Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Messiah Prophet- Colors

Go down 
+4
Staybrite
nazpastor
alldatndensum
dale434445
8 posters
AuthorMessage
dale434445

dale434445

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2007-04-27

Messiah Prophet- Colors Empty
PostSubject: Messiah Prophet- Colors   Messiah Prophet- Colors I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 8:49 pm

I was listening to this today, and I don't know why everbody talks about how bad this is. I know I am in the minority, but to me it is way better than the other releases.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Messiah Prophet- Colors   Messiah Prophet- Colors I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 9:19 pm

I am also in the minority. I have said for years that this would have been received so much differently if the band had changed its name.

I love the sound of this disc. It has a feel very similar to the first Warrant album in my opinion. Just good melodic hard rock.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
nazpastor

nazpastor

Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2007-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Messiah Prophet- Colors   Messiah Prophet- Colors I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 11:05 pm

The reason most people don't like this disc is it is different than the first two. I personally like this one much better than the first two because it has much better production.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Messiah Prophet- Colors   Messiah Prophet- Colors I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 4:20 pm

I really like the "Colors" album (although I like "Master of the Metal" even more). I do think you need to look at this album as if it is/was two different bands (kind of like the difference between Neon Cross's debut album and their "Torn" disc).

The real clunker for this band (at least IMO) was their "Rock the Flock" album.

Fundy

Number of posts : 5307
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Messiah Prophet- Colors   Messiah Prophet- Colors I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 3:10 am

Yes, it's true. The reason Colors is so 'disliked' by many people is not because it's a bad album, but because people went out and bought it thinking it was the same as RTF and MOTM. It's worlds apart from those two albums.

But it is better than people think.

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/

PostSubject: Re: Messiah Prophet- Colors   Messiah Prophet- Colors I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 12:44 pm

I think it's great. Not better than MOTM, but a really good album.

It really should not have been issued as a MP album, though. None of the band members were the same. I particularly missed Charlie Clark. Really wish he would come out of retirement to sing on something (provided he can still do it, of course).
Back to top Go down
Static Fuse

Static Fuse

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Messiah Prophet- Colors   Messiah Prophet- Colors I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 8:00 pm

I like this album a lot! Sounds like Warrant's first two albums (and I love Warrant!).

I agree with Alldat -- if it had come out under a different band name, it would have been really well received, especially by fans of Tamplin/Shout, Tempest, Guardian, Crystavox, Holy Soldier, etc.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Messiah Prophet- Colors   Messiah Prophet- Colors I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 5:14 pm

I know I'm pulling up a long-dead thread, but I was writing about Messiah Prophet today and was writing about how Colors isn't considered a Messiah Prophet album because of the personnel differences and the drastically different style. I too was operating under the belief that it was more of a CCM album. Then I realized I was putting an awful lot of faith in other people's opinions and since I have a copy occupying space on my hard drive I should listen to it for myself. It is no MOTM, but count me among the minority as well. Maybe it would have been received better if it was released under a different name, but also considering it was released in 1996, maybe not. Doesn't that kind of fall between the original glam wave and the revival of 80s metal? So maybe it was also a case of wrong style at the wrong time. Anyway, I have no qualms about listening to it now.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Messiah Prophet- Colors   Messiah Prophet- Colors I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 8:09 pm

Your right in 1996 almost nobody was making this kind of music. The new music hip with the teens and young adults was grunge and alternative.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Messiah Prophet- Colors   Messiah Prophet- Colors I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 8:35 pm

I've always thought this album was similar in style to Warrant's first album. It's a solid disc--it just needed a new band name or some of the original members left.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
mr.electric40

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 676
Registration date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Messiah Prophet- Colors   Messiah Prophet- Colors I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 4:20 pm

I still haven't heard this disc...
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Messiah Prophet- Colors   Messiah Prophet- Colors I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Messiah Prophet- Colors
Page 1 of 1