Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fantastic Four

Go down 
+3
ishmael81
alldatndensum
BearDad
7 posters
AuthorMessage
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

Fantastic Four Empty
PostSubject: Fantastic Four   Fantastic Four I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 5:32 pm

At first I thought, "oh great, another reboot." But this is like the Hulk reboot; this one looks like a serious movie and not so comic book-ish

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Fantastic Four Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantastic Four   Fantastic Four I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 8:19 pm

While I will probably see it, I don't think I am going to like the changes they've made.  This version has the change into the heroes as an intentional experiment and not an accident.  They've also made Johnny Blaze an afro-American.  I don't mind there being black superheroes, but why change one that was historically NOT?  Let's create a black superhero if the viewing audience wants one or a dozen but leave those original characters alone.  Change some of the supporting characters around the story like they did in the new Superman series with his editor.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Fantastic Four Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantastic Four   Fantastic Four I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 10:27 pm

Wasn't there a Fantastic Four a few years ago with Jessica Alba?
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

Fantastic Four Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantastic Four   Fantastic Four I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 11:23 pm

Wasn't Paul McCartney part of the Fantastic Four?  Along with George, John and his brother, that Bongo character?  Bongo?  No.  Bango? No. Bingo! Yeah, Bingo!  Not Bingo but like it.  Bingo, Dingo, Singo, Tingo, Ringo!  That's right, it's Ringo!  That Ringo character.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Fantastic Four Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantastic Four   Fantastic Four I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2015 8:55 am

ishmael81 wrote:

Two of them, actually, but they were not as big of a hit as they wanted.  The reboot is just Fox trying to hold on to the movie rights of these characters so they don't revert back to Disney/Marvel like Daredevil has.  Spiderman has been given back to Disney/Marvel and a reboot is forthcoming in that as well as a Spidey appearance in one of the Avengers movies.

Marvel would like to see X-Men fail, but that franchise is on fire almost to the extent of The Avengers.  Marvel can't even call their characters "mutants" with the licensing that they did with Sony.  You will hear them use the term "inhuman" in forthcoming films.  They are going to do a series called "Inhumans" that may actually bring some of the X-Men side characters to life.

When Marvel licensed out X-Men, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, and Spiderman, the comic book company was almost broke.  They were almost to the point of bankruptcy.  The licensing deal saved the corporation.  They would also get a measly 5% of the take from the movies but could still do all the toy and other merchandising.  This saved Marvel as a whole and they were able to start Marvel Studios to do The Hulk, Iron Man, Capt. America, and Thor while pushing for The Avengers.  They were bought by Disney before The Avengers was shot.  They are now developing Ant-Man, The Inhumans, delving into TV with Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Agent Carter, more spinoff movies from each Avenger character (except the Hulk for some unknown reason), continuing the Guadians of the Galaxy franchise, and several other characters.  There are around 9 movies they have planned between now and 2020.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Fantastic Four Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantastic Four   Fantastic Four I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2015 10:25 am

I had no idea about Marvel almost going out of business, that is interesting. I also did not know that Stan Lee wrote some stories for DC, I find this very interesting. Almost like the "What If..." series Marvel had back in the 80's.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Just_Imagine...

It's "Just Imagine if Stan Lee Created Batman, Superman, JLA, Green Lantern... etc". Sounds like an interesting story line and I am gonna have to see if I can find these.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2559
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Fantastic Four Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantastic Four   Fantastic Four I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2015 10:37 am

alldatndensum wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:

Two of them, actually, but they were not as big of a hit as they wanted.  The reboot is just Fox trying to hold on to the movie rights of these characters so they don't revert back to Disney/Marvel like Daredevil has.  Spiderman has been given back to Disney/Marvel and a reboot is forthcoming in that as well as a Spidey appearance in one of the Avengers movies.

Marvel would like to see X-Men fail, but that franchise is on fire almost to the extent of The Avengers.  Marvel can't even call their characters "mutants" with the licensing that they did with Sony.  You will hear them use the term "inhuman" in forthcoming films.  They are going to do a series called "Inhumans" that may actually bring some of the X-Men side characters to life.

When Marvel licensed out X-Men, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, and Spiderman, the comic book company was almost broke.  They were almost to the point of bankruptcy.  The licensing deal saved the corporation.  They would also get a measly 5% of the take from the movies but could still do all the toy and other merchandising.  This saved Marvel as a whole and they were able to start Marvel Studios to do The Hulk, Iron Man, Capt. America, and Thor while pushing for The Avengers.  They were bought by Disney before The Avengers was shot.  They are now developing Ant-Man, The Inhumans, delving into TV with Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Agent Carter, more spinoff movies from each Avenger character (except the Hulk for some unknown reason), continuing the Guardians of the Galaxy franchise, and several other characters.  There are around 9 movies they have planned between now and 2020.

One of the 9 movies is going to be for The Inhumans.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inhumans#Film

• A trade report in March 2011 said Marvel Entertainment is developing an Inhumans film.[56][57] In November 2012, Stan Lee reported that the film is in development.[58] In August 2014, it was reported that Marvel was moving forward with the development of an Inhumans film, with a screenplay written by Joe Robert Cole.[59] In October 2014, Marvel Studios confirmed Inhumans, with a release date of November 2, 2018.[60] The date was later pushed back to July 12, 2019.[61]

I can understand why they are not doing another Hulk film yet. They are doing other properties like Black Panther, Doctor Strange, Ant-Man, and even Captain Marvel. It would be nice to see another Hulk flick some day.
Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Fantastic Four Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantastic Four   Fantastic Four I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2015 3:31 pm

I do not see why the Fantastic Four needs a reboot.  I really enjoyed the first two movies and was quite comfortable with the original cast.  As a matter of fact, I was hoping for a third Fantastic Four movie with Hulk making a cameo appearance- so that we can get a good old fashioned The Thing vs. Hulk battle!

One Marvel movie that needs to be made is of The Defenders, "a 'non team' of individualistic 'outsiders', each known for following their own agendas.  The original Defenders roster included Dr. Strange, Hulk and Namor, with Silver Surfer, Valkyie, Nighthawk and Hawkeye later joining the ranks.  When I was a kid from the early 70's, I distinctly recall a Avengers vs. Defenders crossover war, which culminated in a Thor vs. Hulk battle.

Fantastic Four Defend11
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Fantastic Four Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantastic Four   Fantastic Four I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2015 4:33 pm

The Hulk would clearly smash Thor.  While Thor is powerful, Hulk would crush him like a fat kid sitting on a cake!

Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

Fantastic Four Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantastic Four   Fantastic Four I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2015 6:19 pm

I agree about the original FF movies being good and there not being the need for a reboot, just as I thought the first run at Spidey was a good one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fantastic Four Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantastic Four   Fantastic Four I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fantastic Four
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: