Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+6
Xid
Hardkore
Staybrite
MikeInFla
Normaniac
alldatndensum
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5331
Registration date : 2007-05-04

Random Ramblings - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 15, 2023 11:53 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
I gotta say summer in Michigan sure beats the Florida heat! Haven’t used the AC much here and if we were still in Florida we would’ve had it on nonstop since March. We’ve had a few warm days in the upper 80’s but with no humidity it doesn’t feel as hot as Florida. Lately it’s been in the mid 70’s during the day and around 55 at night. Perfect weather for the windows to be open!

We love it here! Oldest daughter has only been here a month and she admits she is having a hard time adjusting to life so far away from where she grew up. She left all her friends behind. I told her we all had to adjust last year when we moved here and that it was particularly hard on her middle school aged sister because she can’t just hop in a car and drive somewhere to explore. And it was hard on me starting a new job and having to fake it til I make it as I didn’t adapt to work as fast as I thought I would. 

Anyway, summer is nice here and can’t wait for fall! Such pretty colors on the leaves!
I didn't realise how far Michigan is from Florida.  I've heard of lots of places in the USA, and know where a number of them are, but I wasn't sure where Michigan was at all.  It's like me driving from where I live to Scotland - twice three times!!

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3120
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 16, 2023 2:54 am

Fundy wrote:
MikeInFla wrote:
I gotta say summer in Michigan sure beats the Florida heat! Haven’t used the AC much here and if we were still in Florida we would’ve had it on nonstop since March. We’ve had a few warm days in the upper 80’s but with no humidity it doesn’t feel as hot as Florida. Lately it’s been in the mid 70’s during the day and around 55 at night. Perfect weather for the windows to be open!

We love it here! Oldest daughter has only been here a month and she admits she is having a hard time adjusting to life so far away from where she grew up. She left all her friends behind. I told her we all had to adjust last year when we moved here and that it was particularly hard on her middle school aged sister because she can’t just hop in a car and drive somewhere to explore. And it was hard on me starting a new job and having to fake it til I make it as I didn’t adapt to work as fast as I thought I would. 

Anyway, summer is nice here and can’t wait for fall! Such pretty colors on the leaves!
I didn't realise how far Michigan is from Florida.  I've heard of lots of places in the USA, and know where a number of them are, but I wasn't sure where Michigan was at all.  It's like me driving from where I live to Scotland - twice three times!!
Yes, it I quite a drive! Over 16 hours nonstop. I know you use kilometers there but in US terms it is 997 miles from my old driveway in Florida to my driveway in Michigan. Florida is about as far south as you can get in the eastern US and now we are only a couple of hours from Canada!

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23473
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 16, 2023 9:10 am

I have a lot of travel for the next little bit!

Today, I am going down to Huntsville, AL for the Gridiron conference.  It is a Christian men's conference much like the Women of Joy.  They are put on by the same organization, actually.  I will get home Saturday afternoon.  I will have to unpack, wash, and then pack again for Florida.  We leave Sunday afternoon after church and will spend the week before our 35 anniversary soaking up some sun for a luxurious week!

After SLOWLY getting the room at church cleaned out, drywall ceiling down, and now all the screws out of the beams above, we are ready for a plumber and an electrician to do their magic before we can start doing anything else.  I will deal with all that when I get back!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2023 7:53 pm

I had a great time at Gridiron.  It was cool to hear Dr. David Jeremiah speak.  He is so knowledgeable in the word of God.

My favorite speaker, though, was Rick Burgess from the Rick & Bubba show.  He has made a life of being a comedian but also is working to empower men to be true Christ following disciples.  He has some great studies for individuals at www.themanchurch.com .

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 18, 2023 3:25 am

Good to hear you've had a great time at Gridon.

I hope the week at Florida will be an enjoy week for you both.
Wow, celebrating your 35th anniversary will be awesome.

Our anniversay will be June 26th.
But there's no anniversary to celebrate this year.
That's hard.
There are coming some rough days for me.
June 20th, Aart's birthday.
and our anniversary on June 26th.

Staybrite, Fundy and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 24, 2023 11:44 pm

We have a young fox in our garden who sometimes tries to get in our house.

He also leaves us presents on the lawn.  These include...

A pair of toddler shoes (put next to each other in the right order!)
A workmans glove
A random bone
A tea towel
A small golf ball
An action man

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 25, 2023 5:45 am

MikeInFla wrote:

We just spent a week near your old stompin' grounds.  We went back to Ft. Walton and Destin.  It never hit 90 degrees.  Of course, the humidity made it feel like it was 103 according to my weather app.  There is quite a bit of tropical activity, so it was windy enough that there was a constant rip current keeping people from getting in the water.  If you did, the beach lifeguards were quick to run you out.  On Friday, they had several people disobeying.  They had to rescue 5 people at the same time who got pulled out and couldn't get back in!  It was quite exciting.  Luckily, all five were rescued.  If you wanted to swim or chill on a float, you had to go to the pool.  It was quite nice!

Of course, the heat and humidity is the same as it is in Tennessee.

Staybrite and MikeInFla like this post

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 25, 2023 10:10 am

Gotta say I don’t miss that heat or the tropical weather. Don’t miss that area at all.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 25, 2023 10:12 am

Fundy wrote:
We have a young fox in our garden who sometimes tries to get in our house.

He also leaves us presents on the lawn.  These include...

A pair of toddler shoes (put next to each other in the right order!)
A workmans glove
A random bone
A tea towel
A small golf ball
An action man

That is crazy.  You have your own pet fox!  Is he gray or red?

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2564
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 25, 2023 11:00 am

Yeah, for the most part (except when doing yard work) I tend to stay inside during the summer. Not only because of the heat and humidity but also mosquitoes.

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 28, 2023 1:54 am

alldatndensum wrote:
MikeInFla wrote:

We just spent a week near your old stompin' grounds.  We went back to Ft. Walton and Destin.  It never hit 90 degrees.  Of course, the humidity made it feel like it was 103 according to my weather app.  There is quite a bit of tropical activity, so it was windy enough that there was a constant rip current keeping people from getting in the water.  If you did, the beach lifeguards were quick to run you out.  On Friday, they had several people disobeying.  They had to rescue 5 people at the same time who got pulled out and couldn't get back in!  It was quite exciting.  Luckily, all five were rescued.  If you wanted to swim or chill on a float, you had to go to the pool.  It was quite nice!

Of course, the heat and humidity is the same as it is in Tennessee.
I keep getting alerts on my phone for Panama City and the Panhandle. News and weather alerts. I read where 39 rescues were conducted in 5 hours and 5 people drowned including NFL quarterback Ryan Mallet. All I can say is red flags are there for a reason. Those rip currents are nothing to play around with, they will pull you out very fast.

Staybrite and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 29, 2023 9:47 am

Wildfire smoke is unreal! It was worse yesterday but today is still very hazy. Air Quality at 185. Yesterday it was 238. No end in site to the fires in Canada.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 29, 2023 2:07 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
Wildfire smoke is unreal! It was worse yesterday but today is still very hazy. Air Quality at 185. Yesterday it was 238. No end in site to the fires in Canada.

I have family in the Milwaukee area who are suffering through the same thing right now. 
The last two summers we were in Washington we suffered through the same.  Heavy wildfire smoke from Canada and no air-conditioning in most houses.  We just had to choke our way through it with burning eyes and sore throats.  It really sucks, because there is pretty much nothing you can do to avoid it.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 29, 2023 7:30 pm

I got to be an extra in a limited TV show yesterday.  I will be in a show called "County Rescue" that will air on Pure Flix!

I got paid, had lunch on them, and got to meet all the cast.  I didn't know how well known they were, either.

Staybrite, Fundy, MikeInFla and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 30, 2023 8:59 am

alldatndensum wrote:
I got to be an extra in a limited TV show yesterday.  I will be in a show called "County Rescue" that will air on Pure Flix!

I got paid, had lunch on them, and got to meet all the cast.  I didn't know how well known they were, either.

Oh wow, super cool!  Now you and Fundy both are tv/movie stars!

alldatndensum and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 30, 2023 9:47 am

alldatndensum wrote:

Awesome!  Let us know when it's on. (Not that I can watch it, but hey!)

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 30, 2023 7:11 pm

Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

Oh wow, super cool!  Now you and Fundy both are tv/movie stars!

I already was a movie star!  You can see the back of my balding head in the theater scene in "Billy-the Early Years".  If you haven't seen it, it is a movie about the early years of Billy Graham's ministry starring Armies Hammer.

Staybrite, MikeInFla and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 01, 2023 5:52 pm

Sounds like fun!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1450
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 01, 2023 7:43 pm

I had my brief claim to fame in Summer 93 during the Midwestern floods. Guess I made it to national TV, although I never saw it.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 02, 2023 4:59 am

I'm so glad the hard June days are over now.
Father's Day, My husband's birthday and our anniversary.
The most rough and hard day is in August.

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 03, 2023 1:00 am

Sorry for what you are going through.  Life is hard sometimes.  I do make sure I think and prayer for you.  I hope you will know God's presence, and that you will know he is close to your side.

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

rockerVu2 and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1450
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 03, 2023 3:11 am

Yvonne, we're all sending you long-distance virtual hugs!  You Rock

Staybrite and rockerVu2 like this post

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 06, 2023 1:49 pm

We were all sitting down in the living room yesterday, and then my wife's phone pinged in the kitchen.
She got up and went to the kitchen.
It was from me.
I'd sent her a message which said... "While you're there, can you get me a drink."

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Staybrite, MikeInFla, Xid and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 06, 2023 2:35 pm

lol!
You're lucky if you didn't get it served in your face!   Razz

MikeInFla likes this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 06, 2023 3:26 pm

Fundy wrote:
We were all sitting down in the living room yesterday, and then my wife's phone pinged in the kitchen.
She got up and went to the kitchen.
It was from me.
I'd sent her a message which said... "While you're there, can you get me a drink."

Oooo snap!  (remember back when people said that....  Laughing)

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next