Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Christian band - secular band.

Go down 
+3
Follower of Jesus
ishmael81
rockerVu2
7 posters
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16551
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Christian band - secular band. Empty
PostSubject: Christian band - secular band.   Christian band - secular band. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 4:14 pm

Now brokentulsa started a thread to pray for unsaved bands.
I will ask some Christian bands turned back to the secular music.
(Kings X and there are more)
Are there secular bands who changed their lyrics into Christian?
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Christian band - secular band.   Christian band - secular band. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 4:45 pm

Impellitteri's first few albums were secular (not neccessarily vulgar or anything) then transitioned later into Christian lyrics when Rob came back after recording with Angelica and Joshua.
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Christian band - secular band.   Christian band - secular band. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 5:00 pm

Mad Max was secular, became Christian, then went back to secular....kinda like Bob Dylan.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Christian band - secular band.   Christian band - secular band. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 5:51 pm

Mick Rowe did some stuff rated Explicit last year with Goliath, then swung back to what he's doing now.

Chagall Guevara was something secular/clean that Steve Taylor did.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christian band - secular band.   Christian band - secular band. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 11:12 pm

Stone Vengeance was another. Don't make the mistake of Googling them like I did. No
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christian band - secular band.   Christian band - secular band. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 4:31 pm

Rick Cua comes to mind...He started out with the outlaws and after he got saved he became a christian artist.

Stryper started out as a secular band on the strip and became a christian band.

W.A.S.P. is another band that has changed their lyrics..

And Alice Cooper...

And John Schlitt was the vocalist for head east for years and then went on to join Petra and finally go solo.

Mark Farner played with grand funk for years and went on to become a christian artist.

Rob Rock started out as a secular artist with driver and axel rudi pell and then became a christian artist who played on an angelica album as well as a ton of solo albums.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Christian band - secular band.   Christian band - secular band. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 5:27 pm

I am not sure that Joshua Perahia's first two albums would be considered "Christian". There's nothing really negative on them, but they just don't really seem to be more than just about relationships. I could be wrong. But, his later stuff (from "Surrender" on) are Christ centered.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
icon_red

icon_red

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Christian band - secular band.   Christian band - secular band. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 7:20 am

Kerry Livgren from Kansas...
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Christian band - secular band.   Christian band - secular band. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 8:39 am

alldatndensum wrote:
I am not sure that Joshua Perahia's first two albums would be considered "Christian". There's nothing really negative on them, but they just don't really seem to be more than just about relationships. I could be wrong. But, his later stuff (from "Surrender" on) are Christ centered.

Yeah I get the same thing. Rob has said that his time with the band was a great time of fellowship but Intense Defense (the only one I have) is basically about relationships. Although, Reach Up could be about God.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Christian band - secular band.   Christian band - secular band. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 9:04 am

ishmael81 wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

Yeah I get the same thing. Rob has said that his time with the band was a great time of fellowship but Intense Defense (the only one I have) is basically about relationships. Although, Reach Up could be about God.

The previous album "Hand Is Quicker Than The Eye" is the same way. But, from "Surrender" onward, I do believe that the songs point people towards Jesus for the most part. Even if a song is about a relationship now, Joshua still seems to want to use his music to let people know about the Savior he serves with his albums.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5302
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Christian band - secular band.   Christian band - secular band. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 12:16 pm

How about Kreyson?

Smile

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christian band - secular band.   Christian band - secular band. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Christian band - secular band.
Page 1 of 1