Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What makes a band Christian?

Go down 
+2
Driven
rockerVu2
6 posters
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16562
Registration date : 2007-02-09

What makes a band Christian? Empty
PostSubject: What makes a band Christian?   What makes a band Christian? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 10:07 am

What makes a band a Christian band?
Are it the lyrics that tell us about God and who He is?
Is it a Christian member in the band?
Are it all the members of the band and their attitude?
Is it how they act on stage?
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: What makes a band Christian?   What makes a band Christian? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 10:28 am

Good question, and I fear there's no concrete answer to it. However, here's what I look for in a band:

- positive and clean lyrics AND/OR
- lyrics that praise Christ
- band members that walk the walk and talk the talk
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23399
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What makes a band Christian?   What makes a band Christian? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 4:49 pm

I think the big one would probably lyrics and if the band members proclaim Christ as King and Lord.

If you have members in the band who are not Christians....then I have a hard time seeing how it could be called a Christian band.

Timshell64

Number of posts : 492
Registration date : 2011-05-25

PostSubject: Re: What makes a band Christian?   What makes a band Christian? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 9:47 pm

I have to agree with you guys. I know I have many conversations about bands with christians in them, that are just for entertainment. No there is nothing wrong with entertainment. I guess as long as the memebrs reflect their walk with God and their lyrics are not unbiblical I guess that is acceptable right?

Bands like for instance

Line of fire

Sinbreed

Eden's curse

Halcyon Way
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16562
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: What makes a band Christian?   What makes a band Christian? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 7:44 am

I wonder how you can be a Christian band with members in the band who are not Christian.

I agree with what DBF has written.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9945
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: What makes a band Christian?   What makes a band Christian? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 8:18 pm

Not everyone who says to Him 'Lord, Lord', will enter into heaven...

I'm sure many bands/band members in big name Christian bands do not have a relationship with Jesus (sadly). He will say to many "I never knew you" who thought they were safe cuz they were amongst believers or in a band singing about Jesus.

As far as our part in what we listen to and categorize as "Christian", I believe as many here do, that songs are just songs and the lyrics are what makes a song Christian, or inapropriate, or neutral.

I don't hold to my quote below with rigid snobbiness, as I have lots of music that does not glorify God - I categorize it as neutral music (songs about love, life difficulties, hope, fears, humor, etc). But to me, the most satisfying music is that which leads me closer to my Creator and speaks His Truth.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What makes a band Christian?   What makes a band Christian? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 9:07 pm

I think there are basically 2 kinds of "Christian" bands...

Those who are very evangelic with their band and their goal is to spread the gospel and evangelize....(Petra, Whitecross and Menchen come to mind)

Those where the band has some christian members in it and that effects the lyrics but essentially they are just a band making music and money...(Giant, Rage of Angels and Narnia come to mind)
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: What makes a band Christian?   What makes a band Christian? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 9:11 pm

brokentulsa wrote:
Those who are very evangelic with their band and their goal is to spread the gospel and evangelize....(Petra, Whitecross and Menchen and Daniel Band come to mind)

Don't you dare make that omission again. Fight

Just kidding bro… Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What makes a band Christian?   What makes a band Christian? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 9:00 pm

Only the lyrics. Everything else can be the same. Of course, it is preferable if the band members exhibit Christ-like character in their lives as well... Smile

And I don't think every member need be a Christian personally in order to make it a Christian band.
Back to top Go down
PouncerW

PouncerW

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2011-06-28

PostSubject: Re: What makes a band Christian?   What makes a band Christian? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 6:25 pm

To me, there are a lot of bands that write and sing of their belief in God, but sadly do not believe in The Son. The Lord Jesus says in John 14 "...Ye believe in God, believe also in me...."

So what I believe makes a Christian band is one that with their music.....

-promotes the Gospel

-glorifies

-worships

-calls to meditate

-any or all of the above

On Christ

Anyhing else does not qualify.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9945
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: What makes a band Christian?   What makes a band Christian? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 7:32 pm

What makes a band Christian? 511963

One thing I don't get hung up on though is JPMs (how many times a band says "Jesus" in their songs). I've been listening to Rick Cua, early Christian rock dude, really good - but I noticed he almost never says "Jesus" or "God", and yet every song is clearly from the heart of a believer intimate with his Savior. (he says "He" and "Him" a lot) I'm really inspired and sent into a worshipful attitude cuz of Ricks music, even though there's a lack of JPMs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What makes a band Christian?   What makes a band Christian? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What makes a band Christian?
Page 1 of 1