Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Every Christian band in concert

Go down 
+14
MikeInFla
Normaniac
topshot rhit
Hardkore
rockerVu2
DANet
kerrick
Dynamis
Black Rider
Fundy
Xid
alldatndensum
Staybrite
Guilty/Forgiven
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Every Christian band in concert Empty
PostSubject: Every Christian band in concert   Every Christian band in concert I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2022 12:41 pm

Here is every Christian band/artist I've seen in concert... it's quite eclectic.

Brighton, Mortal, Guardian (3x), The Prayer Chain, The Continentals, DC Talk (3x), Michael W Smith, Jeff Fenholt, SFC, Whiteheart, Dynamic Twins, Petra, Brush Arbor, Crystal Lewis, Jon Gibson, The Newsboys (3x), Wes King, Michael Card(3x), Carman, Jars of Clay, Christafari, Sierra, Randy Stonehill, Dennis Agajanian(2x), The Praise Band, The Kry, John Michael Talbot, Eric Turner (Eastgate), Audio A, Two or More, Mercy Me, Third Day (2x), Nichole Nordeman, Steven Curtis Chapman, ApologetiX(3x), Telecast, Jeremy Camp, Warren Barfield, Toby Mac, Jonah 33, Skillet, Tempest with Mick Rowe, In the Midst, Join the Dead, Chaotic Resemblance(2x), Worldview(2x), Bloodgood, Die Happy with a Vengeance, Recon, Saint, Neon Cross, The Hero, D.O.G., Hand of Fire, BioGenesis, Crimson Bridge Ministry, Consuming Fire, Headnoise, Crushing the Deceiver, Grave Robber, Dirt, CPR

Also went to the Facedown Fest and seen
xDEATHSTARx, Gideon, WAR OF AGES, My Epic, Everything In Slow Motion, Those Who Fear, Hope for the Dying, Leaders, Mouth Of The South, Saving Grace

That's all I can remember....

Let's hear your list:

MikeInFla and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Every Christian band in concert   Every Christian band in concert I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2022 3:49 pm

Wow!  Having lived in the Seattle area for most of my adult Christian life I didn't get a chance to see many Christian groups live.  (not a ton of them came to that part of the country).  So I have seen way more secular acts live (I'm a little jealous of you).  But I have seen a couple of Christian artistst.

The Newsboys (with Peter Fuller still fronting the band)
Bloodgood
SoulDeep (they were a local band full of brothers and cousins)

I do remember back in highschool (around 1984 or 85) someone trying to convince me to go to a Petra concert with them and I declined.  Wish I had gone now.

Guilty/Forgiven and MikeInFla like this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Every Christian band in concert   Every Christian band in concert I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2022 7:16 pm

Newsboys (with Furler and with Tait), Audio Adrenaline, Plumb, Chris Rice, Building 429, Avalon, Third Day, Stryper, Skillet, Kutless, Red, Seventh Day Slumber, Theocracy, Jennifer Knapp, Casting Crowns, Ginny Owens, John Schlitt, Sonic Flood, Amy Wolter, Thousand Foot Krutch, La Crae, White heart, Rachel Rachel, Bride, Barren Cross, Eli, Red Sea, One Bad Pig, Crowder, Point Of Grace, Chris Tomlin, Zach Williams, Rebecca St. James, Nicole Norseman, Apologetix, Jared Of Clay, PFR, FFH, DC Talk, Red, Poor Man's Riches, Blissed....

I know I am missing a few that have faded from memory.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Last edited by alldatndensum on Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:33 pm; edited 2 times in total

Staybrite, Guilty/Forgiven and MikeInFla like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Every Christian band in concert   Every Christian band in concert I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2022 9:18 pm

Alldat's is even more eclectic than my list! Seems everyone has seen Newsboys so far. Never seen them with Tait, but I did see them during their Hell is for Wimps tour, the Boyz will be boys tour, and the Going Public tour. Great concerts, great memories!
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Every Christian band in concert   Every Christian band in concert I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2022 11:01 pm

Here is what I can remember:

2nd Chapter of Acts
Bash 'N the Code
Bloodgood
Brett Williams and In Reach
Carmen
Global Warning
Margaret Becker
Morgan Cryar
Mylon Lefevre
Paragon
Petra
Poor Ol' Lu
Randy Stonehill
Saint
Steve Camp
Stryper
Two or More
Whitecross

Last edited by Xid on Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total

Staybrite, Guilty/Forgiven and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Every Christian band in concert   Every Christian band in concert I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2022 12:17 am

Aw man, I would've loved to have seen Morgan Cryer live. Kingdom Upside Down is one of my all time fav albums. Global Warning would've also been ultimate!

MikeInFla likes this post

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5327
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Every Christian band in concert   Every Christian band in concert I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2022 6:44 am

Cutting Edge (before the became Delirious)
Delirious
Kendal Payne
Rock N Roll Worship Circus
As If
Stryper

I think that's it.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.

Staybrite, Guilty/Forgiven and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Every Christian band in concert   Every Christian band in concert I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2022 11:05 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Aw man, I would've loved to have seen Morgan Cryar live. Kingdom Upside Down is one of my all time fav albums. Global Warning would've also been ultimate!

Global Warning was at a small church in my hometown.  Morgan Cryar actually rocked pretty good live.  I was pleasantly surprised.

MikeInFla likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Every Christian band in concert   Every Christian band in concert I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2022 3:27 pm

So did all of you see Stryper (thought I didn't see it on Jim's list)?  I've missed them 3 times now.  Twice they came to the Seattle area while I was out of town, and once I just totally missed that they were even performing until it was too late to go.

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Every Christian band in concert   Every Christian band in concert I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2022 5:59 pm

Petra, Whiteheart, Stryper twice, Servant, Steve Camp, Rachel Rachel when they opened for Whiteheart, Saint, Skillet, Disciple, The Crucified, Undercover, World Theater, Kutless, TFK, Steve Taylor, Whitecross, POD....I'm sure I'm forgetting some. 
I'm curious who this Jared of Clay is that Alldat mentioned, sounds interesting.

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Every Christian band in concert   Every Christian band in concert I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2022 7:32 pm

As you can see, I am an old school guy when it comes to music:

Stryper X 4
Resurrection Band X 5
Servant X 4
Sweet Comfort Band
Saint (opening for Stryper, Yellow & Black Attack tour)
Bloodgood (opening for Stryper, Soldiers Under Command tour)
Petra
Shelter
Barren Cross (at a small club in Portland, Oregon, State of Control tour, they played "Stage of Intensity" and it was awesome!)
Guardian (at the same club, First Watch tour with Paul Cawley on vocals)
Holy Soldier (at a small club in downtown Portland)
Phil Keaggy (fall of 1981, Ph'lip Side tour, Richland, High School auditorium.  Several years later I caught him at an acoustic show in Portland)
Northbound (opening for Servant, World of Sand Tour winter of 1982, small theater in downtown Portland.  Other opening acts Loyd Thogmartin, Will McFarlane.  Concert ended after midnight and recall having to drive over three hours back home to Eastern Washington.  Oh, to be young again...)
Darrell Mansfield Band (headlining a small festival at the fairgrounds in Puyallup, WA, summer of 1984.  Other acts appearing include Rez Band, Quickflight and 77's).
Joe English Band (opening for Servant, Caught In The Act album giveaway tour)
Tykkus (playing a club in Phoenix, September of 2005, just after I moved to Arizona.  Included new vocalist Will V, previous vocalist Randy Michaud was also in attendance and I believe drummer John Tinker of Stevie & the Saints)
Steve Taylor & Some Band with opening act Undercover (high school auditorium in Hermiston, Oregon)
Allies (high school auditorium in Yakima, Wa)
Rick Cua (Your My Road tour, George Fox College)
Crumbacher (did I spell that correctly?  Also at George Fox)

Don't know if these count, but in a more contemporary vein:

2nd Chapter of Acts X 2
Scott Wesley Brown
Terry Talbot
Bryan Duncan
Amy Grant (opening act Michael W. Smith)

Last edited by Dynamis on Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:55 pm; edited 8 times in total

Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Every Christian band in concert   Every Christian band in concert I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2022 7:43 pm

Nice lists guys! And no I've never seen Stryper.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Every Christian band in concert   Every Christian band in concert I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2022 8:48 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Nice lists guys! And no I've never seen Stryper.

Ok, now I don't feel as bad.

I missed seeing Saint a few years back as well (with Josh singing).  They played a small festival in southern Washington, but I had to work that weekend.  I'm almost certain it was the set/performance that became their "Live '05" album.  Then they came up to Seattle to do a NW Metalfest show on the weekend that I went on a cruise to Mexico with my wife.  I was a little torn on that one.

Guilty/Forgiven likes this post

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Every Christian band in concert   Every Christian band in concert I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2022 11:35 pm

Saint still has it man, if they play again try to catch them. I seen them in 2018 and they shredded like it was the 80s!

Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Every Christian band in concert   Every Christian band in concert I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2022 7:55 am

I missed Barren Cross, probably at the show Dynamis listed. Somehow it conflicted with something else and I was so bummed. I forgot Holy Soldier, probably at the small club Dynamis mentioned and
also forgot Bloodgood.

Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Every Christian band in concert   Every Christian band in concert I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2022 9:15 am

Quote :
I missed Barren Cross, probably at the show Dynamis listed. Somehow it conflicted with something else and I was so bummed. I forgot Holy Soldier, probably at the small club Dynamis mentioned and
also forgot Bloodgood.

Barren Cross (and Guardian) were at the Pine Street Theater, just east of downtown.  Holy Soldier was at Key Largo.  Do not know if either place is still around.

Guilty/Forgiven and Black Rider like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Every Christian band in concert   Every Christian band in concert I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2022 1:50 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Saint still has it man, if they play again try to catch them. I seen them in 2018 and they shredded like it was the 80s!

Since I've moved to Arizona I've probably lost pretty much any opportunity to see them (since they are a North Oregon band)

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Every Christian band in concert   Every Christian band in concert I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2022 1:56 pm

I'm still mad [not really!] at Saint for their show being canceled with no notifications!  A friend from CMR and I drove for a couple hours in awful traffic on a miserably hot day to see them, only to arrive at the empty venue.  Sad  The two of us checked out a local brewery and made the best of it but still, that was a bummer!

Staybrite, Guilty/Forgiven and Black Rider like this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Every Christian band in concert   Every Christian band in concert I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2022 6:34 pm

I keep adding to my list as I remember them.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Guilty/Forgiven and MikeInFla like this post

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Every Christian band in concert   Every Christian band in concert I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2022 7:50 pm

kerrick wrote:
I'm still mad [not really!] at Saint for their show being canceled with no notifications!  A friend from CMR and I drove for a couple hours in awful traffic on a miserably hot day to see them, only to arrive at the empty venue.  Sad  The two of us checked out a local brewery and made the best of it but still, that was a bummer!
That is a total bummer!  I drove an hour to see Guardian only to get stuck in traffic and only catch the last 15 minutes of them.. but that was more my bad planning

kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Every Christian band in concert   Every Christian band in concert I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2022 7:53 pm

Alldat, I know it's juvenile but I laughed out loud imagining Nicole with a long beard and helmet

Quote :
Nicole Norseman

alldatndensum and Staybrite like this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Every Christian band in concert   Every Christian band in concert I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2022 9:49 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Alldat, I know it's juvenile but I laughed out loud imagining Nicole with a long beard and helmet

Quote :
Nicole Norseman

I don't know why I reply with my phone as I always get misspelling like this.  LOL

Staybrite and Guilty/Forgiven like this post

Back to top Go down
DANet

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2020-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Every Christian band in concert   Every Christian band in concert I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2022 8:18 pm

In my early years I never attended many concerts...I saw Petra (Beyond Belief Tour) and Whiteheart.

In 2006 I saw Stryper (with Tracy Ferrie on bass) and Holy Soldier (with Don Russell on vocals) at Sonshine Festival in Willmar, MN.

Attending Sonshine Festival changed my life...since then I've been to a lot of festivals, worship conferences, and youth conferences so I could list hundreds of artists I've seen live ranging from Britt Nichole to Phil Keaggy.  In the spirit of this site...some of the rock oriented bands I've seen are:

Switchfoot
Thousand Foot Krutch
Building 429
Pillar
Skillet
Kutless
Lincoln Brewster
Third Day
Red
The Showdown
Disciple
Manafest
7eventh Time Down
The Union of Sinners and Saints
NeedToBreathe

I can be pretty nerdy at times...I literally have a spreadsheet that lists every band I've ever seen live.  Sadly, there are no new entries in my spreadsheet since Covid Sad

alldatndensum, Staybrite and Guilty/Forgiven like this post

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Every Christian band in concert   Every Christian band in concert I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2022 12:43 am

Quote :
Sadly, there are no new entries in my spreadsheet since Covid Every Christian band in concert Icon_sad

I think that could be said for many of us

DANet likes this post

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Every Christian band in concert   Every Christian band in concert I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2022 7:46 am

Bride, Stryper, X-Sinner, Narnia, Audiovision, King James, Empire 21, Glenn Kaiserband, Ken Tamplin, Bloodgood, Skillet, Kutless, Disciple, Rex Carroll band, Tourniquet, Grammatrain, Project 86, Thousand Foot Krutch, Fireflight, Luna Hallow.

When I remember more bands, I'll post them.

Staybrite and Guilty/Forgiven like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Every Christian band in concert   Every Christian band in concert I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Every Christian band in concert
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: