Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tourniquet is losing me.

Go down 
+14
Samson
messiaen77
Fundy
kerrick
BearDad
Through The Dark Radio
xenonlion
Staybrite
alldatndensum
Driven
Xid
topshot rhit
Guilty/Forgiven
Redeemed Fool
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3875
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Tourniquet is losing me.  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet is losing me.    Tourniquet is losing me.  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 10:48 am

Way to play nice, guys. Thumbs Up

I love reading such thoughtful discussion on a variety of sometimes controversial topics. CHM rocks!

Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet is losing me.    Tourniquet is losing me.  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 3:24 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
Way to play nice, guys. Thumbs Up

I love reading such thoughtful discussion on a variety of sometimes controversial topics. CHM rocks!

I completely agree, don't stop....just remember to treat each other with respect and kindness (like you are already doing)......blog post and all.  Laughing

xenonlion

Number of posts : 1689
Registration date : 2013-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet is losing me.    Tourniquet is losing me.  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 4:55 pm

Yeah, I noticed that, too. Discussion has been working very well. That's good.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet is losing me.    Tourniquet is losing me.  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 7:57 pm

I love discussing things here, because people have different points of view, but are respectful in expressing their own and discussing others.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet is losing me.    Tourniquet is losing me.  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 12:04 pm

Driven wrote:
I love discussing things here, because people have different points of view, but are respectful in expressing their own and discussing others.

NO THEY DON'T.  YOU'RE WRONG!!!1!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet is losing me.    Tourniquet is losing me.  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 1:40 pm

kerrick wrote:
Driven wrote:

I was willing to agree with you until your blatant miss-use of the "shift key" caused you to type a "1" instead of an exclamation point.  Now I can't even look at you.

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet is losing me.    Tourniquet is losing me.  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 1:43 pm

See now, your sanctimonious attitude is clearly indicating you're a completely self-righteous jerk. I refuse to have this discussion with you, since you obviously won't even try to understand anyone else's point of view and you're wilfully ignorant.

(culled from the best of Internet debaters… Razz)
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet is losing me.    Tourniquet is losing me.  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 2:21 pm

Are you really GW?  affraid
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet is losing me.    Tourniquet is losing me.  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 2:47 pm

Staybrite wrote:
kerrick wrote:
Driven wrote:

I was willing to agree with you until your blatant miss-use of the "shift key" caused you to type a "1" instead of an exclamation point.  Now I can't even look at you.

Driven wrote:
See now, your sanctimonious attitude is clearly indicating you're a completely self-righteous jerk. I refuse to have this discussion with you, since you obviously won't even try to understand anyone else's point of view and you're wilfully ignorant.

Wow, if the internet "debates" could be summed up in two posts...
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3875
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet is losing me.    Tourniquet is losing me.  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 3:26 pm

kerrick wrote:

... you'd be dead... without your boots.

Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet is losing me.    Tourniquet is losing me.  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 3:36 pm

I fart in your general direction.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet is losing me.    Tourniquet is losing me.  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 4:55 pm

kerrick wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
kerrick wrote:
Driven wrote:

Driven wrote:

If? Could? I would just say "are" summed up!
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

xenonlion

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet is losing me.    Tourniquet is losing me.  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 5:33 pm

Xid wrote:
I fart in your general direction.

Your mother was a hampster and your father smelt of elderberries.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet is losing me.    Tourniquet is losing me.  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 5:40 pm

cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet is losing me.    Tourniquet is losing me.  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 5:54 pm

^An absolute classic!  That one never gets old.  afro

John Cleese actually came to my college and spoke.  He was absolutely hilarious!
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet is losing me.    Tourniquet is losing me.  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 6:02 pm

You killed the wedding guests.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet is losing me.    Tourniquet is losing me.  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 10:38 am

He's going to tell (He's going to tell)
He's going to tell (He's going to tell)
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet is losing me.    Tourniquet is losing me.  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 2:39 pm

Sir Robin ran away.......
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet is losing me.    Tourniquet is losing me.  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 5:06 pm

I'm not dead
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

xenonlion

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet is losing me.    Tourniquet is losing me.  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 4:52 pm

did he died
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet is losing me.    Tourniquet is losing me.  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 5:12 pm

Heads I win, tails you lose
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5331
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet is losing me.    Tourniquet is losing me.  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2015 1:49 am

I'm not opposed to Tourniquet saying all this stuff, but I kind of think it's gone off topic a bit (for me anyway).  I haven't bought anything that they've done since WMRD as their music is just too thrashy and progressive for me.  Now they're concentrating on animal rights it just doesn't fit well with what I'm looking for.

Actually I've never been that happy with Tourniquet since Caixa De Raiva which wound be up a bit back in the day!

As for BATS?  Well, I actually kind of liked that.  And I do think Crawl To China is a great album, and fit Lukes vocals perfectly.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5331
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet is losing me.    Tourniquet is losing me.  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2015 1:58 am

I just read the lyrics again to Caixa...

OOOOOOOooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  AHHHHH!

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet is losing me.    Tourniquet is losing me.  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2015 8:39 am

BearDad wrote:
Is Ted "aligned with" PETA or some other "earth first" group?  Or just voicing some of the same concerns as them? I admit I have only given his latest work a cursory listen and only skimmed the liner notes. If he is saying he supports them then I agree with you 100% and want my $$ for the CD back because buying it essentially supports them; as Believers we should avoid supporting organizations whose beliefs are not the same as our own.

On the other hand, some of the concerns of PETA and other such organizations are valid and need to be expressed. I don't believe proper care for the creation needs to amount to worship; I can still worship God while I help take care of His creation.
I'll be the first to admit that I only known of PETA through the news and the "animals are people too" protesters at the circus, but I wonder if PETA is a radical, terroristic organization or if it just the actions of some of the whackballs who have joined the group.  I mean the NRA is a good organization with good goals and mostly good, respectful members mixed in with some idiots who do stupid stuff just because "it is my right."  Those are the people who put the group in the news.  I don't know the answer, and I wouldn't be surprised either way.

The whole idea of buying things=supporting the beliefs of others is a tricky one because of the nature of the modern economy.  I agree it is the ideal and if Ted's beliefs and affiliations are offensive to you or contradictory to your own, then don't buy his albums.

I'll go a step further on the last sentence and say that caring for Creation IS an act of worshiping God.
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet is losing me.    Tourniquet is losing me.  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2015 12:49 pm

I don't disagree but when taking care of creation becomes the final goal and starts to seem like we elevate it above people then......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet is losing me.    Tourniquet is losing me.  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tourniquet is losing me.
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next