Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Has anyone had, dare I ask, snow yet?

Go down 
+2
Xid
alldatndensum
6 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Has anyone had, dare I ask, snow yet? Empty
PostSubject: Has anyone had, dare I ask, snow yet?   Has anyone had, dare I ask, snow yet? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 25, 2023 11:57 am

Fortunately for middle Tennessee, snow this yearly doesn't usually happen.  I am okay with getting just enough to close school for a few days here and there but still be able to get out and do things that are fun, or stay home and work on new music of which I have plenty to do!

Have any of you seen snowfall yet?  Anything measurable?

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone had, dare I ask, snow yet?   Has anyone had, dare I ask, snow yet? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 25, 2023 12:18 pm

No snow in East Tennessee either.  We got 1 day of it last year the day after Christmas.  I do miss snow during Christmas, but I don't miss it that much.

alldatndensum likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3118
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone had, dare I ask, snow yet?   Has anyone had, dare I ask, snow yet? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 25, 2023 12:53 pm

We had an inch on Halloween! It was very strange standing out in the snow handing out candy to freezing kids! Supposed to get some Lake Effect snow starting tomorrow and lasting 3 days for a total of 18 inches. I love it!!!!

Staybrite and Xid like this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone had, dare I ask, snow yet?   Has anyone had, dare I ask, snow yet? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 25, 2023 3:02 pm

Xid wrote:
No snow in East Tennessee either.  We got 1 day of it last year the day after Christmas.  I do miss snow during Christmas, but I don't miss it that much.

I could count on one hand how many times we have had a White Christmas.

It would be harder to count when I could run around outside in short sleeves or just a thin wind breaker.  I like it this way.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

MikeInFla and Xid like this post

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone had, dare I ask, snow yet?   Has anyone had, dare I ask, snow yet? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2023 7:45 am

We're getting snow this week.
I'm not sure it stays for some day.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23430
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone had, dare I ask, snow yet?   Has anyone had, dare I ask, snow yet? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2023 3:13 pm

No snow for me! 
But it is a frigid 68 degrees right now!   Laughing

MikeInFla and Xid like this post

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone had, dare I ask, snow yet?   Has anyone had, dare I ask, snow yet? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2023 5:09 pm

Getting some now. Although they changed to total from 18 inches to a measly 2 inches! I want the good stuff!

topshot rhit likes this post

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone had, dare I ask, snow yet?   Has anyone had, dare I ask, snow yet? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 01, 2023 10:04 pm

I'm with Staybrite, enjoying 70 degree weather right now

Staybrite and Xid like this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone had, dare I ask, snow yet?   Has anyone had, dare I ask, snow yet? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 02, 2023 3:24 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
Getting some now. Although they changed to total from 18 inches to a measly 2 inches! I want the good stuff!

Eighteen inches of snow would cripple middle Tennessee.  We don't get that much snow for the entire winter, so we don't have the resources to deal with it.  We don't need to put on the snow tires, and using chains isn't really possible either as it would ruin your tires.  I NEVER want to see that much snow here as long as I live!

I have seen 4 feet of snow, but that was one year when I had to pick him up a couple of hours south of Chicago for Christmas one year.  I got into Kentucky and snow had dusted the ground in the southern half.  There was maybe a couple of inches on the ground in the northern part.  Once I crossed the Illinois state line, every mile had more and more.  I was blown away as I had never experienced that before.  It is an experience I can definitely live without.

Bring on the days where we get 1-2 inches, and then the sun comes out and clears the main highways.  That way, I can get a couple of days off of school and can enjoy myself.   lol!

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone had, dare I ask, snow yet?   Has anyone had, dare I ask, snow yet? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2023 7:33 am

We're getting snow tonight.
Not fun when you have to go by bicycle to the house of my son to take care for the little men.
I hope I can get there safe.

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone had, dare I ask, snow yet?   Has anyone had, dare I ask, snow yet? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2023 6:15 am

The 
alldatndensum wrote:
MikeInFla wrote:

Eighteen inches of snow would cripple middle Tennessee.  We don't get that much snow for the entire winter, so we don't have the resources to deal with it.  We don't need to put on the snow tires, and using chains isn't really possible either as it would ruin your tires.  I NEVER want to see that much snow here as long as I live!

I have seen 4 feet of snow, but that was one year when I had to pick him up a couple of hours south of Chicago for Christmas one year.  I got into Kentucky and snow had dusted the ground in the southern half.  There was maybe a couple of inches on the ground in the northern part.  Once I crossed the Illinois state line, every mile had more and more.  I was blown away as I had never experienced that before.  It is an experience I can definitely live without.

Bring on the days where we get 1-2 inches, and then the sun comes out and clears the main highways.  That way, I can get a couple of days off of school and can enjoy myself.   lol!
They usually don’t cancel school here for snow. Only ice. And the city is always prepared. Salt trucks and plows so the roads are usually clear, at least all the main roads. 

I lived in Michigan when I was a kid and remember huge snow storms. I have a brother who stayedin  Michigan after we moved and I recently asked him if it snows as much as it used to. He said no. As a kid I remember snow in late Nov and once it snowed it never melted all winter. He said over the last 25 years there has been less snow. But I still like to get the big ones! As long as you have front wheel drive there is no need for chains or snow tires (as far as I can tell).

We may get an inch or two this week but I’m still ready for a big one lol!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone had, dare I ask, snow yet?   Has anyone had, dare I ask, snow yet? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Has anyone had, dare I ask, snow yet?
Page 1 of 1