Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Vince Neil and the national anthem ... oy vey!

Go down 
+3
Xid
Staybrite
BearDad
7 posters
AuthorMessage
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

Vince Neil and the national anthem ... oy vey! Empty
PostSubject: Vince Neil and the national anthem ... oy vey!   Vince Neil and the national anthem ... oy vey! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2015 3:14 pm

Does someone need Auto-Tune or what!?

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23462
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Vince Neil and the national anthem ... oy vey!   Vince Neil and the national anthem ... oy vey! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2015 5:11 pm

Well it's not as if he has ever been an amazing vocalist, and I hear that singing the National Anthem in a stadium is horrible conditions for any vocalist (reverb, delay, impossible to hear yourself etc.).  But yes that was a bit cringe-worthy, even for Vince.

Xid

Number of posts : 5525
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Vince Neil and the national anthem ... oy vey!   Vince Neil and the national anthem ... oy vey! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2015 5:44 pm

That was pretty lackluster all right.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23462
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Vince Neil and the national anthem ... oy vey!   Vince Neil and the national anthem ... oy vey! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2015 6:14 pm

At least he didn't try to turn it into a full-on screaming ode to Crue rendition.  Kudos to him for (at the very least) keeping it relatively "normal"

Number of posts : 3876
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Vince Neil and the national anthem ... oy vey!   Vince Neil and the national anthem ... oy vey! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 11:59 am

It would not surprise me at all if he was under the influence. Certainly wasn't reverent in the least.

bassdude

bassdude

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Vince Neil and the national anthem ... oy vey!   Vince Neil and the national anthem ... oy vey! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 3:52 pm

Vince has always been a horrible singer...I don't know why this would be a surprise to anyone.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483

PostSubject: Re: Vince Neil and the national anthem ... oy vey!   Vince Neil and the national anthem ... oy vey! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2015 8:17 am

That was almost as painful as when Rosanne Barr Arnold sang the Nat'l. Anthem.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Vince Neil and the national anthem ... oy vey!   Vince Neil and the national anthem ... oy vey! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2015 9:34 am

alldatndensum wrote:
That was almost as painful as when Rosanne Barr Arnold sang the Nat'l. Anthem.

The difference being that she is not known for being a singer and didn't even try to pretend she could, and then appeared to be deliberately disrespectful. Vince at least tried.

It sounded to me like he started in too low a key, and probably took it for granted that he'd be able to sing it because he knew the words, so why practice it. My dad has sung the national anthem, and he says it is one of the hardest songs to sing, particularly acapela.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483

PostSubject: Re: Vince Neil and the national anthem ... oy vey!   Vince Neil and the national anthem ... oy vey! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2015 9:51 am

I know how hard it can be.  I had to do this once for a local political rally.  I practiced off an on for a couple of days and was able to nail it.  Sounds like Vince just didn't care enough to practice.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Vince Neil and the national anthem ... oy vey!   Vince Neil and the national anthem ... oy vey! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2015 10:01 am

I once watched a video of Geddy Lee singing the Canadian national anthem, I think for a baseball game. It wasn't terrible, but he didn't sound at all like Geddy Lee, but he did sound way out of his comfort zone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vince Neil and the national anthem ... oy vey!   Vince Neil and the national anthem ... oy vey! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2015 12:02 pm

I read that the star spangled banner is one of the hardest songs to sing...
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5525
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Vince Neil and the national anthem ... oy vey!   Vince Neil and the national anthem ... oy vey! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2015 12:19 pm

Rosanne actually has a very good singing voice.  She just started too high but she couldn't stop once she started, so she just rolled with it knowing it was awful and tried to play it off as her being a comedienne.  Unfortunately for her, it really blew up in her face and all but killed her career.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vince Neil and the national anthem ... oy vey!   Vince Neil and the national anthem ... oy vey! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vince Neil and the national anthem ... oy vey!
Page 1 of 1