in L.A. (lower Alabama) and MikeInFla is in, well, Florida.  You have Andre up in Canada.

This isn't going to be an easy thing to put together.

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Look Who I Got To Meet!   Look Who I Got To Meet! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 4:38 pm

Yup that's why I was suggesting we put together a map of everyone and go from there.  Maybe we have a few "regional" CHM meet-ups: one in the south, one in the north, etc.!
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3869

PostSubject: Re: Look Who I Got To Meet!   Look Who I Got To Meet! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 8:58 pm

kerrick wrote:
Everyone arrive in SoCal July 31 THIS summer for the party.  Wink

alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Look Who I Got To Meet!   Look Who I Got To Meet! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 11:21 pm

I can't.  I have to return to school on July 30.  Students start on Aug. 1.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Look Who I Got To Meet!   Look Who I Got To Meet! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 7:18 am

I think this meeting is only for the CHM members in the USA.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9927
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Look Who I Got To Meet!   Look Who I Got To Meet! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 1:30 pm

While I think everyone getting together is a nice thought, idea, intention... I think it's near impossible. Heck I couldn't even get all of ya to send me a picture for the virtual "CHM meeting" pictures I photoshopped !  Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing  

Look Who I Got To Meet! Chmpic10

Look Who I Got To Meet! Chm_2_10
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Look Who I Got To Meet!   Look Who I Got To Meet! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 7:19 am

rockerVu2 wrote:
I think this meeting is only for the CHM members in the USA.

Again, that depends on where/when it happens.  If we could get this planned out for NEXT YEAR, you might could do it.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Look Who I Got To Meet!   Look Who I Got To Meet! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 8:39 am

Next year my husband I I hope it's possible to visit my husband's Canadian family.
Some family members are around Vancouver. I hope the distance between Kalispere MT and Vancouver is not to far.
California would be to far for us.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Look Who I Got To Meet!   Look Who I Got To Meet! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Look Who I Got To Meet!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next