Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

12 Stones - Anthem for The Underdog

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
rageofcr

12 Stones - Anthem for The Underdog Empty
PostSubject: 12 Stones - Anthem for The Underdog   12 Stones - Anthem for The Underdog I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 7:46 pm

Anyone else have this yet? I just got a copy and have listened to 5 songs and so far I like it quite a bit. They have a sound very similar to Creed or Nickleback (although not quite as good as either of those bands).
Back to top Go down
7thSecond

7thSecond

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2007-04-27

PostSubject: Re: 12 Stones - Anthem for The Underdog   12 Stones - Anthem for The Underdog I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 8:20 pm

Would have to be something really special to stand out in this really mundane genre.
Back to top Go down
rageofcr

PostSubject: Re: 12 Stones - Anthem for The Underdog   12 Stones - Anthem for The Underdog I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 10:52 pm

I know what you mean. The three bands I just listed are pretty much the only modern rock bands I even listen to.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond

7thSecond

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2007-04-27

PostSubject: Re: 12 Stones - Anthem for The Underdog   12 Stones - Anthem for The Underdog I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 11:42 pm

I like some modern rock bands but the Creed, Fighting Instinct, Daughtry, Nickleback sound has been about worn out now for me. It's o.k. every once in a while though. They just seem to all sound so much alike. For modern rock I lean more towards Red, Decyfer Down and Spoken.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3868
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: 12 Stones - Anthem for The Underdog   12 Stones - Anthem for The Underdog I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 7:43 am

I didn't know they had a new one out. I didn't care for the lyrics too much on Potter's Field so if they're still pretty vague on Anthem I'd pass.

rageofcr

PostSubject: Re: 12 Stones - Anthem for The Underdog   12 Stones - Anthem for The Underdog I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 11:17 am

The lyrics are definitely not evangelical but... the songs themselves are WAY better than the songs on Potters Field. I didn't like that cd much at all.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: 12 Stones - Anthem for The Underdog   12 Stones - Anthem for The Underdog I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 7:44 pm

I never gave them much of a chance after first hearing their self-titled debut. But at the time, I wouldn't even give any modern rock/nu metal music the time of day.
I will have to go check it out.

PostSubject: Re: 12 Stones - Anthem for The Underdog   12 Stones - Anthem for The Underdog I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 11:53 pm

It's much more streamlined and has less "nu-metal" but more modern rock style. Kinda like Kutless or Creed.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: 12 Stones - Anthem for The Underdog   12 Stones - Anthem for The Underdog I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 7:41 am

I liked their debut, but I care a lot about lyrics so I think I'll pass on this one. What songs do you think show their faith the best, Norm?

alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436

PostSubject: Re: 12 Stones - Anthem for The Underdog   12 Stones - Anthem for The Underdog I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 8:07 am

I have the new CD, and there are a few songs that could either be about a human relationship or one with the Lord depending on the listener. As far as anything really showing their faith or pointing you towards Christ, this CD doesn't really have much. The songs are written so that there can be many interpretations. I guess the listener can choose their own meanings. But, I like for an artist to show me where they are at and what they are going through--not expect me to figure it out.

Musically, it's a good disc, though. Maybe after I get a chance to really read through the lyric sheet I'll discover some little nuggets.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: 12 Stones - Anthem for The Underdog   12 Stones - Anthem for The Underdog I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 10:23 am

Thanks, Chris. Let me know if you find any.

rageofcr

PostSubject: Re: 12 Stones - Anthem for The Underdog   12 Stones - Anthem for The Underdog I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 12:00 pm

Chris is correct. Nothing evangelical at all and very little that shows their faith. I actually felt that most the songs were about human relationships. I really like most the disc though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 12 Stones - Anthem for The Underdog   12 Stones - Anthem for The Underdog I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

12 Stones - Anthem for The Underdog
Page 1 of 1