Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Limberlost (Fantastic Rock Band)

Go down 
+2
alldatndensum
Staybrite
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23645
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Limberlost (Fantastic Rock Band) Empty
PostSubject: Limberlost (Fantastic Rock Band)   Limberlost (Fantastic Rock Band) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 25, 2017 4:38 pm

I have to confess that I have a new favorite band and they call themselves "Limberlost".  I saw them perform in my little town of Orting back in July during our second annual Orting Rock Festival.  
Style-wise I would say the band falls in the “straight-forward rock” category.  They have an amazing female lead singer, and the rest of the guys in the band are very proficient with their instruments.  The arrangements sound tight and the song-writing is fantastic.  Unlike many modern bands this group knows how to write a song with a serious hook.  On top of that they have an amazing live presence.  They remind me quite a bit of 80’s rock outfit “Anthem” but with a more modern vibe…mostly just good blues-based hard rock.

Here is a live vid of one of my favorite songs “Hands Up”

You can check out more of their music on their Reverbnation page.

https://www.reverbnation.com/limberlost5

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23639
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Limberlost (Fantastic Rock Band)   Limberlost (Fantastic Rock Band) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 25, 2017 5:49 pm

You had me at blues based hard rock.  I liked their Facebook page to stay current with them so if they do release an album.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16634
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Limberlost (Fantastic Rock Band)   Limberlost (Fantastic Rock Band) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 26, 2017 7:12 am

The music is Headbang Headbang Headbang 
The bass sounds vet gaaf.
My only complain is ... a female vocalist.

Last edited by rockerVu2 on Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Limberlost (Fantastic Rock Band)   Limberlost (Fantastic Rock Band) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 26, 2017 3:14 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
The music is Headbang Headbang Headbang 
The bass sounds vet gaaf.
My ony complain is ... a female vocalist.

I knew you wouldn't be happy that they had a female singer.  Kind of funny given that you are a female yourself.  Laughing

Alldat wrote:
You had me at blues based hard rock.  I liked their Facebook page to stay current with them so if they do release an album.

They just came in second place for a battle of the bands contest (first place was some modern rock sounding band).  Kind of bummed that they didn't win because first prize was like $10,000....they were hoping to go into the studio if they won.
They do sell a CDR of the 5 tracks on their reverbnation page at their shows. I'm hoping to see them perform again at a show in October, if they still have any I will get you one.

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16634
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Limberlost (Fantastic Rock Band)   Limberlost (Fantastic Rock Band) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 27, 2017 7:24 am

It's not due the females I don't like female fronted rock bands.
I think (and this is personal) that the voices of men fit better to the hard rock music than female voices.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Limberlost (Fantastic Rock Band)   Limberlost (Fantastic Rock Band) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 28, 2017 8:52 am

I see why you like them. I'd like a copy of their disc too.

Keep us updated if something new happens with them.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Limberlost (Fantastic Rock Band)   Limberlost (Fantastic Rock Band) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 29, 2017 2:03 pm

ishmael81 wrote:
I see why you like them. I'd like a copy of their disc too.

Keep us updated if something new happens with them.

Will do.....both!

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23639
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Limberlost (Fantastic Rock Band)   Limberlost (Fantastic Rock Band) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2018 7:09 am

I want to give a huge shout out to Staybrite for sending me a copy of this album!  I am listening to it right now and am diggin' this!  Thank you, Gary!!!!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3148
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Limberlost (Fantastic Rock Band)   Limberlost (Fantastic Rock Band) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2018 4:44 am

Man good stuff! As a fan of Classic Rock this is a breath of fresh air as opposed to another listen of The Eagles or some other worn out rock band.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Limberlost (Fantastic Rock Band)   Limberlost (Fantastic Rock Band) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2018 3:35 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I want to give a huge shout out to Staybrite for sending me a copy of this album!  I am listening to it right now and am diggin' this!  Thank you, Gary!!!!

I was going to buy several more copies and send them to a few other board members but I ran out of money.  The wife made me buy her a Limberlost bandanna and a tank top...and that was the end of my $60.  Next time I won't bring her and I will be able to get more cds!!!

Fundy

Number of posts : 5382
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Limberlost (Fantastic Rock Band)   Limberlost (Fantastic Rock Band) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2018 11:45 am

Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

I was going to buy several more copies and send them to a few other board members but I ran out of money.  The wife made me buy her a Limberlost bandanna and a tank top...and that was the end of my $60.  Next time I won't bring her and I will be able to get more cds!!!
lol!

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Limberlost (Fantastic Rock Band)   Limberlost (Fantastic Rock Band) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Limberlost (Fantastic Rock Band)
Page 1 of 1