Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Favorite Saint Album

Go down 
+2
alldatndensum
Pethead
6 posters

Favorite Saint Album
Warriors of the Son (OG or re-record)
Favorite Saint Album  I_vote_lcap0%Favorite Saint Album  I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Time’s End
Favorite Saint Album  I_vote_lcap63%Favorite Saint Album  I_vote_rcap
 63% [ 5 ]
Too Late for Living
 0% [ 0 ]
The Perfect Life
 0% [ 0 ]
In the Battle
Favorite Saint Album  I_vote_lcap13%Favorite Saint Album  I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 1 ]
The Mark/The Revelation
 13% [ 1 ]
Crime Scene Earth (OG or 2.0)
 0% [ 0 ]
Hell Blade
 13% [ 1 ]
Desperate Night
 0% [ 0 ]
Broad is the Gate
 0% [ 0 ]
The Calf
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
Pethead

Pethead

Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2021-01-30

Favorite Saint Album  Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Saint Album    Favorite Saint Album  I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2022 5:46 pm

One of the best Christian metal bands ever! What’s your favorite?

For me, it’s Time’s End. I love almost everything they’ve done, but Time’s End is just perfect.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint Album    Favorite Saint Album  I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2022 7:00 pm

In the Battle is the album that got me into Saint.  It is still my favorite.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Pethead

Pethead

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint Album    Favorite Saint Album  I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2022 7:01 pm

In the Battle was a great comeback. We just don’t talk about the original album cover…

alldatndensum likes this post

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint Album    Favorite Saint Album  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2022 4:00 am

The Mark is my favourite (I don't have the Revelation update, which is probably a shame.)  Too Late comes in second.

To be honest, with the exception of The Perfect Life, they're all really consistent.  The Perfect Life is actually pretty good too, it just needed Josh on vocals.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3123
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint Album    Favorite Saint Album  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2022 11:36 am

Fundy wrote:
The Mark is my favourite (I don't have the Revelation update, which is probably a shame.)  Too Late comes in second.

To be honest, with the exception of The Perfect Life, they're all really consistent.  The Perfect Life is actually pretty good too, it just needed Josh on vocals.
You need Revelation, it sounds so much better.

Time's End for me on the poll but everything since In The Battle has been top notch. I really enjoyed The Calf. Need to listen to it again, it's been a while.

They should've had a follow up out already by now.

Fundy likes this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint Album    Favorite Saint Album  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2022 11:50 am

Fundy wrote:

I didn't mind the lack of Josh on it.  The weakness of that album was the overly simplistic drum programming.  It killed the songs.

I wish they would have redone all those songs with a full band.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Fundy likes this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint Album    Favorite Saint Album  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2022 3:12 pm

Ridiculously difficult band for me to pick a favorite album.

Hell Blade, Too Late For Living, Times End and In The Battle are all amazing albums IMHO.   Any one of them could be a favorite for me.  (although I picked Hell Blade for this poll).  I haven't been horribly disappointed by much of their music with the exception of "The Perfect Life".  And I probably still would like that one if the band had called themselves something other than Saint.

Fundy and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint Album    Favorite Saint Album  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2022 3:15 pm

Mike, you're making me think!  Maybe I should add The Revelation to my wish list...

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.

Staybrite and MikeInFla like this post

Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5525
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint Album    Favorite Saint Album  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2022 7:33 pm

Time's End is my favorite thus far but I have to admit, I haven't listened to anything after The Perfect Life.  No sir, I don't like it.  Removed it from my catalog.  I just haven't taken the time to go back and get their newer stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint Album    Favorite Saint Album  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2022 9:18 am

Xid wrote:
Time's End is my favorite thus far but I have to admit, I haven't listened to anything after The Perfect Life.  No sir, I don't like it.  Removed it from my catalog.  I just haven't taken the time to go back and get their newer stuff.

Don't let the one EP spoil the rest.  They did a full return to form after that and kept hammering down on the classic feel.  With the new singer, they have touched on a European power metal feel at times while still sounding totally like Saint.

What I haven't done is buy every reissue.  I did do Crime Scene Earth 2.0 because I didn't like the original vocals and the band brought in Josh Kramer to redo them.  It made the album SO much better.

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pethead

Pethead

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint Album    Favorite Saint Album  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2022 9:29 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Xid wrote:

Don't let the one EP spoil the rest.  They did a full return to form after that and kept hammering down on the classic feel.  With the new singer, they have touched on a European power metal feel at times while still sounding totally like Saint.

What I haven't done is buy every reissue.  I did do Crime Scene Earth 2.0 because I didn't like the original vocals and the band brought in Josh Kramer to redo them.  It made the album SO much better.
I haven’t bought all the reissues, either. I rarely do that even with favorite bands. I did buy 2.0, but that was the only one.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint Album    Favorite Saint Album  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2022 9:36 am

Fundy wrote:
Mike, you're making me think!  Maybe I should add The Revelation to my wish list...

The Mark was probably my least favorite of the "modern" Josh fronted Saint albums, but when they took the master tapes and remixed and remastered them into The Mark it greatly improved the album.  I think I have The Mark on CD and got The Revelation on MP3.  
I ended up doing the same with Crime Scene Earth, I got the original on CD and bought the MP3 of 2.0 (with Josh singing all the songs).  So I don't have double CDs of either album, yet I only listen to the updated MP3 albums.

Fundy likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint Album    Favorite Saint Album  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Saint Album
Page 1 of 1