Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Favorite Saint album.

Go down 
+13
Mac
StarPilot
LRW
MikeInFla
rockerVu2
alldatndensum
Hardkore
Fundy
Follower of Jesus
Dynamis
Through The Dark Radio
Staybrite
Redeemed Fool
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

Favorite Saint album.  Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Saint album.    Favorite Saint album.  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 2:59 pm

It had been Too Late for Living for the longest time but I realized recently I like Hell Blade better. It's the perfect workout album.
You?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint album.    Favorite Saint album.  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 4:05 pm

I came to listen to Saint much later than most fans (It was back when In The Battle was their latest release). For several years ITB was my favorite but I think I would have to go with Hell Blade now too, it is a superb album.

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint album.    Favorite Saint album.  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 5:00 pm

While I love all of their newer albums, Times End is still my favorite.

I wonder if anyone would say The Perfect Life is their favorite Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint album.    Favorite Saint album.  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 5:19 pm

This is a tough one...

From the eighties material I would say "Too Late For Living".

In terms of the comeback releases I would say "The Revelation", although "Hell Blade" is quite good as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint album.    Favorite Saint album.  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 5:41 pm

Time's End

I love the last couple of records, and I can't wait to hear the new one with Brian on vocals, but Time's End is still the best Saint album for me. And it's not nostalgia as I never heard Saint until about 2002. I just love the songs on that album, and the production is top notch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint album.    Favorite Saint album.  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 6:57 pm

I haven't listened to anything after Too Late so my fav is Time's End.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint album.    Favorite Saint album.  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 2:45 am

Too Late For Living is probably my favourite, along with The Mark.  However they're all pretty good and In The Battle and Warrior Of The Son 2004 always suprise me at how good they are.  Hell Blade is great too... oh I don't know!

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2564
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint album.    Favorite Saint album.  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 8:41 am

Dare I say it, I still haven't heard any album from Saint. The only song from them I have heard is the one on the Heaven's Metal Collection.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint album.    Favorite Saint album.  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 8:59 am

I tired to get into Saint way back when I first discovered Christian metal.  There was just something I just didn't like.  I couldn't put my finger on it.  When I started trying to regain my collection on CD, I just didn't bother with their early works.

Then, "In The Battle" came out.  I bought it some unknown reason, but I was instantly hooked!  It was a bit more diverse than their first two albums both musically and lyrically.  Awesome stuff! It has been my favorite for many years....but no more.

I must say that "Desperate Night" is now my favorite.  The diversity on ITB is on DN as well.  I like having two singers.  Some of the songs, while still metal, are just different.  I love what they did with that and hope they continue to experiment with their sound and not focus so much on end time's prophecy as they did on their earlier works.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16575
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint album.    Favorite Saint album.  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 10:37 am

Had problems to really like Saint.
My favorite Saint album is "In The Battle".
It's better now, but I'm not a true Saint fan.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3123
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint album.    Favorite Saint album.  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 4:24 pm

Time's End for me but I really enjoy Hell Blade and Desperate Night (Desperate Night a little more than Hell Blade). I bought Time's End on cassette when it was new back in the day. Too Late For Living is just OK for me. Not bad, but not great. It reminds me too much of "Turbo" by Judas Priest. Something about it has a very slick production sound.... And I still like Crime Scene Earth but strangely I enjoy the original version better than 2.0. 

Really, the only weak ones are The Perfect Life and Live 05. They seem to be a great band live but something about that CD mix doesn't sound right.

Can't wait for more new Saint, I e-mailed Rich last month and he said the reissue of WOS 04 will be coming very soon as will a new project but he seemed to be very discouraged by illegal downloads of Desperate Night. I don't know how many it sold but I have a feeling it sold poorly mainly to a lot of illegal downloads which is unfortunate because the last 2 Saint albums have been fantastic.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint album.    Favorite Saint album.  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 4:27 pm

Hardkore wrote:
Dare I say it, I still haven't heard any album from Saint. The only song from them I have heard is the one on the Heaven's Metal Collection.
Here's one from Hell Blade

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint album.    Favorite Saint album.  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 4:28 pm

Back to top Go down
LRW

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2013-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint album.    Favorite Saint album.  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 5:17 pm

I enjoyed "The Mark", or "The Revelation", whatever you prefer. Although, I've got to admit it has sentimental value, because it was the only disc I listened to while I painted my daughter's room... I needed it to offset all that pink paint!  Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz
Back to top Go down
StarPilot

StarPilot

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2013-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint album.    Favorite Saint album.  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 6:57 pm

Too Late For Living is by far my favorite.  Of course, my handle is StarPilot.......
Back to top Go down
Mac

Number of posts : 480

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint album.    Favorite Saint album.  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 8:50 pm

Too Late was my fave but I love Desperate Night!
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint album.    Favorite Saint album.  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 11:12 pm

The Perfect Life is not a Saint album. Just sayin'.  Suspect
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint album.    Favorite Saint album.  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 8:17 am

It was an attempt, however.  I would still like to hear the current band redo "The Runner".  That was an awesome song that just didn't sound quite finished.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint album.    Favorite Saint album.  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 11:44 am

I'd be interested in the current band redoing some of those songs in more the classic Saint style.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint album.    Favorite Saint album.  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 12:38 pm

If I absolutely had to pick one Saint album, it would be Time's End. As mentioned, it has killer production and riffs.

However, The Revelation is a close second. "Bowls Of Wrath" alone makes the album great for me.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint album.    Favorite Saint album.  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 9:26 am

Redeemed Fool wrote:
The Perfect Life is not a Saint album. Just sayin'.  Suspect

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint album.    Favorite Saint album.  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 2:12 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
It was an attempt, however.  I would still like to hear the current band redo "The Runner".  That was an awesome song that just didn't sound quite finished.

Yeah, I would love to hear that too. I know some people were disappointed in "To Live Forever" being re-done but I loved it! a million times better than the original and it now sounds like a Saint tune.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint album.    Favorite Saint album.  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 3:40 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

Yeah, I would love to hear that too. I know some people were disappointed in "To Live Forever" being re-done but I loved it! a million times better than the original and it now sounds like a Saint tune.

I agree it was cool to hear Josh sing that with the band playing it more in a classic Saint style. I actually think the album is better than a ton a stuff I hear from garage bands, it just doesn't stack up well next to the rest of the band's catalog.

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint album.    Favorite Saint album.  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 3:11 pm

Hell Blade I'd have to say.....  Yes I bought WOS new back in the day and played the grooves off of TE.... but Hell Blade is perhaps their most consistent I think....

However my favorite song is THROUGH THE NIGHT off of TLFL.....   That song is a pure face melter reminscient of JPriests Freewheel Burning....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
IM4given

IM4given

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2012-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint album.    Favorite Saint album.  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 11:49 pm

Top 3 faves would be Time's End, Revelation (re-issue of the century), and Hell Blade.  Imo, nothing has topped the heaviness of Time's End.  Funny, I didn't put Too Late For living in there.  I'm always playing that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint album.    Favorite Saint album.  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Saint album.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next