Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+6
Xid
Hardkore
Staybrite
MikeInFla
Normaniac
alldatndensum
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2564
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Random Ramblings - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 05, 2023 3:48 pm

Well some people like seeing movies on the big screen. Especially if they have a fairly small screen at home.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 06, 2023 2:21 pm

Hardkore wrote:
Well some people like seeing movies on the big screen. Especially if they have a fairly small screen at home.

I've watched a few of those Fathom Events re-showings and they really cool on the big screen.  Saw The Princess Bride, as well as Galaxy Quest and even Meet Me In St Louis (which I'd never seen before).  I've seen at least two or three others as well (just can't remember them off the top of my head).  Right before the film and industry insider gives a 5-15 minute speech talking about some interesting trivia about the making of the film, then they show the original version.  Really cool stuff, I'd like to get back into catching one or two a year.

Hardkore likes this post

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3120
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 20, 2023 7:13 am

Currently in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan for a well needed vacation. It’s been rainy but still awesome. We are going to Mackinac Island today. It’s accessible by ferry and there are no cars there! Only horse and buggy! Will be a lot of fun and a lot of things to explore.

alldatndensum, Staybrite, Hardkore and Xid like this post

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 22, 2023 4:44 am

Last Sunday we went to the big city. My son ran a marathon there. We went with him to support him. He's finished. We are so very proud of him.

Staybrite and Xid like this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 22, 2023 12:02 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
Last Sunday we went to the big city. My son ran a marathon there. We went with him to support him. He's finished. We are so very proud of him.

That is amazing!  I hope it wasn't too cold for everyone waiting for him to finish.

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 22, 2023 12:03 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
Currently in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan for a well needed vacation. It’s been rainy but still awesome. We are going to Mackinac Island today. It’s accessible by ferry and there are no cars there! Only horse and buggy! Will be a lot of fun and a lot of things to explore.

That sounds like a lot of fun.  I hope you had a great time, let's see some pictures!

MikeInFla likes this post

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 28, 2023 1:50 pm

Whenever I see this album cover I hear That Smell by Lynyrd Skynyrd:

Random Ramblings - Page 5 Warner10
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 29, 2023 8:10 am

It seems my life is getting more complicated with 2 and a half days taking care of my little men.
It's not only taking care on the little men, I've to do things in the house too.
Most things I've to do alone.
See if I can find a painter who's  able to paint the house.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 29, 2023 4:59 pm

Staybrite wrote:
MikeInFla wrote:

That sounds like a lot of fun.  I hope you had a great time, let's see some pictures!
I’ll try and get some posted.

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 02, 2023 5:34 am

Well had to do the inevitable yesterday. Had to put down our 17 year old cat. Was tough but it was his time. We got him for our daughter when she was in kindergarten and now she’s in grad school. That’s a long time! He went peacefully as I was there with him. Tough on the whole family because after 17 years it’s a tough situation.

Staybrite and Hardkore like this post

Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1451
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 03, 2023 8:15 am

Sorry, man. I know firsthand how a cat can change your family dynamic. Prayers for you.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23473
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 03, 2023 5:25 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
Well had to do the inevitable yesterday. Had to put down our 17 year old cat. Was tough but it was his time. We got him for our daughter when she was in kindergarten and now she’s in grad school. That’s a long time! He went peacefully as I was there with him. Tough on the whole family because after 17 years it’s a tough situation.

We had to do the same thing with our 19 1/2 year old cat 4 years ago.  I spent more time with her than I did most people.  I have never had such a hard time with the death of a pet, but Callie was my baby.

Now, I have 2 that are equally as spoiled and are my babies.  I seem to be the "cat whisperer" in our home.  LOL

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 05, 2023 5:31 am

This week was full with extreme weather.

On Monday evening heavy rain. (I had to go through it.)
On Tuesday a big thunderstorm
On Thursday a storm.

Speaking of climate change.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 05, 2023 8:50 pm

Some of you might have seen on my bookface page that I let Mrs Staybrite talk me into taking off several days last week and heading to the Palm Springs/Palm Desert area of Southern California to see KISS perform one last time.  It was a really good show, and a really good venue.  It was our second time seeing the band.  The first time was back in 1985 (it was her first concert ever).

Random Ramblings - Page 5 20231110

Fundy, Hardkore and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2023 6:08 am

This week have had some rough days for me.

Staybrite and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2023 6:05 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
This week have had some rough days for me.

Very sorry to hear this.  Praying for you sister.

rockerVu2 and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 31, 2023 6:06 am

The rough December days are almost over.
Christmas we have celebrated with the kid and grandkids. That's has been so good.
Now only New Years Eve.
On the first day of the New Year the kids and grandkids are coming for supper. We order Italian food.

Staybrite and Xid like this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 02, 2024 1:00 pm

I spent New Years Eve on the couch with my wife...I fell asleep around 11:30pm.  Laughing

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 02, 2024 2:16 pm

New Years Eve we went to see Zoolumination at the Nashville Zoo.  We got home early and we're asleep before 11 PM.  I don't care about the music on the big countdown shows, so why start off the year watching something I couldn't care less about?

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2024 4:20 pm

I entered an online sweepstakes from Pepsi this summer.  I won a $500 Cabela's gift card!

I found what I wanted to purchase with it.  I have always liked the look of a .38 special.  So, I ordered one and finally got to pick it up today as Nashville's Bass Pro Shop.  I got the gun, a holster, my background check, and a box of 100 bullets and ended up spending $.50 out of pocket!  This is my guilt-free man toy.

Guilty/Forgiven, kerrick and Xid like this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2024 4:27 pm

Random Ramblings - Page 5 Img_2085

Guilty/Forgiven, Xid and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 04, 2024 3:26 pm

Nice!  Let me know how well it shoots for you.  For some reason I really want one of those Tarus Judge pistols.  They seem like they would be horribly inaccurate, but something about a pistol that shoots 410 shotgun shells just seems like fun to me.

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 04, 2024 10:33 pm

Can't have another gun until the grandkids are grown.  Mad Hope we don't get mugged until then  Laughing

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 05, 2024 12:22 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Can't have another gun until the grandkids are grown.  Mad Hope we don't get mugged until then  Laughing

lol!

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 06, 2024 6:16 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Nice!  Let me know how well it shoots for you.  For some reason I really want one of those Tarus Judge pistols.  They seem like they would be horribly inaccurate, but something about a pistol that shoots 410 shotgun shells just seems like fun to me.

My brother used to have one but sold it years ago.  I just wish that he sold it to me!

It was a fun gun to shoot.  Of course, it took a different caliber bullet, but it shot more than just the 410 shotgun shell.  I remember being able to hit a target from a reasonable distance with it.  I don't remember it having a lot of recoil, either.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next