Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Favorite Saint song from each album

Go down 
+3
Hardkore
Fundy
Staybrite
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Favorite Saint song from each album  Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Saint song from each album    Favorite Saint song from each album  I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 7:24 pm

Ok, I’m sure Fundy and Hardkore both will have had better success with their threads on Bride and the Rez Band. But I really like this idea and I'm gonna try it with Saint. So post your favorite Saint song for each album.

Warriors of the Son 1984 (and rerecorded 2004) - "Plan 2" is my favorite, but the self-titled track is really cool too. I just dig the groove on this tune, and love the lyrics "Let's give glory to the King, He conquered death and hell to set his people free"

Times End - "Through You" (fantastic melody), but I really like "Island Prisoner", "Phantom of the Galaxy" and "Steel Killer" too. Probably my favorite "classic" Saint album.

Too Late For Living“Too Late For Living” is my favorite track from this album, but I also like “The War is Over”. Again another fantastic classis Saint album.

The Perfect Life“The Runner”, probably my least played album from Saint. It’s not that it is a bad album, it just sounds almost nothing like Saint (different singer, different style). I would love to hear some of these songs rerecorded with Josh on vocals and in their current “heavy” style.

In the Battle“Here We Are” love the strong chorus on this track. “In the Battle” and “Ryders” are also fantastic tracks. This was my first Saint album, and I was hooked at first listen.

The Mark“He Reigns”, I actually didn’t like this album the first time I heard it. But after letting it sit for a year and replaying it, I found a new appreciation for it. Still far from my favorite album, but it still gets frequent play.

Crime Scene Earth“Crime Scene Earth”, but I also really dig “Everlasting God”, “The Judas in Me” and their cover of “Invaders”. I don’t have the re-voxed version with Josh on all the vocals, but I have heard all the tracks, and I have to confess I think I like the original version with Rich on most of the vocals better.

Hell Blade“To the Cross”, tough to pick a favorite from this fantastic album. I also really like “Crying in the Night”, “SinnerPeace”, but in all honesty I don’t think there is a bad song on this album.

Fundy

Number of posts : 5331
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint song from each album    Favorite Saint song from each album  I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 6:10 am

Warriors of the Son 1984 (and rerecorded 2004) - Well, what can I say but copy and paste Staybrites comment, as that pretty much sums up what I think of the rerecorded album............"Plan 2" is my favorite, but the self-titled track is really cool too. I just dig the groove on this tune, and love the lyrics "Let's give glory to the King, He conquered death and hell to set his people free"

Times End - I hardly ever listen to this album, as I can't really find any track I love. I know that's strange as some people say TE is Saints best ever album. But to me it is only good, and nothing stands out.

Too Late For Living – Again, pretty much the same as Staybrite.......“Too Late For Living” is my favorite track from this album, but I also like “The War is Over”. Again another fantastic classis Saint album. I'm also a fan of "The Accuser"

The Perfect Life – Yet again I'm the same as Staybrite (is this a conspiracy!!!) “The Runner”, probably my least played album from Saint. It’s not that it is a bad album, it just sounds almost nothing like Saint (different singer, different style). I would love to hear some of these songs rerecorded with Josh on vocals and in their current “heavy” style. (AMEN!!!)

In the Battle – “In The Battle” is a brilliant track, but I also love the closing songs (both together) "Acid Rain" and "Full Armor".

The Mark – “Reap The Flesh" Dang, this is an awesome album. Don't really like any of the first 3 songs, but after that.......... UNBELIEVABLE!!!! Every track is a winner, but maybe Reap The Flesh just gets the call.

Crime Scene Earth – “Terror In The Sky" Love this one. It was Rich who sung this (I believe) and it fits his vocals brilliantly.

Hell Blade – “Hell Blade" or "New World Order"........ hmm............ Hell Blade...... no, New World Order..... no, errr......... Oh it's a tie!

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2563
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint song from each album    Favorite Saint song from each album  I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 9:14 am

Um, I can't really say anything on this one as I don't have any of the Saint discs.

The only song by Saint that I know of is the one on the Heaven's Metal Collection.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint song from each album    Favorite Saint song from each album  I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 1:32 pm

Fundy your post made laugh (almost uncontrollably). I don't think we have ever agreed on so many favoirte songs before!

Hardkore wrote:
Um, I can't really say anything on this one as I don't have any of the Saint discs.

affraid Wow I thought for sure at least all of us "old rockers" would have at least a few Saint albums.

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint song from each album    Favorite Saint song from each album  I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 11:56 pm

This is a real tough thread that does not present with a lot of cut and dry answers, but here is my best attempt at things:

Warriors Of The Son - Always have loved the bottom heavy groove to "Vicars Of Fate". Simply great bass line on this one, which come across even more pronounced on the 2004 re-recording.

Time's End - Yes, there are some fantastic melodies on "Island Prisoner" and "Primed And Ready" but "Space Cruiser" brings a relentless energy that borders on the infectious.

Too Late For Living - There is only one answer here: "Through The Sky". Dee Harrington simply slays here.

Perfect Life - Not certain if Perfect Life should even be categorized as a Saint album. Next.

In The Battle - Am I out of line to suggest that "Ryders" is Saint's best song ever?

The Mark - My all time favorite Saint album- this is one where the group delivers both quality and quantity. But finding a favorite song is problematic in that they all hold together quite well as a group. Sadly enough, I am going to have to pass.

Crime Scene Earth - "Terror In The Sky" is simply ominous. Need I say more?.

Hell Blade - Another tough choice but am going to have to go with "Sinner Peace".

Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint song from each album    Favorite Saint song from each album  I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 3:15 am

Dynamis wrote:
Am I out of line to suggest that "Ryders" is Saint's best song ever?

Yes, you are

geek

Fundy

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Dynamis

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint song from each album    Favorite Saint song from each album  I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 9:58 am

Well, it won't be the only time I get out of line... at least as it relates to music! Smile
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint song from each album    Favorite Saint song from each album  I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 3:32 pm

Favorite Saint song from each album  369868 Three responses to my orphaned thread!

Dynamis wrote:
This is a real tough thread that does not present with a lot of cut and dry answers, but here is my best attempt at things:

You ain't just whistling dixie there partner, this was a tough one, I had to break three or four of these albums out again and listen to several trax before I could make my list.

And I don't think I would be as dogmatic as Fundy and argue with you about "Ryders" being their best track. It is a fantastic song indeed......but I would be very hard pressed to pick a single favorite song from the bands catalog.

Dynamis

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint song from each album    Favorite Saint song from each album  I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 8:12 pm

I agree- some Saint albums it is almost unfair trying to pick a favorite track.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint song from each album    Favorite Saint song from each album  I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 3:10 am

The Mark is almost impossible to choose, that album fits so well altogether that breaking it into just one best song is just about the trickiest thing to do!

Still it's all good fun.

Fundy

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint song from each album    Favorite Saint song from each album  I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 8:48 am

This time I will pass.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint song from each album    Favorite Saint song from each album  I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 4:40 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
This time I will pass.

I can understand (especially since you know exactly how I feel about Disciple)

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint song from each album    Favorite Saint song from each album  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:03 pm

Warriors of the Son 1984 (and rerecorded 2004) - "Abyss" - moves along a good clip and loads of lead guitar fills

Times End - "Primed and Ready" - probably my favorite Saint song, or at least in the top 3.

Too Late For Living – “Too Late For Living”

The Perfect Life – don't have this album.

In the Battle – “In The Battle”

The Mark – “He Reigns” - probably the only song on that album that I like

Crime Scene Earth – don't have this album

Hell Blade – “To the Cross” - very tough to pick a favorite here. This has replaced Time's End as my favorite Saint album. Every song is a winner. The title track would be a close second on this one.
Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Dynamis

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint song from each album    Favorite Saint song from each album  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 7:58 pm

Quote :

"The Mark" seems to be an album you either love or hate.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint song from each album    Favorite Saint song from each album  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 8:10 pm

Dynamis wrote:
Follwer of Jesus wrote:

"The Mark" seems to be an album you either love or hate.

That is exactly how I felt the first time I listened to this album (He Reigns was the only song I liked). I had to shelve it for a year or so and listen it to it again before I began to appreciate it more. Still not one of my favorites.

Follower of Jesus wrote:
The Perfect Life – don't have this album.

Your not missing much at all. The only reason I have it is that I didn't own any of their classic records so I picked up the four-in-one album they put out a few years back that has the first four albums on 2 dics.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint song from each album    Favorite Saint song from each album  I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 9:26 am

Quote :
Crime Scene Earth – “Terror In The Sky" Love this one. It was Rich who sung this (I believe) and it fits his vocals brilliantly.

Depends on if you have the original version or the redone version with Josh on all vocals. I prefer Josh on vocals. Rick has a gruffer voice and should do something more akin to Stricken. He'd slay on something like that.

Ok, I haven't played along yet on the other threads, but I am going to give this a try.

WARRIORS OF THE SON
I love the more upbeat "Abyss". The song just gets up a full head of steam and keeps coming at you. Also, the vocal lines are more defined and the leads fit the song perfectly. Every current Christian metal band out there should listen to this song to see how leads should compliment the song--not the song built around the lead. If I could pick two, the title track "Warriors Of The Son" would be my next choice. I prefer the 2004 version of this to the original for the record.

TOO LATE FOR LIVING
Gotta go with "The Rock" on this one. I like the music to this one, but I love the lyrics on this one. Awesome tune!

TIMES END
If you want something to get your head bangin' and your fist pumpin' in the air, then I gotta go with "Destroyers".

THE PERFECT LIFE
"The Runner" is an awesome song, and it is a shame that this song is on a project with so many weak tracks. They need to redo this one and add it as a bonus track. Would have made a killer bonus track on the "In The Battle" reissue.

IN THE BATTLE
This is still my favorite Saint project. I had some of their stuff before, but just never really played it. This album just caught my attention and got me spinning their back catalog. I love the song "Holy Rollin'" the best. If this song had more big harmonies and had come out in the 80's, we're talking major hit. The music just gets me moving, and the chorus has a big hook to it. It's the first Saint song I bothered to learn on bass or rhythm guitar.

THE MARK
I must confess that I did not like this CD too much at first. It had to grow on me a little. But, it is definitely a good, solid project worth having. Favorite song? I'm almost going to have to pick one. I like "He Reigns" as it is a cool ballad by a metal band. There are several other standout tracks on this though. I must admit, I still cannot stand the song "The 7th Trumpet" due to Josh's falsetto. The lyrics during this time are impossible to distinguish. The song was destroyed by this.

CRIME SCENE EARTH
Without this getting re-released with Josh on vocals, this CD would be a coaster. I just did not like Richard's vocals and felt like we were being given more of a demo than a real Saint disc. After "The Perfect Life", Saint should know that Josh is the singer and always will. The fans would rather wait until you can get all the elements in place rather than just releasing a project that feels half finished.

With that said, I'm going with "Everlasting God". It's an awesome metal praise song. Gotta love that! @nd favorite is "The Judas In Me". it's a very true song for most of us if we really admit it.

HELLBLADE
See folks--I can play along to the end! This is probably the hardest album to pick from because every song just slays. I'd have to say that "To The Cross" is probably my favorite both musically and lyrically.

And that, my friends, is all I have to say! Now, I might have to go back and work on the Bride list.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Saint song from each album    Favorite Saint song from each album  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Saint song from each album
Page 1 of 1