Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Finally,new Day of Fire

Go down 
+2
Staybrite
ChosenOne
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Finally,new Day of Fire Empty
PostSubject: Finally,new Day of Fire   Finally,new Day of Fire I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 12:13 am

I see that Day of Fire has put up some new music on thier myspace page. I hope they put out an album this year. I love this band. I also hope they don't abandon the Chrisitan music scene either. Sometimes you wonder, when a band leaves thier label and then goes out on tour with mainstream bands. I wonder if the song "when I see you" was the one co-written with Daughtry.

http://www.myspace.com/dayoffire
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23418
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Finally,new Day of Fire   Finally,new Day of Fire I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 12:51 am

I just recently got this band's debut album and I must say that I am very impressed. Some of their more rockin tunes has a kind of "Nirvana" vibe that I don't really dig, but that is only like two songs, the rest of the album is fantastic. Rather high praise coming from someone who is not much of a modern rock fan.

What is your impression on the new music, and their sophmore release "Cut & Move"

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Finally,new Day of Fire   Finally,new Day of Fire I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 8:37 am

I am sure a label can be a very important influence on a band.
What I hope is that the label of Day Of Fire let the band free in the Christian lyrics and to show the world Day Of Fire is a band with a bold Christian message.

It's very sad a new labe will be the cause for a band to stop their Christian music only because the label and the $$$.

Is a label so mighty that they can tell a Christian band to stop writing music with Christian lyrics only because they don't sell that music on a label?
Back to top Go down
LateFortheParty

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2007-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Finally,new Day of Fire   Finally,new Day of Fire I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 10:01 pm

Quote :
What is your impression on the new music, and their sophmore release "Cut & Move"

I probably am repeating myself...but, "Cut And Move" is in my top 5, I listen to it ALL the time, straight through.

I have the s/t also, but listen to it very seldom, and then just a few songs.

If you like the ballads off of s/t, such as "Cornerstone" "Fade Away", "Rain Song" you may not like Cut And Move....there are NO ballads, just straight Rockin'.

I read, some time ago, on other sites, that DOF was trying to get away from the "Christian Band" title...but, maybe just to be a greater ministry. The first two albums are as "Christian" as anything I own, so it is hard for me to see them make a drastic change. They are touring with Ligion, which, I am guessing (by just a little research) does not call themselves a "Christian" band.....Ligion sounds very much like DOF...they are in Cleveland in March...I would really like to see them.

(CrossThreading Here Very Happy ) Absolutely NO Filler on Cut And Move.

(IMO, of course Laughing )
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Finally,new Day of Fire   Finally,new Day of Fire I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 10:55 pm

Hmm, I might have to check out "Cut and Move"

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Finally,new Day of Fire   Finally,new Day of Fire I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 11:25 pm

Yea, Cut & Move is a great album. A little heavier than the first album. Cut & move's best song thou is a mid-tempo rocker called "hole in my hand". Also DOF is one of those bands that are much heavier in concert than on thier album. They had one song called "the Calling" that was very good and bold in thier lyrics,but sadly it did not make "Cut and Move". After re-listening to the song "When i see you" I guess you could say it does have a Christian message to it. Josh Brown has such an amazing testimony that I would hate to seem them lose thier faith. They have/had a strong ministry and hopefully they continue it.
Back to top Go down
LateFortheParty

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2007-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Finally,new Day of Fire   Finally,new Day of Fire I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 11:28 pm

Quote :
Josh Brown has such an amazing testimony that I would hate to seem them lose thier faith. They have/had a strong ministry and hopefully they continue it.

Agreed.

Quote :
Also DOF is one of those bands that are much heavier in concert than on thier album.

Music to my ears Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Finally,new Day of Fire   Finally,new Day of Fire I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 10:33 am

Well, I don't think I've heard any band that was lighter in concert than on their album.

I'm also one of those that prefers the debut to C&M.

alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Finally,new Day of Fire   Finally,new Day of Fire I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 8:48 pm

I love that "When I See You" song. That's cool.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Finally,new Day of Fire   Finally,new Day of Fire I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 5:54 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I love that "When I See You" song. That's cool.
Yup me too, but that acoustic demo of "Never Goodbye" was very repetitious and kind of annoying after a few minutes.

PostSubject: Re: Finally,new Day of Fire   Finally,new Day of Fire I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Finally,new Day of Fire
Page 1 of 1