Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Every Christian band in concert

Go down 
+14
MikeInFla
Normaniac
topshot rhit
Hardkore
rockerVu2
DANet
kerrick
Dynamis
Black Rider
Fundy
Xid
alldatndensum
Staybrite
Guilty/Forgiven
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9959
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Every Christian band in concert - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Every Christian band in concert   Every Christian band in concert - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2022 11:43 am

Looks like I'm the only one who missed out on Stryper. When they were at their height of success, I was not a Christian yet and though I had opportunities galore to see them live, I chose to see secular bands since I didn't want to go to a "religious show". I regret it today
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23449
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Every Christian band in concert   Every Christian band in concert - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2022 4:41 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
Bride, Stryper, X-Sinner, Narnia, Audiovision, King James, Empire 21, Glenn Kaiserband, Ken Tamplin, Bloodgood, Skillet, Kutless, Disciple, Rex Carroll band, Tourniquet, Grammatrain, Project 86, Thousand Foot Krutch, Fireflight, Luna Hallow.

When I remember more bands, I'll post them.

Wow, X-Sinner, Narnia, Audiovision, King James, Empire 21 Ken Tamplin, Rex Carroll.  Sometimes I'm seriously jealous of the European metal concert market.

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Looks like I'm the only one who missed out on Stryper. When they were at their height of success, I was not a Christian yet and though I had opportunities galore to see them live, I chose to see secular bands since I didn't want to go to a "religious show". I regret it today

Nope, I've never seen them either.  I remember back in high school several of my friends went to see them (pretty sure it was for the YABA tour).  However, I lacked the funds so was unable to go.  Same thing happened when Judas Priest came around for their Turbo tour too (with Dokken).  My friends in high school got to see at least twice as many shows as I did because they always had more money.

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Every Christian band in concert   Every Christian band in concert - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2022 3:00 pm

Quote :
My friends in high school got to see at least twice as many shows as I did because they always had more money.

Same here. I would've/could've seen so many more bands living in SoCal if not for lack of funds

alldatndensum and Staybrite like this post

Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2564
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Every Christian band in concert   Every Christian band in concert - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2022 5:18 pm

First off I have never seen The Newsboys. Even though they did come to town once(with Tait), I didn’t know about it til that day.

My list…
Stryper
Whitecross 3x
DeGarmo & Key 4x
Rick Cua
Margaret Becker 2x
David & The Giants (I lost count)
Rex Band
Crash Dog
Fighter
Tempest (Mick/Jamie Rowe)
Amy Grant 2x
Michael W Smith
Michael Sweet (unplugged/acoustic)
Petra
DCTalk 2x
Geoff Moore and The Distance 2x
Mylon & Broken Heart
Carman 2x
Truth (lost count)
Halo

Last edited by Hardkore on Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:27 am; edited 2 times in total

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Every Christian band in concert   Every Christian band in concert - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2022 8:39 pm

Oh wow Whitecross three times!!!  And DeGarmo and Key four times!!!
I am seriously jealous.  I would love to have seen Fighter, Tempest & Geoff Moore.

Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: Every Christian band in concert   Every Christian band in concert - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2022 2:25 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Oh wow Whitecross three times!!!  And DeGarmo and Key four times!!!
I am seriously jealous.  I would love to have seen Fighter, Tempest & Geoff Moore.
 Yeah, I saw Whitecross on their debut, H&N and In The Kingdom tours. No they never made a “triumphant return” out here.

The thing about D&K is I saw them twice on two tours, Commander Sozo and The Pledge tours. Funny how that worked out. The first time on the Cmd. Sozo tour was at a water park for an event of sorts. 

Fighter and Tempest both opened for Whitecross. Fighter on the In The Kingdom tour and Tempest with H&N.

I can remember at one point during the ITK show that Rex was on stage and said something like” Hey Scott, these kids are behaving themselves. Maybe we should come back again next year.”

Staybrite and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Every Christian band in concert   Every Christian band in concert - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2022 4:26 pm

Hardkore wrote:
I can remember at one point during the ITK show that Rex was on stage and said something like” Hey Scott, these kids are behaving themselves. Maybe we should come back again next year.”

Oh man, super cool memory! Headbang

Hardkore likes this post

Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: Every Christian band in concert   Every Christian band in concert - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2022 5:22 am

Just remembered another one.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Every Christian band in concert   Every Christian band in concert - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2022 2:38 pm

Hardkore wrote:

Well don't keep us in suspense, let us know what it is!!! (unless it's something inappropriate.... yikes I don't wanna hear about you peeing on a famous persons car or something like that)
geek

Fundy likes this post

Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: Every Christian band in concert   Every Christian band in concert - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2022 3:52 am

Staybrite wrote:
Hardkore wrote:

Well don't keep us in suspense, let us know what it is!!! (unless it's something inappropriate.... yikes I don't wanna hear about you peeing on a famous persons car or something like that)
geek
Perhaps you didn’t see that I had added Halo at the bottom of the list.

While I’m at it, there was a local band that played at a coffee house one time called Chocolate Alligator.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Every Christian band in concert   Every Christian band in concert - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2022 4:54 pm

Hardkore wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Hardkore wrote:

geek

While I’m at it, there was a local band that played at a coffee house one time called Chocolate Alligator.

Oh man I didn't notice that at all.

Hmm Chocolate Alligator you say.  Sounds like a yummy treat for little kids on that little known holiday "Hug An Alligator Day".

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16573
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Every Christian band in concert   Every Christian band in concert - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2022 1:52 pm

That's what I have too, seen Whitecross 3 times.
2 times in Germany, one time in Switzerland.

Staybrite and Hardkore like this post

Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: Every Christian band in concert   Every Christian band in concert - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2022 3:20 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Hardkore wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Hardkore wrote:

geek

Hmm Chocolate Alligator you say.  Sounds like a yummy treat for little kids on that little known holiday "Hug An Alligator Day".
Story behind the name for Chocolate Alligator… some of the guys (if not the whole band) was at a friends house (he is a friend of mine as well and told me this story). They had been wanting a kind of cool and fun name kinda like One Bad Pig. His sister had a child that had a toy. It was a brown plastic alligator. One of the guys said it looked like a chocolate alligator. They stopped and looked at each other. They realized they had just found the name of the band.

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Every Christian band in concert   Every Christian band in concert - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2022 3:43 pm

Hardkore wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Hardkore wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Hardkore wrote:

geek

Story behind the name for Chocolate Alligator… some of the guys (if not the whole band) was at a friends house (he is a friend of mine as well and told me this story). They had been wanting a kind of cool and fun name kinda like One Bad Pig. His sister had a child that had a toy. It was a brown plastic alligator. One of the guys said it looked like a chocolate alligator. They stopped and looked at each other. They realized they had just found the name of the band.

Oh man that is super cool! Headbang

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Every Christian band in concert   Every Christian band in concert - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2022 11:25 pm

I would've loved to see David and the Giants, especially on the Strangers to the night tour

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5520
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Every Christian band in concert   Every Christian band in concert - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2022 8:46 pm

I forgot about seeing David and the Giants.  Add them to my list.

Guilty/Forgiven, Hardkore and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3875
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Every Christian band in concert   Every Christian band in concert - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2022 9:45 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

They tour often enough you should get another chance. I finally saw them a few years ago when they toured with Whitecross. I'm going to see them again in May.

Guilty/Forgiven and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1452
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Every Christian band in concert   Every Christian band in concert - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2022 5:21 am

My list is brief:

Petra thrice
Whiteheart thrice
Disciple twice
Guardian
Hoi Polloi
The Newsboys
Kenny Marks
Randy Matthews
Light Up the Darkness
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3121
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Every Christian band in concert   Every Christian band in concert - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2022 7:08 am

My list is small as well.

Stryper on THWTD tour, TNT and Loudness opened (awesome show!)
Petra
Mylon & Broken Heart
Whitecross
Sanxtion (can't remember how you spell it) and some other bands I don't remember but enjoyed
Degarmo & Key
Morgan Cryar
I think that's it.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Every Christian band in concert   Every Christian band in concert - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2022 7:16 am

While not me, one of my friends saw Stryper with Dale Thompson on vocals then again later with Oz on vocals when they were a 3 piece.

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Every Christian band in concert   Every Christian band in concert - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2022 11:02 am

MikeInFla wrote:

Stryper on THWTD tour, TNT and Loudness opened (awesome show!)

Oh man what a great line-up.  I would have loved to see that show!

MikeInFla likes this post

Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: Every Christian band in concert   Every Christian band in concert - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2022 3:52 pm

MikeInFla wrote:

Stryper on THWTD tour,
I probably could have seen that tour out here except for the fact that I found out about it after it happened. One of the girls showed up in church excited and all. She asked me if I was there. I had to ask “Was I where?” She told me Stryper was in New Orleans got THWTD. I told her I hadn’t even heard about it. Nobody mentioned it at all. Then the next tour came around and people actually told me about the IGWT tour in New Orleans.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: Every Christian band in concert   Every Christian band in concert - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2022 3:55 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
I would've loved to see David and the Giants, especially on the Strangers to the night tour
With me in Bama and D&TG from Mississippi, they came around here like twice a year every year. Loved every time!

Back to top Go down
KellyM

KellyM

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2008-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Every Christian band in concert   Every Christian band in concert - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2022 1:35 am

Here are some I can remember off the top of my head.

Petra and Classic Petra
DeGarmo & Key
Stryper
Bride
Whitecross
Novella
Seraiah 
Legend Seven
Saviour Machine
Deliverance
Mortification
Tourniquet
Acoustic Shack
Seraph (John Cooper before Skillet)
Skillet
Flyleaf
The Crucified
Precious Death
Seven Day Jesus
Believable Picnic
Theocracy
Atomic Opera
Crimson Thorn
One Bad Pig
Six Feet Deep
Chaotic Resemblance
Barebones
Steven Patrick
Send the Begger
The Elms
Benjamin Gate
Disciple
Fireflight
Wavorly
Random Hero
Manic Drive
Sixpence None the Richer
Newsboys
Seventh Day Slumber
Circle of Dust
OC Supertones
Red
GFM
Resurrection Band
Zahna
and a ton more I think of right now.

Staybrite, Guilty/Forgiven and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/lordchainrocks
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Every Christian band in concert   Every Christian band in concert - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2022 6:41 am

Hardkore wrote:
MikeInFla wrote:

Stryper on THWTD tour,
I probably could have seen that tour out here except for the fact that I found out about it after it happened. One of the girls showed up in church excited and all. She asked me if I was there. I had to ask “Was I where?” She told me Stryper was in New Orleans got THWTD. I told her I hadn’t even heard about it. Nobody mentioned it at all. Then the next tour came around and people actually told me about the IGWT tour in New Orleans.
There's more to my story that I remember. My youth pastor's wife worked in management at the mall. She let us know that Robert & Tim would be making a surprise appearance so our youth group went and hung out at the mall. About a half hour later they showed up for a meet and greet that was announced on the radio about a half hour before they showed up. Luckily we had several days notice and we knew what entrance they were coming in and where they would set up. They gave me a THWTD picture disc and I brought along my "Reason For The Season" vinyl EP and they signed it for me. I told Robert I thought the EP was awesome and while signing it he said "hey I think I know the guys in this band!". Tim said nothing, wore dark sunglasses the whole time and just signed the record. Wish I still had those albums I have no idea what happened to them.

Staybrite and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Every Christian band in concert   Every Christian band in concert - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Every Christian band in concert
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next