Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Losing hope for Guardian

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Losing hope for Guardian Empty
PostSubject: Losing hope for Guardian   Losing hope for Guardian I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 12:25 am

Saw this little blurb from Jamie Rowe of Guardian on his blog. Sadly, I fear the end is here for the band.

I still find myself pining to be a full time recording artist from time to time. But I just don't think that's realistic at this point in my life. I watch music sales dwindle on a daily basis and see bands canceling tours because they can't afford the gasoline without tour support from the label. It's a mess. Fortunately, I still have an audience from the Guardian days who are constantly sending emails of support asking if I'm ever gonna' release something new...or the daily question: Is Guardian going to reform?
Well, I can tell you the Guardian machine has had a number of false re-starts over the past few years. Enough that It's killed most of my excitement. I'm super stoked about the Argentina show in December...Playing with the guys I spent an entire decade with, playing the Guardian songs that folks have been waiting to hear, getting a dose of international travel to offset the often uninspiring surroundings of Southwestern Indiana. But beyond that, I just don't know.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Losing hope for Guardian   Losing hope for Guardian I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 11:35 am

Didn't know he still lived here. Anyway, it shows he's more worried about money than spreading the word (IMHO). You don't need to tour anymore. It's pretty simple to release a CD independently. Sure, it's quite difficult to make a living in music though it pretty much always has been, but it's not difficult to get a CD into the hands of the fans that want it.

ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Losing hope for Guardian   Losing hope for Guardian I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 11:21 pm

He is very successful thou it seems in the marketing department. I know he was behind the marketing for the new Decemberadio. I think he also got a position with Integrity.
Its funny you bring that up about the recording thou. In an earlier post he talked about recording a new song by his other side band CRUNCH. He said that Vic (guitarist) sent the bands there parts via web and they all recorded thier parts at thier own studio. Jamie said he recorded his vocals from his dining room. Then sent it back to Vic and it was mastered in like 3 days. Shows ya that if the band (Guardian) seriously wanted to record the could. How hard would it be to have each do thier parts and then mix it all together. I'm guessing that they all want to be in the studio at the same time thou.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Losing hope for Guardian   Losing hope for Guardian I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 7:48 am

It would be nice to work in the studio at the same time, but it really isn't necessary. Besides, even if they were, the band only plays together to make scratch tracks. Then, everyone typically comes back in separately to lay their own tracks.

Take a look at the new Incarnate disc. Thomas Wilson used several different guitarists from around the country (JD Evans of Letter 7, Pastor Brad, Jon Hooper, etc.) Except for Jon, who lives in Canada, I know that these guitarists sent their parts that they recorded at home and Thomas dropped the tracks in where they needed to be. I did three songs on bass and sent the tracks via Internet. It really isn't that hard to do this way anymore.

Truthfully, if Guardian (Petra, Crystavox, Barren Cross, Recon, Holy Soldier, any other old band that reunited and promised a new CD) really wanted to put out new music, we live in an age where that can be done inexpensively and across a lot of distance.

I'm putting Guardian in the "I'll believe it when I see it" category and focusing my attention on bands that really ARE recording.

Disciple's new disc comes out in a couple of weeks!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
fishingd

fishingd

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2008-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Losing hope for Guardian   Losing hope for Guardian I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 10:54 am

This is one band I just can't get into for some reaon never have.. I saw them live in 1994 left half way though the show..
Back to top Go down
http://www.metalpulseradio.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Losing hope for Guardian   Losing hope for Guardian I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Losing hope for Guardian
Page 1 of 1