Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nine Lashes - Anthem of the Lonely

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Nine Lashes - Anthem of the Lonely Empty
PostSubject: Nine Lashes - Anthem of the Lonely   Nine Lashes - Anthem of the Lonely I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 7:56 pm

Earler this year, Nine Lashes announced their new partnership with Tooth and Nail and have just released a new single called Anthem of the Lonely from thier yet to be titled album coming out soon. You can listen to it at the top of this page:

Anthem of the Lonely

I really like the band's new sound. When the band released their independent debut produced by Travis Wyrick, the music was pretty sound, but I thought the vocals sounded a bit whiney. To me, this single sounds a lot more mature. They have a sound rather similar to RED, so if you like them, you'll probably like Nine Lashes as well.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Nine Lashes - Anthem of the Lonely   Nine Lashes - Anthem of the Lonely I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 8:07 pm

If they release a new album, it will go into the coolection.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

PostSubject: Re: Nine Lashes - Anthem of the Lonely   Nine Lashes - Anthem of the Lonely I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 8:38 pm

Here is the official release:
Quote :

Seattle, Wash. ..June 27, 2011...Tooth & Nail Records proudly announces the signing of rockers Nine Lashes
to their acclaimed roster. Nine Lashes’ debut Rock single will go for adds at radio on July 1st and will be available on iTunes July 12th. Their full-length label debut (co-produced by Aaron Sprinkle and Trevor McNevan) will release in early 2012.

“It is so crazy to know that we are signed to Tooth & Nail Records,”shares lead vocalist Jeremy Dunn. “Since I was a teenager, I’ve dreamedof playing music for a living. It is surreal to look back and see us come from nothing to this - God is truly impressive.”

Eventually Nine Lashes was discovered and brought to Tooth & Nail Records by label mate Trevor McNevan of Thousand Foot Krutch, who also helped co-write many of the songs and some guest vocals.

“It is amazing to be on the Tooth & Nail Records label. I remember when we started the band, Tooth & Nail Records was ‘the label,’ and we would talk about someday being on the roster,” states guitarist Adam Jefferson. “Now that dream has become a reality.”

Nine Lashes’ different personalities and musical tastes are a creative melting pot that produces a hybrid sound that will take the listener from rock, to screaming guest vocals from Demon Hunter’s Ryan Clark (“Our Darkest Day”) to moving melodies. Their differences were once viewed as an obstacle to writing music, but they soon realized that working together and embracing these variances created just the right sound and combination for the album.

“We just began writing what we felt, and the diversity within our band translated itself right onto the record,” states Dunn.

The debut radio single “Anthem of the Lonely” is a band self-descriptionabout taking a stand for your beliefs even if that means that you are standing alone.

“When we were writing this song, I saw this story of a person going through this change. Their life is being transformed but there is still this doubt and looking back, having to let go of the old things – that whole process,” Dunn shares about writing the single.
Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

PostSubject: Re: Nine Lashes - Anthem of the Lonely   Nine Lashes - Anthem of the Lonely I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 2:38 pm

I found a couple more singles they've released recently. The new album will be released in February 2012 and was produced by Trevor McNevan of Thousand Foot Krutch. So naturally, they have a very TFK-esque sound (McNevan even appears as a guest vocalist in the second song). I'll go ahead and post Anthem of the Lonely as well:

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23399
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Nine Lashes - Anthem of the Lonely   Nine Lashes - Anthem of the Lonely I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 3:46 pm

Listening to the "Anthem" song right now, not bad. I'm gonna have to check out the other tracks as well.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Nine Lashes - Anthem of the Lonely   Nine Lashes - Anthem of the Lonely I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 4:24 pm

They sound very much like TFK and Red. I like the sound, but it is yet another band that I will have trouble distinguishing from others without really knowing the material.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16562
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Nine Lashes - Anthem of the Lonely   Nine Lashes - Anthem of the Lonely I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 8:47 am

Nine Lashes reminds me to Red so much.
I only don't miss the piano.
But it sound good.

I've noticed there are more and more bands with similar sounds.
There are band who have a similar sound as Kutless.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nine Lashes - Anthem of the Lonely   Nine Lashes - Anthem of the Lonely I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nine Lashes - Anthem of the Lonely
Page 1 of 1