Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

All 3 Messiah Prophet albums are fantastic

Go down 
+2
Fundy
Raluces
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Raluces

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2021-06-08

All 3 Messiah Prophet albums are fantastic  Empty
PostSubject: All 3 Messiah Prophet albums are fantastic    All 3 Messiah Prophet albums are fantastic  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2021 8:49 am

I never could understand the rejection that that album "Colours" had . Certainly different from their 80's classic platters , but I like it . Kind of a "jazzy" Hard Rock approach , how could anyone not think this album has awesome tunes on it ?

Last edited by Raluces on Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5331
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: All 3 Messiah Prophet albums are fantastic    All 3 Messiah Prophet albums are fantastic  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2021 9:53 am

Hi Raluces,

I think the only real problem with Colors is that it said the words "Messiah Prophet" at the top.  If they'd have started as a new band, then that would have been brilliant.  Fans of the first two were itching for more of the same.  Still, as you say, it has some awesome tunes on it.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Raluces

PostSubject: Re: All 3 Messiah Prophet albums are fantastic    All 3 Messiah Prophet albums are fantastic  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2021 10:12 am

Fundy wrote:
Hi Raluces,

I think the only real problem with Colors is that it said the words "Messiah Prophet" at the top.  If they'd have started as a new band, then that would have been brilliant.  Fans of the first two were itching for more of the same.  Still, as you say, it has some awesome tunes on it.

Sure . And I think "Rock the Flock" is a forgotten gem . I FREAKIN LOVE THIS RECORD AS WELL ...

Last edited by Raluces on Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23473
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: All 3 Messiah Prophet albums are fantastic    All 3 Messiah Prophet albums are fantastic  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2021 3:06 pm

First of all, welcome Raluces to our humble abode!

Personally, "Colours" is my favorite of the three Messiah Prophet albums.  The first two have some great classic metal sounds, but their third had a Warrant type vibe with it.  The vocals are better as is the songwriting to me.  Because I love me some 80s hair metal if you can really use that as a classifier anymore, "Colours" is the best even if it isn't really the same band anymore.

I wish they could have stuck around and given us more albums in this vein!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Raluces

PostSubject: Re: All 3 Messiah Prophet albums are fantastic    All 3 Messiah Prophet albums are fantastic  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2021 3:16 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
First of all, welcome Raluces to our humble abode!

Personally, "Colours" is my favorite of the three Messiah Prophet albums.  The first two have some great classic metal sounds, but their third had a Warrant type vibe with it.  The vocals are better as is the songwriting to me.  Because I love me some 80s hair metal if you can really use that as a classifier anymore, "Colours" is the best even if it isn't really the same band anymore.

I wish they could have stuck around and given us more albums in this vein!
"Colours" has its own beauty and so uplifting lyrics ...  Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3120
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: All 3 Messiah Prophet albums are fantastic    All 3 Messiah Prophet albums are fantastic  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2021 5:34 am

Master Of The Metal for me! That's the only one I like by them.

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: All 3 Messiah Prophet albums are fantastic    All 3 Messiah Prophet albums are fantastic  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2021 7:10 am

Rock the Flock was okay but I'm with Mike here.

Raluces likes this post

Back to top Go down
Raluces

PostSubject: Re: All 3 Messiah Prophet albums are fantastic    All 3 Messiah Prophet albums are fantastic  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2021 10:11 pm

Black Rider wrote:
Rock the Flock was okay but I'm with Mike here.

Rock the Flock is my fave . It had more "identity" , and a lot of a "70's" flavour still going on . One of the earliest Christian Metal Albums , and what a beautiful cover . I had it on physical CD , but it was stolen back in 2011 ...
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: All 3 Messiah Prophet albums are fantastic    All 3 Messiah Prophet albums are fantastic  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2021 3:19 pm

I was a fan of "Master" and even liked quite a bit from the "Colors" album (even though it was a completely different band).  I listened to like half of "Rock The Flock" and just couldn't get into it.  I don't know if it was the production or the style, but it just didn't excite me.

PostSubject: Re: All 3 Messiah Prophet albums are fantastic    All 3 Messiah Prophet albums are fantastic  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2021 7:01 pm

Staybrite wrote:
I was a fan of "Master" and even liked quite a bit from the "Colors" album (even though it was a completely different band).  I listened to like half of "Rock The Flock" and just couldn't get into it.  I don't know if it was the production or the style, but it just didn't excite me.

Rock the flock has a "vintage" charm to it I absolutely loved since the first time I heard it , back in 2001 . Got the physical CD then even (which was stolen) . The sound I´d say is similar to a mix between Black Sabbath , Judas Priest and some Deep Purple and Iron Maiden .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All 3 Messiah Prophet albums are fantastic    All 3 Messiah Prophet albums are fantastic  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All 3 Messiah Prophet albums are fantastic
Page 1 of 1