Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I finally found it!!!

Go down 
+3
rockerVu2
nazpastor
alldatndensum
7 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

I finally found it!!! Empty
PostSubject: I finally found it!!!   I finally found it!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 8:45 pm

A few years ago, I bought a CD by the band Big Fat Jam. By the time I heard of this band, they had already called it quits. I managed to track down their singer and emailed with him for a while. I wanted to know if they had any earlier releases. He said that they did, but even he no longer had a copy. I had given up ever finding anything else by this great band.

Well, one of the guys on CMR told me that someone had it for sale on Amazon. I hopped over there, and sure enough, there it was! Needless to say, I bought the cheapest one on there, but there were 3 more copies up for grabs.

If you've never heard, or heard of, Big Fat Jam, then you are missing out. They were a rock band infusing blues, funk, and maybe a little southern rock. Just imagine something similar to the secular band the Black Crowes.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
nazpastor

nazpastor

Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2007-05-01

PostSubject: Re: I finally found it!!!   I finally found it!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 9:13 pm

2 left now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: I finally found it!!!   I finally found it!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 9:19 pm

Someone else needs to score these. They won't be around forever.

Naz, let me know when you get the first Amos CD and what you think of it, okay?

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
nazpastor

nazpastor

PostSubject: Re: I finally found it!!!   I finally found it!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 9:22 pm

From the sound clips I found, it is very prog rock sounding. It is a concept album, but since I really love prog rock, that won't be a problem for me. I think they got a little edgier on the second one.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: I finally found it!!!   I finally found it!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 6:48 am

Where I can listen to samples how Big Fat Jam sounds?
Back to top Go down
RoxxRegime

RoxxRegime

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2007-11-29

PostSubject: Re: I finally found it!!!   I finally found it!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 10:28 am

I LOVE the Black Crowes (actually met 'em after a show in Detroit a few years back).... is there a place where I can hear sound samples of Big Fat Jam?
Back to top Go down
RoxxRegime

RoxxRegime

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2007-11-29

PostSubject: Re: I finally found it!!!   I finally found it!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 12:37 pm

Ok, I've read some more reviews and I'm sure I'll like these guys... I just ordered the s/t (the one alldat was talking about above) and the Welcome to Wonderland discs... can't wait to get 'em!

There are still 2 more of the S/T on amazon, and the Welcome to Wonderland is selling used for under a buck! Mine was $.02 plus $2.98 shipping...
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874

PostSubject: Re: I finally found it!!!   I finally found it!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 1:03 pm

Humph. Here I thought you found your missing parts so you were a complete idiot now.

Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: I finally found it!!!   I finally found it!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 5:57 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
Humph. Here I thought you found your missing parts so you were a complete idiot now.

Yep, eggzactly what I was thinkin too.

Twisted Evil

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: I finally found it!!!   I finally found it!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 8:28 pm

Quote :
Here I thought you found your missing parts so you were a complete idiot now.

After having my gall bladder removed, I'll never be a complete idiot again! Sad

Back to top Go down
Stryped Forever

Stryped Forever

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2007-08-20

PostSubject: Re: I finally found it!!!   I finally found it!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 10:38 pm

Here is a link to sound samples....
Big Fat Jam Samples

Also ebay has a mega rare CD single from the album!
CD Single - eBay
Back to top Go down
http://www.StrypedForever.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: I finally found it!!!   I finally found it!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 10:39 pm

Don't worry alldat, even with no gall bladder you are still idiot enough to hang with us (especially topshot).

Tongue

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: I finally found it!!!   I finally found it!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 10:24 am

All I can say about the self-titled Big Fat Jam CD is this: I love it! Ok, three of the songs on it are repeated on their "Welcome To Wonderland" CD, but the arrangements are a bit different on this demo CD. Actually, even though the mix is a bit rougher, it works better for them than their label debut. This sounds like it could be a really great sound in a smoky club somewhere. Very raw and honest.

Only ONE left on Amazon, by the way!

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: I finally found it!!!   I finally found it!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 10:33 am

The Big Fat Jam song I listened very good.
Back to top Go down
nazpastor

nazpastor

PostSubject: Re: I finally found it!!!   I finally found it!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 1:34 pm

You already received your S/T? That was very quick. I am looking forward to getting it. I also have a promo disc for Welcome to Wonderland and it has a different name for one of the songs, which was apparently re-named on the official release. I can't tell if there are any differences on the mixes or not though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I finally found it!!!   I finally found it!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I finally found it!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: