Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

X-Sinner finally here.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
nazpastor

nazpastor

Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2007-05-01

X-Sinner finally here. Empty
PostSubject: X-Sinner finally here.   X-Sinner finally here. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 2:20 pm

'Tis true. Listening to it now. Alldat, it sounds better than those MP3's, but still no where as polished as an Elephante release.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: X-Sinner finally here.   X-Sinner finally here. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 5:06 pm

You are soooooooooooooooooooooooo lucky nazpastor.
Yep, you are really a lucky guy because your X-Sinner was in your mailbox.
I expect mine before the end of the year.
The mailman brought mail this morning -- but no X-Sinner.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: X-Sinner finally here.   X-Sinner finally here. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 10:47 pm

I still haven't received mine yet. I was hoping it would come yesterday, but it was not in the mailbox.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: X-Sinner finally here.   X-Sinner finally here. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 10:45 am

I'll be watching the mailbox again today. I am anxious to hear the final version.

Naz, what was your opinion of Rex's vocals on the final disc? Can you hear the bass and bass drum? Do you think the band is trying too hard to sound like AC/DC now?

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: X-Sinner finally here.   X-Sinner finally here. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 11:08 am

My mailbox is empty today.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: X-Sinner finally here.   X-Sinner finally here. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 2:47 pm

Odd that only one of you has gotten it yet.
I can understand RockerVu2 getting her's later because she lives in Europe, but I would have thought Alldat and Nazpastor would have gotten theirs at the same time.
scratch

It is still not listed for sale at cdbaby. Is this cd only for sale through the bands website?

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: X-Sinner finally here.   X-Sinner finally here. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 7:17 pm

The CD is available through their website and through both the X-Sinner and Image Records MySpace pages.

I got my copy today and have listened to it all the way through. Here's my thoughts:

Rex's attempt to sound more like a cross of Bon Scott & Brian Johnson of AC/DC makes the lyrics VERY hard to understand. If not for the lyric sheet, I'd be pretty much lost.

The bass and bass drum are largely absent from the mix. I know that they were shooting for a live sound, but this is not what I was hoping for from X-Sinner. If you are a fan of the Elephante produced releases, then this is going to sound like a major step backwards musically for their fans.

It isn't a bad CD per se, but it could be a lot stronger. What I had hoped to be my favorite disc for 2008 isn't going to come close.

Back to top Go down
nazpastor

nazpastor

PostSubject: Re: X-Sinner finally here.   X-Sinner finally here. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 7:30 pm

OK, here is my take. I was traveling today and I popped the disc into my car player and cranked it. I found that when you turn the volume up, this thing cranks. It truly does sound better, at least to me, the louder it is played.

Vocally, it took me a while to figure out where I had heard that voice before. Then it hit me. Seasame Street. No, it isn't Cookie Monster vocals, this time it is Elmo vocals. I kid you not. After I recognized it, I am almost certain that Elmo does the lead vocals.

I love the music, and the mix, when played loudly, is not that bad. I cannot stand the vocals for more than a once through playing though. Disappointment isn't too bad as the disc is solid, but the vocals, which I complained about from the earliest demo tracks publicized, kill this disc as a favorite for me.

On a scale of 1 to 10, I would rate this one about 6.5 for me. From the X-Sinner catelog, this is probably least favorite. I even like the Angry Einsteins disc better, and that one took some getting used to.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: X-Sinner finally here.   X-Sinner finally here. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 8:22 pm

I would probably give it a 6.0 out of 10.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: X-Sinner finally here.   X-Sinner finally here. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 10:15 pm

Woah some harsh early reviews. Kind of sad.
Sad

nazpastor

PostSubject: Re: X-Sinner finally here.   X-Sinner finally here. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 12:30 am

Let me put it this way. I have the new Harmony disc and the new X-Sinner disc. I can barely listen to the X-Sinner disc all the way through, but I can't get enough of the Harmony disc. I have listened to it 10 times in the past few days. It is stunningly done, whereas the X-Sinner disc just misses the mark of what it could have been.

Others may not find the Elmo vocals problematic. I didn't like them from the earliest demos and they never fixed them. I know that others didn't like the earlier vocals/mixes and it seems that the band ignored those concerns. I honestly can't tell a lot of difference from the early "test releases" and the final product. I hope that they really bless some people with this album, but I am not really impressed by the results.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: X-Sinner finally here.   X-Sinner finally here. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 9:53 am

Quote :
I honestly can't tell a lot of difference from the early "test releases" and the final product. I hope that they really bless some people with this album, but I am not really impressed by the results.

Agree totally!

As for the Harmony, I think it is a really strong CD, but it is taking some time to grow on me. I don't know why. However, the new Disciple and the Stricken CDs keep finding their way into my CD player over and over. I am betting that the new Wisdom's Call that I got yesterday will do the same.

Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: X-Sinner finally here.   X-Sinner finally here. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 1:55 pm

The samples left me very unimpressed. The bad reviews here and elsewhere are giving me more pause. I will not be buying this. That's a shame. Instead of trying to be a clone of another band, they should have pursued their own sound a bit more. I love those Elephante produced records. They didn't need to make the same CD over again, but they didn't need to do this either.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: X-Sinner finally here.   X-Sinner finally here. I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 10:09 am

Maybe the fact we had to wait so long for this X-Sinner album made our expectations a bit to high.

All I have read about "World Covered In Blood" made me very dissapointed.
I was so looking forward to this new X-Sinner album.
All I hope is that the guys of X-Sinner has learned not to be a clone of an other band but be their selve.
Back to top Go down
nazpastor

nazpastor

PostSubject: Re: X-Sinner finally here.   X-Sinner finally here. I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 11:44 am

I put this disc in this morning and asked my daughter (17 year old one) who is sounded like on vocals, especially on the song "Forgive Them". She said she didn't like it and she didn't know who it sounded like. I told her to close her eyes and listen for a second. She did and and he hit the first "Forgive them" about the time I asked if she thought is sounded like Elmo. She started laughing out loud and said she wondered if he was the voice of Elmo.

I can see it now, "Headbanger Elmo". A little bandana and torn jeans. It would be pretty easy, he would not have to do much except bang his head and sing "Forgive Them". X-Sinner would make a fortune and metalheads worldwide would have their own furry little red mascot. Headbang

Alldat, listen to that song with your eyes closed and see what visual image pops up. Maybe you could add to his costume.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: X-Sinner finally here.   X-Sinner finally here. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 10:25 am

My copy was in the mail today.
I'm listening again and again to "World Covered In Blood".
The sound of the vocals aren't very good and I have to say "Get It" and "Peace Treaty" sound much better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: X-Sinner finally here.   X-Sinner finally here. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

X-Sinner finally here.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: